Episode 234

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Episode 234~~~WarcraftIII..:)

Smith said:
OMG... I didnt notice that, indeed your sight are impressive 8)
Thank you. Lately I've been looking at some of the apostles recently seen, such as those behind Locus and Grunbeld, to see if they appeared in the eclipse. So far I've found some. Miura is definately very consistant.

O

Ozmo

Would you be willing to point out a few? I find my self quite reluctant to go through a hundred or so pages filled with stuff that make Cthulhu and Urotsokidoji look like Hello Kitty. :p

Great work on spotting the baron btw.

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.

Very well spotted indeed.

You can also see him, the Snake Baron, at the end of the first chapter of volume ten making his way through the forest, along with the behelit making its way down the river to, as it says, mark the beginning of the festival. I'd assumed he was there at the Eclipse, but thanks for pointing him out namayias!

Ozmo, I'll agree that while every Apostle at the Eclipse was unique in the sense that you could differentiate one from another, wouldn't you agree that they were all, or at least most were quite simular in style? Rather vulgar and fleshy in appearance in the same vein as the Snail Count. And while Apostles like the Snake Baron, and Roshinu were a little different, they still had the same basic abilities and characteristics we, well at least I expected of an Apostle back then; deformed appearance with any combination of a set or multiple sets of large teeth, sharp claws, with extra eyes, extra strange appendages and a sadistic bloodlust driving them.

Like the ones that know make up the lesser ranks of Griffith's army.

Compare this now to Grunbeld; covered by stone like scales and spines as he breathes fire. And Lucas, who has moulded his rather sleek metallic Apostle form by somehow merging with his armour and horse. And God only knows... er, Miura only knows exactly what the Hell is going on with Ganishka for the time being, but it certainly wasn't anything like I'd imagined or expected his Apostle form to be. And there’s a kind of demonic chivalry, and purpose present in and between these characters, unlike Wyald's more common "just do what you want" approach. It’s a nice change.

I know that Griffith must have chosen them to be his generals of sorts for a reason, and for Ganishka to oppose Griffith and his army he must have some pretty impressive cards up his sleeve, but I would like to know just why, and what makes them different to the Apostles we've seen in the past… preferably some justification or explanation other than calling it a plot device, ha.

Sorry about all this, I didn't mean to kick up a fuss. :-\

Well, Here is one that i can remember. the apostle who's head is chopped off in 228 page 4 looks to be the same one shown in Volume 13 page 48 top left and the one on page 113 cant remember which panel. I know there is another but i can't remember as of right now. I'll see what i can do.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

ZKK said:
Sorry about all this, I didn't mean to kick up a fuss. :-\

No problem, this is something I've given thought to in the past as well. I think the simpliest answer is the correct one; the Apostle form is representative of the Apostle. That's part of God Hand's selling point on the whole evil spirit thing, it grants your innermost wish and desire. Exceptional people like Grunbeld and Locus become exceptional Apostles, bourne out of their own grand desires for themselves. Same reason Roshinu got a form that allowed her to be a fairy queen. Then there's Griffith, a most exceptional individual who was destined to become greater than any Apostle. On the other hand, if you're a fucking lazy pile of shit with no goals or desires beyond eating and fucking, you turn into a pile of shit Apostle that's only good for those things. ;)

I think Wild is somewhere in the middle. ^_^

Of course, then there's the causality catch; were these people exceptional and that's why they become exceptional Apostles, or we're they destined to be exceptional Apostles and that's why they were exceptional people? Griffith's case strongly supports the latter, of course.

-Griffith

I know it is strange, but in volume 22, Grunbeld, Locus and Zodd have reminded me the three wizards that were going to visit Jesus (actually they resemble more three bodyguards but whatever).

Grunbeld and Locus were famous as warriors, so as Griffith said they preserved something of their persona in their apostle nature.

Could it be that the weak point of an apostle so far we've seen seems to be their head*, which could easily mean their mind, or where the ego and personality, we say, are?

*(other than totall destruction of their body)

Vries said:
Hmm I supose that the main difference between normal and leading apostles is that they are more inteligent and have some specific honour almost like true knights. And of courese they are stronger then those commoners.

kinda like the difference between normal and superior posters of skullknight.net
(besides the honor part which would be exchanged with the power to make scathing comments)

Schwabe

*cough*

Karma -X

Anyways, it realely gives incredible light to show that miuria isnt simply scrolling his story, if he penned in those apostles way back in the eclipse he must know where he is going.

