Who sacrificed Gaiseric's capital and why?

S

sin__lust

i like these questions:
ok,here is my answers

Who do you feel sacrificed/destroyed Gaiseric's capital and why?
--------------------------------------------
Void,he is the one who releases the brand,so he must be the first Godhand.

What became of his kingdom?
i think it's already told by Charlotte in volume 10(i guess),i believe the legend is ture on this part.

If the capital wasn't sacrified by the elemental angels/kings, then whom?
no idea about this one

How do you think Slann, SK and Void 'know each other?' Through possible connections as humans at one time ( at least ONE Godhand member could have known SK/Gaiseric) or through the ages?
i think the relationship is only between SK and Void.Slann just knows the truth of the legend.
rember the scene in volume 26 where Slann and SK met?
(SK:are you the only one who've been summoned?
Slann:i wasn't summoned,i just came for the boy
SK:then we have nothing to talk about)

we kind of can see that SK is actually looking for someone else,and judging from the ages:each Godhand comes out every 216 years,there are 4 godhands before griffith 216 times 4 is 864,this kind of matches the age of king Gaiseric in the legend.that means the story happens in the first black sun.my guess is that Void was SK's adviser or his father

Who do you think is the oldest Godhand member, logically speaking?

as i said,Void.

sin__lust said:
shit,how could i make mistake like this,thanks for correcting me

You are not that wring, Xechnao only wrote this because he want to prove one of his theories....

216*4 = 864 but from an information of Olivier, Miura once said that there might be 6 GH so... 216*5 = 1080 .. but it's only my theory also (at least i'm telling it that its my theory ;) )

Shurikn said:
You are not that wring, Xechnao only wrote this because he want to prove one of his theories....

216*4 = 864 but from an information of Olivier, Miura once said that there might be 6 GH so... 216*5 = 1080 .. but it's only my theory also (at least i'm telling it that its my theory ;) )
Actually exactly the opposite.
Olivier's thing was the 216*4=864 and I tryied to provide an alternative, only that I didn't bother to link him to this thread.

Oh, and do you think Miura could leave a bug to the story like this big? He will cover up everything and if he doesn't have an intention to make it to six GH(as it seems till now) he will come with a different one. This is why I tried to come with my theory.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I WILL NOW ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE. I WILL NOW ATTEMPT TO GET THIS POST BACK ON TOPIC.

xechnao said:
Since they are immortal and Void is their leader and they manifastated the one after the other, Void must be the oldest logically speaking, as we don't have a measure of any element of hierarchy other than the above course of events that has to do with time.
So logically speaking the oldest is Void.

You should't say that they are immortal, because they were wrong at the first eclipes, proving they are not all powerful gods as they seem to be. They are just... very strong. Oh yea and please never say logically speaking because that saying never has/never will apply to you.

xechnao said:
Oh, and do you think Miura could leave a bug to the story like this big? He will cover up everything and if he doesn't have an intention to make it to six GH(as it seems till now) he will come with a different one. This is why I tried to come with my theory.

I know you tried to make a link between the years and the GH number with your theory, but personaly it think it doesn't make sense (the think about skipping 216 years before the first GH and the Gaiseric empire being sacrificied), i'm sorry maybe i'm not enough mind opened but it just doesn't make sense to me.

xechnao said:
Gaiserick was seen as one leading armies, commanding and controlling. Skullknight it is not. Do you think he could be the same and change so much?
A thousand years.
Griffith, became Phemto and Griffith again and he didn't change that much his ways.
Two years.
Even if Skullknight was Gaiserick he wouldn't be the same person.
Well, that was very interesting.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Agreeing with Olivier, there's just no solidity for creating sound speculation due to the limited amount of info given.

However since many have taken it unto themselves to speculate 'till the cows come home, I'll add some my own garbage.

Howbout if Gaiseric was like Guts before he conquered instead of after? He united lands and became king after he destroyed the past godhands(if there was) as a human.

The wiseman could have been like Griffith at one point, with many followers and when he and his followers were imprisoned, he sacrificed them(bottom of the tower), becomes Void. He then reincarnates as a human, gets new army.

