Any musicians out there?

Franz

It's a dolphin.
I play guitar, piano, and bass...most skilled with guitar even though I started playing piano since 4 or 5 and took 7 years of lessons (grade 3-9). Took up guitar 4 years ago and have been playing madly since.

I excel in blues guitar and classic rock, love long jams and good blues solos that are improv (that's how I play since I don't read music).

BOB

poruno sutâ
i sing and play guitar or bass in three bands. can't jerk off on my skills like franz ;) but we try to rock

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
ShinHell9 said:
Just wondering if anyone here is a musician in these dark times.

Absolutely. Piano. I cam play some serious piano. You want to get together and have a jam session? JAZZ...

Franz

It's a dolphin.
ShinHell9 said:
it's good for ska

Only ska is dead (and sucks :D ). A horns section can always help a blues band (think of Chicago blues...for example the Blues Brothers had a great horns section).

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
I'm pretty craptastic with guitar because I decided to get out from behind the drums a couple-a years back.. nothing special, but I'm pretty proficient at 2nd/back-up guitar. I leave lead guitar to my other friends.

BOB

poruno sutâ
who needs a lead guitar anyways? Solo marathon steve Vai style? All the technically more advanced musicians i know are those who don't get gigs even after years of rehearsing. Instead of putting out a record themselves they whine about not getting a record deal at all(duh!)
damn those soulless creatures of bass guitar slapping basement fame and praise sonic youth avantgarde ethics

Anyone teach me tapping solos ;) ?

D

dragonminipulator

i been playing the drums for many years. and me and my friend are trying to get a band started but we need like 3 more people.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Good luck. You'd think in LA you'd find SOMEbody who would dedicated themselves in a band, but I cant find anybody whatsoever w/the similar music tastes.

I should move to the South.

D

dragonminipulator

we are trying to find people who want to play death metal/black metal.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Yeah, see, i want a blues-rock band. Nobody knows shit about blues at all here, which is sad really, because some of the best musicians were blues artists. Where do you think rock and such came from anyway? Ah well.

Also, i'd like your guys' opinions. Which would you buy?
p15024b.jpg

or
p17226b.jpg

BOB

poruno sutâ
Gibson originals or Fender Jazzmaster or Jaguar. Epiphone sucks donkey dick.
As you're so much into blues i would recommend fender anyway as the gibson sound is to blurry with to much sustain.

Kaiba have you heard of black dahlia murder? great dm/bm band from the us

Franz

It's a dolphin.
BOB said:
Gibson originals or Fender Jazzmaster or Jaguar. Epiphone sucks donkey dick.
As you're so much into blues i would recommend fender anyway as the gibson sound is to blurry with to much sustain.

Actually this model Epiphone has had better reviews than the Gibon counterpart. In addition, Clapton played blues quite well with his Firebird, and Warren Haynes (Gov't Mule, Allman Brothers Band) brings a good sound out of it as well.

I've been wanting a custom Fender strat, however because I can't find where the fuck their custom shop is located (I read once that its in Corona -I'm in CA- but their website nor Custom Shop lookbook have an address. Good job Fender for a successful job of preventing me from giving you my money), I can't get my custom strat. That will be the ultimate guitar. In the meantime, I've always wanted the Firebird, and if it REALLY sucks then I can just get new picksups and still have a more inexpensive guitar.

Otherwise, i know what you mean concerning Epiphone.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Digeridoo.

Does that count?

I also play the nunchaks. REALLY!
I made these hollow nunchaku, pierced a few holes at the kontei and when I wield them it sounds like some weird psychotic melody.

Best thing is, when I perform katas I recognized a melodic pattern!
WEIRD HUH?

Top Bottom