Kart

Resident /b/tard

yeah, thats a good point, you can tell miura has put alot of thought into this story because you have seen apostles from the beginning, and you've even seen some of them before, I believe the snail and snake were both at the eclipse.

It's pretty incredibly how well thought out this story has been, especially the lack of plot wholes, almost everything is accounted for which i really like.

I believe, and that's only my opinion, he has the qualities of a jazz music master, regarding the story making of BERSERK.

Marvel created it's universe, I believe also not in one shot, but it was much more simple as it was about small super-hero stories.

But BERSERK has a different style: the choice of the need of revealing of facts and events to know about the story presented, make BERSERK the best suspence-wise comic work I've ever seen.
You need to buy the next volume when you finish one and Miura knows to make and have the points that will attract and invole you the most, regarding this effect.

How this is possible, I think?
Because he is only one man behind the construction of BERSERK(plot wise) and this way can get the most out of his imagination as far as HIS idea(s) goes. If they were more people involved I don't believe it could be achieved such a potential coherency among idea(s) and imagination. So this is the bonus in the creation of the BERSERK work.
Well, another point is the time he gets to finish it, giving you the right dose at the right intervals of time(YA chapters hardly every two weeks). Again this happens as one man's constant work, I think, concluding to something different than Marvel's business politic priority which was the one of the mass consumation.

Well, I am not a Marvel expert but I believe things got that way, or at least seem now, to our generation who may have all the volumes available at hand. Maybe Marvel was something like Miura but through the above examples, I tried through confrontations to show the special qualities of BERSERK about it's story and plot coherency.
That's my opinion and feel free to debate.

O

Ozmo

Hey, xechnao made a point that's not too bad here. :) A bit off topic, but this thread has long outlived it's usefullness in discussing the current chapter anyway.

I agree that Berserk is a true masterpiece in storytelling. It's a whole different thing from stories like the Marvel world, Forgotten Realms by WotC, or the Warhammer world by Games Workshop. These are "commercial fiction" worlds where the purpose is to have a setting for a never-ending story that goes on and on and on, providing money for the people maintaining it 'til the stars grind to a halt. They also have a problem with consistency, since they tend to have dozens (or hundreds in some cases) people writing for them, each having a slightly different view on how the world should be.

Hmmm... Could this be one of the reasons Japanese anime and manga is rising in popularity in the west? While there are plenty of Japanese stuff where the story goes nowhere (the works of Rumiko Takahashi for example), I'm having a hard time thinking of western comics and tv series with a single main plot. Babylon 5 and Lord of the Rings (not of the two types I mentioned, but close enough) for example? Please prove me wrong, I just realised I'm not well read enough to give a decree on this.

After re-reading my post, I think I should note that I don't consider one of these two styles superior to the other, allthough I strongly prefer one and presented a negative stereotype of the other.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can anybody help me? I can't enter the kuroikenshi site. Somebody please direct me a mirror site or something. :'(

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Well it happen some time. The problem is that one in a while we just make Saya's bandwidth go boom. Ask walter or griffith, they said they were going to put mirror sometime...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

secilj said:
Can anybody help me? I can't enter the kuroikenshi site. Somebody please direct me a mirror site or something. :'(
could do...

http://skullknight.net/majin/c234/**.jpg

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji and MajinTenshi. :)

Now I can see Ganishka the Great's strong power which resembles Indra, one of the greatest Hindu Gods.
BTW, hey Zoddy, just exactly since when have you become Griffith's personal transportation? ;)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

Ozmo said:
Would you be willing to point out a few? I find my self quite reluctant to go through a hundred or so pages filled with stuff that make Cthulhu and Urotsokidoji look like Hello Kitty. :p

Great work on spotting the baron btw.

Cthulhu...I thought I was the only one who saw a lot of Lovecraftian influence there in the eclipse scene in the anime/manga :D All those tentacles, teeth, and grotesque features.

P

PsychoJavexx

LordofMasks said:
By the Way how do I use BT? ???

lordofmasks

Well, you see, you put it in your ass, and twist it until it won't go anymore. Then you light it on fire, and KABOOM! You've just used BT.

Glad I could help. ;D

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!

I mean for the translation of the Chap...It doesnt work...do I need somerthing else... ??? Sorry I mean Torrent.... :p

lordofmasks

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

LordofMasks said:
Sorry I mean Torrent.... :p
Thats his way of saying "figure it out yourself" ::)
Now I could tell you how it works, or I could let you figure it out yourself. Now, since it took me about 18 seconds to get it, I'll let you figure it out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom