The Passion of Christ

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Sparnage said:
I found it interesting to hear that the main actor Jim Caviezel was struck by lightning twice during the filming of the movie.

Well, what would you expect when you're standing on top of a hill holding an umbrella...

Griffith said:
I find the whole being the son of God thing rather historically inaccurate. And look at that last supper scene. If you'll notice they only have water, then in the next shot there's wine in Jesus' cup! Ridiculous! I'll find more mistakes in my World History book later. Does anyone know Gibson's source material for this silly flick!? ::)

-Griffith

Yeah, right, you think Mel Gibson cares. Mel Gibson adds emotion in the movie for the religious. On the contrary mistakes are done on purpose I would say, to deliver blows to christians and jews, necessary for attracting in some ways their attention.
Jews complain and with this they create a hype that attracts a really big audience: the audience of jews and those that are bothered by religious relations of today (which will go to the movie because of the hype) that today could mean almost all of us that can go to the movies.

Sparnage said:
I found it interesting to hear that the main actor Jim Caviezel was struck by lightning twice during the filming of the movie.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3209223.stm

Marketing hype.

Mizar said:
Well, what would you expect when you're standing on top of a hill holding an umbrella...
I certainly wouldnt expect that.

xechnao said:
Yeah, right, you think Mel Gibson cares.
He is a christian himself, maybe he does.

Marketing hype.
Perhaps, but if that were true then they would have to consider that it make the movie seem sacrilegious, i certainly wouldnt advertise that around in their position.

Sparnage said:
Why not? Have you ever seen those iron spikes on top of some houses on the hills?

Sparnage said:
He is a christian himself, maybe he does.
He is a businessman. If he was a true christian he would be too humble to make a film of his god.

Sparnage said:
Perhaps, but if that were true then they would have to consider that it make the movie seem sacrilegious, i certainly wouldnt advertise that around in their position.
Marketing is about getting their attention to attract them to the theatres. Marketing is about temptation. Didn't Adam bite that apple?

Sparnage said:
Which side are you arguing for again???

I don't take sides. I just observe and try to describe the facts as objectivelly it can be.

P.S. I am not christian, nor could I ever be fanatic of a language's creation. And what other than this are religions people share?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Sparnage said:

Why not? Have you ever heard of Saint Elmo's fire? It looks like lightning but it usually doesn't hurt the person. I think that's what actually happened here, and it's not such a rare phenomenon, especially when you're standing on the top of a hill with an umbrella in the middle of a thunderstorm. ::)

Mizar said:
Why not? Have you ever heard of Saint Elmo's fire? It looks like lightning but it usually doesn't hurt the person. I think that's what actually happened here, and it's not such a rare phenomenon, especially when you're standing on the top of a hill with an umbrella in the middle of a thunderstorm. ::)

For Saint Elmo phenomenon I believe is not that important on being on top of a hill. Important thing that you have an elevated object that can act as discharger in middle of a storm.
Being on top of a hill is more an issue about lightnings. Correct me if I am wrong.

Mizar said:

Nope, cant say i have heard of it actually, but when im out during a thunderstorm in any case being struck by lightning isnt something i worry about too much.

He is a businessman. If he was a true christian he would be too humble to make a film of his god.

Earlier you said weren't a very religious person and I can respect that. But where do you get off making assumptions for "true christians" on how they should express their faith?

xechnao said:
For Saint Elmo phenomenon I believe is not that important on being on top of a hill. Important thing that you have an elevated object that can act as discharger in middle of a storm.
Being on top of a hill is more an issue about lightnings. Correct me if I am wrong.

Then it is very possible that he was struck by lightning i suppose.

elhinnaw said:
dont catholics just make your blood boil?

Yup, several centurys of arresting and murdering countless amount of people for petty reasons of not agreeing with them or whatever, now can only draw people to the church by saying "all you need to do is accept jesus as your saviour and you will go to heaven" to lazy pantheists and still claim to be worthy of being a religion (not that im religious).

windeline said:
Earlier you said weren't a very religious person and I can respect that. But where do you get off making assumptions for "true christians" on how they should express their faith?

Xechnao's ability to make assumptions from an obscure perspective is not unheard of.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
windeline said:

Sometimes one's own opinion can be their religion.

-Griffith

windeline said:

I know at least something bit of christian philosofy.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
xechnao said:
I know at least something bit of christian philosofy.

Please, do tell. I am really curious as to what your knowledge of Christian Philosophy is.

