Art of War

Filthy Wretch

UHH FUUHHHH
Is it just me or do some of the Art of War action figures have poor quality. The statues especially transformed Zodd look good but the Black Swordsman Guts, I mean did you see his metal hand it was all block and square. I'm not saying I could do any better or bitching for something to bitch about but I think they could've done better on their figures.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Filthy Wretch said:
Is it just me or do some of the Art of War action figures have poor quality. The statues especially transformed Zodd look good but the Black Swordsman Guts, I mean did you see his metal hand it was all block and square. I'm not saying I could do any better or bitching for something to bitch about but I think they could've done better on their figures.

Yes, for the prices they charge for certain items I would expect better quality. I was actually disappointed at the way Zodd turned out ( the statue Human Zodd) because he's a lot shorter and stockier than in the anime or manga.
You have to be really careful with some of the small pieces too of both the statues and the action figures because they can easily break.

But I'm on my way to completing my collection so they'll be sitting safely behind a curio glass display case.

LG

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Some of my statues have broken a few times. The strap holding Casca's scabbard on her belt tore, so I had to glue it, and there is a big crack forming in her hand so her sword keeps falling out of it. And this is when my statues are just sitting there, on display, practically untouched! I've had to fix this stuff with some modeling superglue. It sucks, but I don't know if it's entirely Art of War's fault. Resin is a very brittle material.

As far as overall sculpt quality and paint job, though, I think that we're getting a pretty good deal. If you have ever seen sculptures based on US comic characters, you will notice that the quality of the sculpture is nowhere near worth the inflated price. For example, I have seen US sculptures smaller than the winged Zoddo and of much shittier quality on sale for 3 and 4 hundred bucks!

SexyCharlotte

It's true what you say. My friend who is painting the GRIFFITH ON HORSEBACK said that the quality of the MODEL RESIN KITS was excellent..she did not have to sand or shave anything down on rough edges.

Plus the details on each statue, particularly the armor, is excellent. I was looking closely at the Griffith Hawk statue and noticing each plate on the armor is so detailed...

LG

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I definitely recommend the Griffith on horseback statue.I just got mine,they made it smaller than I expected,but it really looks amazing.

SexyCharlotte

Rakshas!

Oltobaz said:
I definitely recommend the Griffith on horseback statue.I just got mine,they made it smaller than I expected,but it really looks amazing.

I had the good fortune of meeting someone through ebay recently who sold me the Griffith on Horseback MF statue WITH RAKSHAS FIGURE. This was very unique. I couldn't even find the Rakshas version anywhere on Yahoo Japan. So it really helps to find connections out there if you want the unusual or rare stuff.

Where did you get your statue?

LG

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I got it through Hobby link.It's the limited edited version (#351)...
I've seen a few pics of the extra Rakshas.It looks pretty damn cool!

Top Bottom