He then takes over Gaiseric's Kingdom. Gaiseric was overwhelmed and caught off guard and is somewhat different from his 'guts-like' days, so he has to up the anti. He meets Flora and others to make his own special 'Guts team,' Berserk armor and all.

With the power of the elements(from Flora) they destroy the wise man's kingdom, through the Berserk armor and perhaps Flora, Gaiseric is turned into skull knight(if he died in the armor or whatever).

Before it's too late, Void reverts back into his Godhand form, and SK is forever set on defying the godhand.

End of bogus speculation.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Oh wait....

Maybe the wiseman as a Godhand was actually killled by Gaiseric/SK when the wiseman reincarnated, making Void a totally different GH since Void does weave the 'brand.'

If the wiseman was Void, he'd seem to then sacrifice his followers(the sacrificed at bottom of tower) to a brand he has yet to weaves-???

Yep, reaching again.

Edit: BTW, shouldn't this be in speculation nation?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Hi_There said:
Oh wait....

Maybe the wiseman as a Godhand was actually killled by Gaiseric/SK when the wiseman reincarnated, making Void a totally different GH since Void does weave the 'brand.'

If the wiseman was Void, he'd seem to then sacrifice his followers(the sacrificed at bottom of tower) to a brand he has yet to weaves-???

Yep, reaching again.

Edit: BTW, shouldn't this be in speculation nation?

It should be in speculation nation but seems to be doing just fine here in this section :)

Well, Xechnao had a very interesting point concerning those sacrificed at the bottom of the well. None of them were mutilated, which means that there's a distinct possibility at the time that no monsters/apostles appeared to tear them up. Instead, those who bore the brand of sacrifice appeared to ( as someone else mentioned here) have the very life/spirit sucked out of them. So perhaps they were sacrificed in some sort of ritual that got the whole occultation process started, beginning with Void. I can't say for sure, that's just a possibility. I imagine this whole speculation about the first Godhand, where Gaiseric came from ( it was stated that no one knew where he came from) adn all that will be told much later on in the Berserk storyline.

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
( as someone else mentioned here) have the very life/spirit sucked out of them.

Oh no i am just saying this out of fun... i have no evidence to back this up ;D

Perhap there were killed by the four king through elemental damage such as Lightning? Since they are electrocuted of coz their body remain intact... but then wont the body decompose? They look as if they were preserved like mummy... ::)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Smith said:
Oh no i am just saying this out of fun... i have no evidence to back this up ;D

Perhap there were killed by the four king through elemental damage such as Lightning? Since they are electrocuted of coz their body remain intact... but then wont the body decompose? They look as if they were preserved like mummy... ::)

Or maybe they've just been dead a long, long time :D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
It should be in speculation nation but seems to be doing just fine here in this section :)

Well, Xechnao had a very interesting point concerning those sacrificed at the bottom of the well. None of them were mutilated, which means that there's a distinct possibility at the time that no monsters/apostles appeared to tear them up. Instead, those who bore the brand of sacrifice appeared to ( as someone else mentioned here) have the very life/spirit sucked out of them. So perhaps they were sacrificed in some sort of ritual that got the whole occultation process started, beginning with Void. I can't say for sure, that's just a possibility. I imagine this whole speculation about the first Godhand, where Gaiseric came from ( it was stated that no one knew where he came from) adn all that will be told much later on in the Berserk storyline.
Or maybe the brand was tattoed on them, maybe by themselves - sort of baptism, for marking them like minions of the God Hand and not sacrifices: What about a empire of God hand followers , created by a Griffith -like individual (Gaiserick) that was destroyed by some yet unknown entities ( the four angels ) for its depravation ?

BTW Miura has never said that at every occultation was created a new God-Hand. That is just a guess based on what we saw at the last occultation, but so far like we know the cerimonies could be just bloody festivals keep in honor of the God-hand and Idea and just some of them has seen the birth of a new God Hand, so the cerimonies could have been more than five and the God Hand ( no rotation in their rows ), or at least some of their members, could predate to the Gaiserick empire.

nir085

Horse and Armor
OMG I was an idiot when I made this post back in the day. I desire forgiveness now, but looking back at this post I know that I am not worthy of any.

