what was the first anime you watched?

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
First one I saw that I knew was "anime" was Akira. First one I saw, just thinking it was a cool cartoon, was "Starblazers" (or possibly "Speed Racer" or "G-Force" - I was really young). Starblazers was the first one I really got into.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
First one I watched was Hokuto no Ken, quickly followed by Grendizer and Waga seishun no Arcadia - mugenkidô SSX (part of the Harlock series).

the first movie was also akira, at the time i only really watched western stuff so i didnt know what to make of it, i enjoyed more the second time i think because i understood japanese culture a little better by then.

i think the full metal panic series was the first to really set off my enthusiasm for anime from then on.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I hate to say it, but it was Dragonball Z, when it first appeared on Cartoon Network a couple of years ago. After that it was either Vandread, or Noir, I'm not sure.

When I was younger I've probably unknowingly watched a few more, but that was at a time that I didn't even know what anime was.

The first anime that I saw has to be either Transformers or Samurai Pizza Cats 8). The first anime that I knew was anime was Ghost in the Shell the movie.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Hm, I think the first anime that got me started was either Unico and/or Voltron. I know that Macross (Robotech) did it for sure, as well as Ronin Warriors. Those two titles I saw about the same time.

kurukupuppets.jpg

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Well, if we're being technical, it was probably those terrible "Swiss Family Robinson" specials and shows like that. Otherwise, Sailor Moon on USA Network was my first exposure.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Ummm hmmm well I first saw Transformers a long time ago, followed by sailor moon and dbz at like 5:30 AM on fox 5 years ago.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
Since Voltron doesn't count. The first anime that I saw that I knew was anime, well "japanimation" was Vampire Hunter D around 1988. After that I spent countless amounts of money on tapes at around $40 a piece. Damn I wish that I had the internet back then. ::)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
even though i'd like to say macross was the first (still love it), I remeber now that the first anime i saw was sailor moon, back when it was on real early on basic tv.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Neo Genesis said:
I believe the first "anime" I saw was either Voltron or Transformers (can't be certain, I was really young), but the first I saw that I knew was anime was Akira.

The original transformers (at least the first season) was an american production. Only the original character art sheets were done by takara.

For me, I'd have to say it was probably gigantor, or Voltron.

Schwabe

*cough*
Berserk, downloaded an episode by accident. (I forget the number, yet the one where they are out hunting with the king, and griffith is nearly assasinated)

Strangly it is one of the least exciting episdoes, yet the way it was done, I think the anime style, how the characters were drawn and the overall artistic style brought me to watch another (from number 1)
...best anime Ive seen yet. Hey...if you download all 25 epsidoes over a 56k it says something.

After that I would say I was broken into anime somewhat, watched cowboy bebop, noir, and a few others. None of that caught that very essence which I need not describe though.

Pssst....vampire hunter D sounds like batman.

Top Bottom