MPD Psycho Live Action [Takashi Miike]

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
6 Live action episodes, from one of the best directors from Japan, Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer, Audition, DoA).
Probably the best manga i'm reading, on pair with Berserk, great (twisted)characters, awesome plot, mindfucking misteries, truly original.
You wouldnt want to miss it.
Also, the sreenplay is done by the writer of the manga.

Check it out:
http://www.acfmovies.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=14528

You can get the bittorrents through the Hawks site:
http://thehawks.org/hawks/bt/index.php
Or at the suprnova site:
http://www.suprnova.org/
The manga is available at the Omanga site:
www.omanga.net

yeah ill definetly check that out, i had wondered if it could be made into an anime but thought, "naaa, its violence would only be acceptable in picture form" so i find it a surprise that someone would dare to release it in live action form, sounds worth a look.

the fact is that they would have no choice to dumb down the violence a fair bit though, whats interesting about mpd is that though it isnt as bloodthirsty as berserk it is still a fucken lot more disturbing.

do you have any idea on where the story starts or ends? im curious to know if they are planning to wrap it up in the 6 episodes seeing the manga alone has not been finished yet anyways, and on that note since i believe it was you who was talking about mpd before i had heard of it, you might know when the 10th volume coming out.

NightCrawler

Sparnage said:
do you have any idea on where the story starts or ends? im curious to know if they are planning to wrap it up in the 6 episodes seeing the manga alone has not been finished yet anyways, and on that note since i believe it was you who was talking about mpd before i had heard of it, you might know when the 10th volume coming out.

The story goes pretty much as the manga, a little wierder and original in some parts, and i dont know how they'r going to end it, but with 6 episodes (1 hour each) i guess they can do alot of the manga, or focus with depth in some part.
As for volume 10, i guess it will be out by the next year, Mpd Psycho volumes come out really slow. And as someone told me, the manga is ending soon.

ichi is an anime

Huh? What kind of post was that?
If you'r trying to be stupid, then you've accomplished that.
First of all, Ichi the Killer is a manga, then it was made into a freakin awesome movie (by Takashi Miike), after that, a 1 episode anime prequel was made.
And more recently, that anime prequel was made into a live action movie also (by some of the crew who did the Takashi Miike movie).

NightCrawler said:
The story goes pretty much as the manga, a little wierder and original in some parts, and i dont know how they'r going to end it, but with 6 episodes (1 hour each) i guess they can do alot of the manga, or focus with depth in some part.
As for volume 10, i guess it will be out by the next year, Mpd Psycho volumes come out really slow. And as someone told me, the manga is ending soon.

i actually thought it would end after volume 9 when i got up up to it, so its no surprise to know it may end soon.
did you download it from the place "http://www.acfmovies.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=14528" or is it just an information site? i couldnt find anything in there, but they said it wasnt subbed yet anyways so i presume not. do you have any of these episodes yourself?

NightCrawler

That site has the emule/edonkey links!
But i prefer bittorrent and downloaded from the hawks site.
I have the first 2 episodes (the only ones available so far).

NightCrawler

As a fan of the manga i can say that i'm impressed with it, it's damn great! (still wainting for the subs though, hope the Hawks will do them)
Even if you'r not a fan, and you like twisted misteries and original characters you will enjoy it.

B

BloodyDead

I liked alot of his stuff like:

DoA
Ichi

I will definetly check this out..Thanks..

NightCrawler said:
As a fan of the manga i can say that i'm impressed with it, it's damn great! (still wainting for the subs though, hope the Hawks will do them)
Even if you'r not a fan, and you like twisted misteries and original characters you will enjoy it.

are you saying your watching it without subtitles?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
BloodyDead said:
yeah apparently i downloaded it for nothing....

Ever heard of 'external subs'? Keep the files, and wait a while for the subs. But I think I'll be waiting for a better rip instead.

NightCrawler

With that fundamented critic, i guess we all gonna trust you on that...

Ichi is awesome, and even better than the manga.

NightCrawler

Ichi the Killer - one of the projects by our beloved TheHawks - a very sick manga!
The world - an yakuza district
The characters - a sado-maso yakuza (a stylish badass), an assassin (Ichi) with a mind of a child that cries when killing, and gets a hardon with violence (with a dark past), and an old ex-yakuza who's pulling the strings on everyone, and many others.
The premisse - Yakuza boss dissapears leaving no trail, along with alot of money, the mistery begins...

The movie, is actually a better version of the manga, an over-stylised flick with lots of violence and a really fucked up ending that made Tarantino jeaulous for sure... (well he admited he got inspiration from Miike)

NightCrawler

Mizar said:
Ever heard of 'external subs'? Keep the files, and wait a while for the subs. But I think I'll be waiting for a better rip instead.

The only problem with the rip IMO is the first episode is a little too big for a 700mb cd, but he corrected that with the second episode.
He's actually doing a better rip for the first ep. and he's in talks with The Hawks to make the subs :)

yeah, we get the berserk manga from the hawks, but aside omanga for downloading one can only use bittorrent. i dont know about you but i hate getting download rates of a 1kb a minute, and avoid it as much as possible.

even so i look in the download section of the hawks.org but i cannot find anything on ichi, though i found mpd psycho series, am i right to presume it is the subtitled version as it is on the hawks site?

NightCrawler

I love bittorrent, and you can get the Ichi manga from the Hawks site. (not the movie)
If you don't like bitorrent, then use mIRC or emule...

Top Bottom