Like I said before, I only have a limited knowledge of Christian philosophy as well. I do know, however, that many people practice their religion in different ways. Just because a person does not follow the Bible to the word, they could still possibly be "true Christians." If your definition of a "true Christian" is a person who follows the Bible completely without ever doing something it says not to do, then I have some shocking news for you... I don't think there is a single person in this world who is a "true Christian." All Im really trying to say is that people practice their religions in the ways that they feel is best, and, unless it is against the law in some way, it is not up to you nor I to decide whether their methods are right are wrong.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
10-4 said:
if you are an atheist with an open mind,
seeing this movie will make you doubt some of your
doubts and hopefully point you in the right direction,

but if you are an atheist with a closed mind,
you will make fun of the movie and not try to understand
what it was about, the truth,
like pilots wife said when he asked her if he could see
the truth, she said you cannot hear the truth if you
wont listen,
nice how you make fun of atheists with closed minds when you obviously are a religious man closed to any possibilities. People like you cause alot to convert to atheist, such arrogance as that just shows us that all christians are thayt close minded and arrogant. do yourself a favor, stay away from urbanized areas.

but anyway, no i am not at all religious, but I do plan to see this movie. It probably will not change my views since im agnostic for...well asswipes such as 10-4. However I have a small intrest in this movie, not as a religious thing but more of as a person watching, not "im agnostic so i hate this movie", or "i'm catholic (WHICH IM NOT!) this movie speaks the one and only truth". I'll get to this after i see it.
Starscream said:
It was my impression that The Bible implied that many Jews were responsible for his death...
but wait if he never died how would he have been our savior? he DIED for our sins if you believe the bible...if he never died then he wouldnt be a savior. cristians should be thannking the jews....ok...not really but ya know what i mean.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Sparnage said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3209223.stm

God giving the movie a bad review perhaps? ;D

kimchan said:
God giving the movie a bad review perhaps? ;D

Well seeing a majority of people that will be interested in watching it would be christians i couldnt see how it would make the movie look good in any way. If it was a publicity stunt it was the worst one i have heard of for a while, if it was real then you would think Mel would be hush hush about it.

Starscream said:
Please, do tell. I am really curious as to what your knowledge of Christian Philosophy is.

Be humble of yourself and love other humans as yourself. Feel yourself and actions to be a part of the body called humanity, a body which is in god, itself.

Starscream said:
I do know, however, that many people practice their religion in different ways. Just because a person does not follow the Bible to the word, they could still possibly be "true Christians." If your definition of a "true Christian" is a person who follows the Bible completely without ever doing something it says not to do, then I have some shocking news for you... I don't think there is a single person in this world who is a "true Christian." All Im really trying to say is that people practice their religions in the ways that they feel is best, and, unless it is against the law in some way, it is not up to you nor I to decide whether their methods are right are wrong.

Sometimes it happens to be true christians and somewhere it happens to be true christian acts.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Subtitles and languages

It was a good movie whatever the subject material was. Mel Gibson made it very realistic. There wasn't anything funny or even remotely upbeat about it...for obvious reasons. It was a very grim, gritty, dark story in many ways. I almost wanted to say, " Die already, damn it, die!" because of the cruelty of the punishment Christ was enduring.

What made the movie good also was the fact that there were no stupid 'fake accents' or bad accents ( English accents, etc) it was all done in Hebrew and Latin, which made it seem all the more authentic. With subtitles of course.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
HE TURNED IT INTO WINE!!!1111! :eek:

That's right. I had almost forgotten about that myself. The water turns to wine, which in turn is Christ's blood.

You have to admit it's a weird concept. Imagine trying to convert the first few people to Christianity. " Hey you have to eat the flesh and blood of this guy."

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
Re:Subtitles and languages

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
It was a good movie whatever the subject material was. Mel Gibson made it very realistic. There wasn't anything funny or even remotely upbeat about it...for obvious reasons. It was a very grim, gritty, dark story in many ways. I almost wanted to say, " Die already, damn it, die!" because of the cruelty of the punishment Christ was enduring.

What made the movie good also was the fact that there were no stupid 'fake accents' or bad accents ( English accents, etc) it was all done in Hebrew and Latin, which made it seem all the more authentic. With subtitles of course.

Lol, now I feel bad because it is so obvious that Lady Charlotte just wants to talk about the movie itself, and all we are doing is talking about religion =D Well, to be on-topic, I am going to try to see the movie tomorrow with Windeline and my family.

Re:Subtitles and languages

Starscream said:
I am going to try to see the movie tomorrow with Windeline and my family.

Gah!... You were going to tell me this when? ;)

Truthfully speaking I'm not sure if I want to see it or not. I've thought about just buying a ticket and not seeing it.

Manga/Animated violence and gore is something I can handle. Seeing it done in "live action" and on the big screen tends to make me feel... eh...

I'm sure there will be parts that I'll have to force myself to look away.

Pansy? Yes I am.

Top Bottom