Guts' relationship with Band of the Falcon compared to his travelling party?

I know that Guts viewed the Band of the Falcon as family but I dont really know what he considers his new group as. Obviously they've been through quite alot together but I dont really get the same family vibe, more like a guardian or something. What do you guys think?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Krank7374 said:
I know that Guts viewed the Band of the Falcon as family but I dont really know what he considers his new group as. Obviously they've been through quite alot together but I dont really get the same family vibe, more like a guardian or something. What do you guys think?

Guts has repeatedly expressed that he views his new companions as family. In fact, the "family-vibe" as you put it is arguably stronger with them than it was with the Band of the Falcon (if only because it's a smaller, tight-knit group). Of course that's not to say he wasn't close to his comrades-in-arms, since he was obviously very attached to them.

Two occurrences that I think are worth mentioning are when they get out of the Qliphoth in volume 26 (Guts thinks to himself that he's found companions again) and when they get into a bar brawl in Vritannis in volume 29 (where Guts specifically calls Schierke "family").

Yeah I thought of the same two instances, but i didnt think that him seeing them as companions meant that he saw them as family. Also, with that bar scene, I thought he said something along the lines of 'thats our girl' but i dont remember, owell

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Krank7374 said:
Yeah I thought of the same two instances, but i didnt think that him seeing them as companions meant that he saw them as family. Also, with that bar scene, I thought he said something along the lines of 'thats our girl' but i dont remember, owell

In Japanese he specifically uses a word meaning family (家).

Top Bottom