Underworld

IN YO DREAMS I STALK YOU said:
No you my freind are wrong 60 unique similarities is not debatable it is a fact they copied white wolf and there is no disputing that fact they slandered white wolf's good name with a moderatley enjoyable movie.

This is what WW says. Yet the court has to decide if it stands or not.
My opinion and everybodies' else that has seen the movie and knows the WOD which I've asked is that WW may not win the case.
However the fact of sueing Underworld will publicize and advertise WW and thus propably augment their sales.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aquedesin said:
Well, that's rather sure they heard of the world of darkness before making the movie but in all the speech they made they told that they came up with the idea by themselves... After, their movie is probably inspired but look it's not whitewolf! Everybody agree to say that they are miles from the world of darkness... Couldn't we just agree that they just have thought: "wow! werewolves and vampires at war that's cool! Why don't we make a movie around this!"
Do you know Jack Fiddle about white wolf at all!? Look how similar this movie is go read the book or even a rules book wow.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Well, I DM at werewolf and know a good bit of vampire... But lo, vampires have always been described like this not only in vampire the mascarade. Go read some books and let alone RPG... Werewolves in this movie are sure more close to the vision of white wolf but where in all the rulebooks have you ever read that creatures of the wyrm and of the wild are affiliated by blood? From where in your mind did you get that werewoles were once guard dogs of the vampires when they were the one herding the whole humanity? And what of all the awesome power of the vampire? What of the 10 foot tall and 1 ton and a half werewolves able to withstand silver and slicing through medium vampires like there was nothing? Underworld is sure about vampire and werewolf in a dark city... But why didn't WW sued the people who made Blade in this case? Why not every vampires and werewolves movie which happen nowadays? Why not sueing the people who have made Dark City because some people use willpower to mold reality like in Mage? And look, last argument, werewolves spend most of their time fighting the wyrm and all his creatures which are more more dangerous than vampire...

EDIT: and where is the UMBRA?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Aquedesin said:
Werewolves in this movie are sure more close to the vision of white wolf but where in all the rulebooks have you ever read that creatures of the wyrm and of the wild are affiliated by blood? From where in your mind did you get that werewoles were once guard dogs of the vampires when they were the one herding the whole humanity?
1 clan. 1 tribe.
I think it was won of the combat centered tribes.
The vamps appeared to be Ventrue more likely Toreador or weaker yet Tremere. In other words, crappy in combat.

And do you really expect to see a lot of werewolf specific stuff in a city?

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Why not? specific tribes are able to go in the umbra in less than a minute even in a city (My old Uktena named Walk-in-Shadow did throw 10 dices and need only 1 success to get into the umbra and 2 or 3 to get in quickly)... and still like I said, werewolves and vampires aren't related by blood whatsoever in the wod...

EDIT: And also, to put back the old "which one is strongest" argument back on the front, it's much more easier to make a very powerful werewolf fighter than a powerful vampire fighter. When a vampire attack between 2 and 3 times per turn a werewolf could easily do between 4 and 5 attacks, and regenerate far faster than a vampire. And furthermore, a good werewolf may very well KILL a vampire PER attack... So let alone the brujah... (Furthermore Tremere look like dead fishes, and are wizards...)

Majin Tenshi said:
This is out allready? I'm gonna have to go see this friday. Yea, they need to include Body of the Sun.

Still, nothing beats my character concept. A 14th gen Ravnos that was turned as a joke. His crime of choice is "vigilante justice" (a bounty hunter in life) and his character goal is Galsanda. ;D

Hehe, that's pretty funny, though it sounds more like something a Malkavian would do. You should run him as a Caitiff. 8)

BTW, do you mean Golconda?

Majin Tenshi said:
"Lupine" I haven't heard that word from anywhere but White Wolf.

That's an actual English word, and simply means having the characteristics of, or resembling a wolf.

THE BEAST said:
...mmm i guess, still dont see why the milatary would need it

Well, when the vampire weapons-guy (whatever his name was) was examining it, he said something about its use as a tracer. Perhaps in addition to UV light, the bullets also emmit a different radiation which they can track with other equipment. Using them to kill vampires was just smart thinking on the puppy-side.

Also, the bullets actually caused the vamps to burn from the inside out, so they are a bit more effective than normal bullets are on normal humans.

And yeah, the vampires were totally fucking weak. Since when does a vampire lose consciousness and have to be given CPR to be resuscitated. WTF.

Majin_Tenshi

deadfuse said:
Hehe, that's pretty funny, though it sounds more like something a Malkavian would do. You should run him as a Caitiff. 8)
I didn't bother to look the spelling up on Golconda.
Its a Camerilla campaign so I half am. He doesn't know who his sire is, but he does know what clan his sire was. The ravnos turned him as a sick joke, since the bounty hunter nearly caught him. The guy also left 1 of the surviving ghouls behind (one of the few this character didn't manage to kill) to tell him enough so he wouldn't get killed. The only dicipline this guy learned was fortitude, cause he had a nack for surviving getting the shit beat out of him in life.

I could post the whole character sheet if you like...

The guy was a doctor and assumed he was dealing with a human. Of course he would do CPR, however, theres no reason to think it had any effect.

Majin Tenshi said:
The guy was a doctor and assumed he was dealing with a human. Of course he would do CPR, however, theres no reason to think it had any effect.

She didn't regain consciousness (and I'm uncertain why she lost it in the first place) until he gave her CPR, which caused her to cough up water, take a gasping breath and come to.

Majin_Tenshi

deadfuse said:
She didn't regain consciousness (and I'm uncertain why she lost it in the first place) until he gave her CPR, which caused her to cough up water, take a gasping breath and come to.
Yea, it doesn't make sense that she fell unconscious.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Underworld was a really good movie with the effects and the cool evil setting... BUT THE STORYLINE SUCKED! There was no plot what so ever, and its like the whole storyline unravled in the last 30 min!!!

Top Bottom