Emp_Gaiserics berserk creations

cliff01.jpg

I created this image as the background for my Samsung Infuse.
Behelit01.jpg

This is a clay Beherit I just finished.
Dragonslayer_hilt_wireframe_image.jpg
Dragonslayer_image.jpg

And a rendering I did of Dragon Slayer.

Very cool! Love the dragon slayer model. The phone cover is pretty slick, too.
Thanks, The phone wallpaper was done in MS Paint with a mouse, so with those limitations I'm pretty happy with it. I'm currently drawing subsequent frames to try and do an animation of it adding rapid breathing and his cloak blowing in the wind.

Dragon Slayer was done in Shade 8.

I'm trying to get into a University 3D art program, but having some limited luck right now. I got readmitted to the University, but the incoming freshman class was so big that they didn't have room for me to transfer directly into the program. However I'm going to have a 4.0 going into the Fall semester so they hopefully won't have any reason to keep me out for another semester. In the mean time I get to occupy myself with Engineering level Calculus II and History of Modern Art.
All that being said, I'd love to hear any advice on sketching, painting, or 3D that anyone has. As well as experiences with various drawing pads and programs because hopefully I'm going to be in the market for some of that stuff very soon.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Lookin' good so far!

If you're gonna be doing any sketching / drawing on your computer, you're going to need a tablet of some kind. It really helps a lot.

I like that model. I'm curious about how it would look with some texture on it.

I've tried to texture Dragon Slayer once or twice but it's not coming out the way I want. Part of the problem is the textures that I'm capable of doing within the program are not great (at least with my current knowledge base), and second I'm not sure the program I used will export a skin to a photoshop format so I can add detail and texture. I didn't have photoshop, but I can get it "cheap" through my University now, but I'm not finding a way to export it. However the rendering sofware was free so I can't complain too much, at least I can practice making the models, even if they end up as grey textureless masses.

I'm currently working on Guts Arm Cannon assembly. I've got the elbow brace almost completed, but I'm having trouble getting the curved head of the rivets/screws to cooperate. So it's got all the rivet holes but nothing actually holding it together.

Armincomplete2.jpg

It is a simple shape but it's got me stumped. The post of the rivet is easy, simple cylinder, but the cap just will not work. So far I've tried to make the curved quarter circle and then have it copy them in a circle to make the cap, but it always comes out looking like a protein molecule, and I'm not sure why. If anyone is familiar with Shade I am open to suggestions.

Top Bottom