Acclimate translations

exender

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Just a quick newbie question...

From the opinions of the Beserk Veterans here, are the Acclimate translations worth getting for an English reader (who doesn't have the time to focus the months he would spend translating with his current level of Nihongo)?

I'm assuming there are a few people on this site who are fairly fluent in Japanese and who have at least seen the translations, who can say whether or not reading them is useful or ends up butchering the storyline...

I only ask because the scattered presence of fan translations on the web leads me to think that perhaps Acclimate's work is sub-par...?

Thanks,

Exender

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Hehe, you're right, they aren't good. At all. They leave out lots of dialogue (usually the "less" plot-important ones, like Puck talking) and have very bad grammar. I'd recommend only getting the ones that the fantranslations don't cover, but since they are coming out quite nicely now thanks to the work of some of the great ppl here I'd say you should wait a little longer for the last ones instead.

Reading the acclimate versions kinda takes out some of the feeling when you're sitting there trying to figure out what the hell the translators are trying to write in english and then adding it to the right text bubble in the comic. :)

i havent seen them myself, but some of the comments about their quality are one of the things that inspired my site. we have a few translations but we'll be updating again soon.
(the sites in my sig)

Top Bottom