SONY's Handle System PSP

Well by now most of you have heard of Sony's PSP handle game system. Here's the first concept image of the PSP done by Sony.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/457/457952p1.html

So what's your opinion of the system and it's specs.Will it dethrone Nintendo in the Handheld market?

Didn't people say that also with the Playstation when it first entered the market. It's good that someone else is entering the handheld market maybe it will push the hardware limits beyond then it could have because now Nintendo has competion.Well at least the PSP is better than that bulky NOKIA N-GAGE.

It seems that the PSP has only four buttons. :-\ I hope they add more buttons so that they won't make the same mistake that Nintendo did with the GBA man it sucks playing Street Fighter with only four buttons.

BOB

poruno sutâ
the best handheld there is:

http://www.gp32x.com/

neo geo styled graphics, some ports like DOOM, mp3, divX
and yesssss emulation. Arcade, neo Geo, c64, NES, SNES, lucasfilm games, game boy, game boy advance etc...

forget the other shit

BOB

poruno sutâ
but when you play GP you can laugh at GBA players as you got a bigger display and a hundred games on your SMC

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
BOB said:
but when you play GP you can laugh at GBA players as you got a bigger display and a hundred games on your SMC

Actually I do the same thing with my GBA and laugh at GP players who play old games, when they run out of batteries and could be flashing the latest and greatest with a decent linker.

BOB

poruno sutâ
ok offence taken >:(

no serious i like the GBA (only the SP version) but i'm an emulation nerd and with that whole mame and neo geo universe i can spontaneously name a hundred games i'm interested in, whereas on the GBA I can only name maybe 8-12 Games i would sell my grandmother for (including games that can already be properly emulated by the GP)

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
BOB said:
ok offence taken >:(

no serious i like the GBA (only the SP version) but i'm an emulation nerd and with that whole mame and neo geo universe i can spontaneously name a hundred games i'm interested in, whereas on the GBA I can only name maybe 8-12 Games i would sell my grandmother for (including games that can already be properly emulated by the GP)

I love my Grandmother.

That thing can barely emulate GBA. I'd be surprised if they got one of the simpler games like mario world (GBA version, might do SNES full speed) to even run full speed, let alone mario kart or FFTA advance.

Top Bottom