Berserk Anime Would Be Very Long

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I was just sitting here thinking of something to write and I noticed if the anime were to have each episode correspond to each manga chapter it would be up to 221 eps long right now. But probably around late one hundreds if they didnt use filler. I wish they could've made it that way. But wouldn't that have been too long!

TheBlackSwordsman

I can't fight this dark demon within me any longer
Yeah.. it'd be kick ass if berserk was following the manga.. but.. ah well.. all we can do is pray for that second series... I mean.. really i liked guts as the black swordsman then i do when he's with the hawks.. he's so much cooler kinda.. of course i loved the band of the hawk too.. but yeah.. seeing guts wield the dragon slayer and kick ass with it is awesome.

DBZ went up to a whopping 297 eps.
i think Lupin 3 is up to several hundred now when all the seasons are included...

and if, hypothetically, they did follow the manga chapter by chapter, i dont think the episodes would even be the standard 30 mins long. maybe 2 chaps for every 1 ep?

TheBlackSwordsman said:
Yeah.. it'd be kick ass if berserk was following the manga.. but.. ah well.. all we can do is pray for that second series... I mean.. really i liked guts as the black swordsman then i do when he's with the hawks.. he's so much cooler kinda.. of course i loved the band of the hawk too.. but yeah.. seeing guts wield the dragon slayer and kick ass with it is awesome.

There better be a second series.......If it ends with Casca getting raped and Gutts losing an arm Im gonna be super pissed...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
ranemaka13 said:
DBZ went up to a whopping 297 eps.

Actually DBZ was 291 Episodes with 13 movies and actually 3 special Movies..

Bardock
History of Trunks
And the super awesome secret one. It was called End Game.

I also want to forget about the live action hong kong rip off of DBZ...bleaa..... :-X

G

Genn21

:0 Oh no not another discussion of a 2nd berserk series.

They would proboly censor some things, compact about 2 chpts into a 30 mt show, and make it around 190 ep's. Plus when it gets really good ( fanopoly ) they might evan convert a whole bunch of chpt's into a movie ( maybe the d.c game part ) or make up something new ( this could only kick total ass .. which few things are as cool). It would be nice to include puck i can imagine if they did a good job with his animation and voiceovers he might even be funny and a good side companion .

Im dying to se gut's go out and whack a few apostles in another animated debut.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
SaiyajinNoOuji said:

Bardock
History of Trunks

I also want to forget about the live action hong kong rip off of DBZ...bleaa..... :-X

and don't forget to add DB and DBGT. DB had several movies, as well as 100+ episodes. GT had 64 episodes of, what I hear to be, pure crap.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
DB had 194 Eps and GT did have 64 eps...they were way to rushed and GT was not led by Akira Toriyama... They had some good ideas but like I said way to rushed.

Getting back on subject...I think Berserk would be the same amount of episodes but it would be much bigger then DBZ...I am not sure but I think maybe there are only what? 50 at the most DB manga and that covers DB to GT. so that is around 400+ eps. That's my opinion.

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Hmmm...I would think that a 2nd series would not go over 100 eps. I mean they did about 9-10 volumes in 25 eps (cutting a bunch of stuff here and there). If they were going to animate more they would probally still be cutting a bunch of stuff here and there. So if you figure 25eps for every 9 volumes, then they could probally animate from where the 1st season ended up until volume 24/25 in about 52 eps. The only shows these days that actually do 1 manga chapter -> 1 anime ep conversions are popular mainstream shows like most Jump stuff. Most likely, A ~2am show would not have enough backing for it to last over 100 eps.

Just my $.02
--bebpo

Btw, continuing the second esp wasnt a easy task, if they were going according to the manga, There would be a gap between the 1st and the 2nd anime becz the 1st anime they left out silatt, puck and skully!

Unless they do something such as modifying the 1st anime or somehow introduced those 3 characters, it will dissatisfied some of the fan who only watch the anime (such as US fan etc)

SaiyajinNoOuji said:

Bardock
History of Trunks

don't forget the original Dragon Ball series there were something like 200eps i think. plus DB movies. because the manga was never called DBZ so the manga portion of DB and DBZ is all one long story and both animes follow the manga.

actually there are 42 dragon ball manga starting from db and ending with dbz. unless there were changes after i bought the manga so many years ago DBGT is not in manga form.

dammit. i didn't read the other posts before writing this.

Top Bottom