Author Topic: Other good series for Berserk fans?  (Read 546 times)

Offline NCHaskew

Other good series for Berserk fans?
« on: March 11, 2018, 07:36:33 PM »
I've asked this around the web a few times, but I feel like here may have some of the best results. So, anyone know a good manga or anime, or even regular novel, similar to Berserk? Specifically medieval dark fantasy setting, though I'd be interested in anything you'd say is near Berserk's quality

Offline Menosgade

• Of the Interstice
  • Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Other good series for Berserk fans?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »
Witcher book series. It's heavier on characters and politics, though. The main plot is often seen from multiple and conflicting POVs.

Offline NCHaskew

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 03:10:39 AM »
Witcher book series. It's heavier on characters and politics, though. The main plot is often seen from multiple and conflicting POVs.

Oh, one of my friends is a really big fan of that! I'll have to take a look :) thanks for the suggestion.

Offline rockvoanjd

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:24:59 PM »
Not exactly like Berserk, but pick up Lone Wolf and Cub. The damn ending actually had me choking up like I was watching Old Yeller as a kid. One of the best of everything

Offline NCHaskew

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »
Not exactly like Berserk, but pick up Lone Wolf and Cub. The damn ending actually had me choking up like I was watching Old Yeller as a kid. One of the best of everything

Oooh that does sound familiar. And it's a long series! That should keep me intrigued for awhile. I love depressing endings xD thanks for the recommendation!

Offline VladimirPutin

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 12:47:33 PM »
I've asked this around the web a few times, but I feel like here may have some of the best results. So, anyone know a good manga or anime, or even regular novel, similar to Berserk? Specifically medieval dark fantasy setting, though I'd be interested in anything you'd say is near Berserk's quality

Vinland Saga - manga with medieval, viking setting. Vagabond - feudal Japan with samurai setting.

Vinland Saga will very soon get an anime from Wit Studio ( creators of Attack on Titan ).

Both are great manga with good drawings and decent plot.