But while I was reading scanlations in Spectrum Nexus, I found the most interesting quote in Vol. 18, Ch. 18: "In this tower a wise man was once imprisoned by Gaiseric the Conqueror..." and you know the rest. I had this revelation before joining this board but I see now that Demented Swordsman has already thought it up. Anyways, I have some stuff to add to the theory. Gaiseric was a good man, harsh, but good. Kind of like Gutts in that sense (maybe that's why he can tolerate Gutts' rage). The man he imprisoned was the evil ex ruler of Midland. Or the one who really created Midland. I say this because people have to sacrifice things close to them for them to become apostles/godhand and Midland had to be close to this man. Gaiseric remains alive however because this man hated Gaiseric most likely and you cannot sacrifice someone you hate, as shown in the Count's behelit use chapter. This guy who used the behelit must have looked pretty fucked up, excuse the language, so that's why Void looks fucked up. And yes, Void before he became a human probably looked something like the way he looks as a member of Godhand. After all, Griffith with this mask looks like Femto, does he not? Anyways, Gaiseric later found a behelit and became an apostle, a powerful one at that. This may sound weird but it is the only explanation for his immortality. Here is where I think fate is overturned because Skull Knight, the apostle form of Gaiseric, becomes different from the other apostles. That is the only explanation. Skull Knight IS Gaiseric, the wise man IS void, and Skull Knight IS an apostle. That is also how Skull Knight knows Void.
Here is my theory on Slann: she was either a prostitute, like others have already speculated,or she was an uptight religious girl who gave into the pleasures of the flesh and the nudity is a sign of her apathy towards sexual dignity. Farneze would have probably turned out like her if Gutts didn't steal her behelit.
Btw, I am new to this board and relatively new to Berserk (finished the anime but only on vol.18) so go easy on me :)

nir085

Horse and Armor
oh yeah
you might ask, if Void (before he became GH)
summoned four guardian angels, how is it that there were only 4 godhand members instead of 5 by the time of the Great Eclipse?
Simple. There must have been a birth ritual where the former leader of Godhand became a human and tried to conquer the world like Griffith. But he died, as a human. (possibly because of Skull Knight) So Void assumed his place as the "leader" of Godhand after that, and this is Godhand's second chance to conquering the world and bringing it to darkness.
Also, I don't think it is mere coincidence that the Tower of Albion serves as an evil tribute to God. It is because of what happened with Void/wise man on that fateful day that tAlbion became so evil, even though it was supposedly devoted to God. And maybe Mozgus does not care about appearance because of the reason for Albion tower being the way it is. The reason known as Void.

Wandering Soul

I was born in the wilderness...
nir085 said:
Farneze would have probably turned out like her if Guts didn't steal her behelit.

Farneese and a Behelit? Did I miss something? From which volume and chapter? (wth I highly doubt her having one) I'mma check my chapters anyways....

nir085 said:
And what is your brilliant alternative explanation?

Well, for the part that Sk is an apostle.. you are totally wrong.. the only reason i see is that Gut's brand doesn't bleed when Sk is around him... please don't tell me that Sk's armor has something to keed his aura from making the branded people to bleed and suffer..

I think you should read other threads and the begining of this one, and please think (if you know what this mean) before posting.. we already had a similar discution about everything you said in your last 2 posts (Void, the 4 angels, ..) and i thought it was concluded..

Sorry for the 2 posts one after the other.. i made a clic error :p

nir085 said:
oh yeah
you might ask, if Void (before he became GH)
summoned four guardian angels, how is it that there were only 4 godhand members instead of 5 by the time of the Great Eclipse?
Simple. There must have been a birth ritual where the former leader of Godhand became a human and tried to conquer the world like Griffith. But he died, as a human. (possibly because of Skull Knight) So Void assumed his place as the "leader" of Godhand after that, and this is Godhand's second chance to conquering the world and bringing it to darkness.
Also, I don't think it is mere coincidence that the Tower of Albion serves as an evil tribute to God. It is because of what happened with Void/wise man on that fateful day that tAlbion became so evil, even though it was supposedly devoted to God. And maybe Mozgus does not care about appearance because of the reason for Albion tower being the way it is. The reason known as Void.

It's so simple that you are probably right... ::)

Top Bottom