Translation Poll

Since it seems that Yong is plagiarizing the translation work we do here without crediting us (which if he did, would be fine), I have a little question for you all...and I'd do it in a cool poll thing but that feature isn't installed on the bbs :)

How should I go about distributing translations?

A) On Walter's "Translations" section, just like before
B) A private mailing list (that goes through me)
C) Instant Messenger on this board

I guess it just peeves me that both Olivier and I aren't credited for the work we put into this stuff. And I think I did most of the work, and Olivier corrects the hell out of it :) Anyway, input from you guys would be appreciated.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Post it as before... I don't really see very much of a resemblance, and yours are better. If there are similar errors, well, then the same mistakes has probably been made. He already has other issues translated which we have not got here, so... I think there's nothing but a coincidence.

Besides, if we do mailing lists of pm's, then a whole lot of new people ain't gonna get to see them. I think that it is best the way they are handled now.

But that's just me... *grins*

I don't really see very much of a resemblance, and yours are better. If there are similar errors, well, then the same mistakes has probably been made. He already has other issues translated which we have not got here, so... I think there's nothing but a coincidence.

Are you talking about episode 187?
Because I _really_ don't think it can be a coincidence, judging from the original text. Really.
He may have translated "himself" the first volumes, but he obviously used Cronus' translation for this episode.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Ummm yeah? But I've only seen what Walther posted here in another thread. That didn't seem very similar, and a lot worse than Cronus. *shrugs* But that's what I've seen, I haven't been there looking...

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
How should I go about distributing translations?

A) On Walter's "Translations" section, just like before
B) A private mailing list (that goes through me)
C) Instant Messenger on this board

On Walter's "Translations" section, just like before. For all to see, to be grateful for and to cherish ;D

I guess it just peeves me that both Olivier and I aren't credited for the work we put into this stuff. And I think I did most of the work, and Olivier corrects the hell out of it :) Anyway, input from you guys would be appreciated.

Heck yeah! I would like to be among the many and thank you for the time and effort you set aside to translate these for us. People like you are true Berserk fans!!! Thank you. :)

yep. or synopsis! viva synopsis!

*hides his hidden sin... possession of portions of vols 20 and 21..*

a birdie sent em to me... honest! x_x;

CnC

Ad Oculos
I don't like the synopsis idea because we already have a fairly good idea of whats going on (plus Olivier gives one before the thing is here anyway)
If I'm gonna get some dialogue... might as well get the whole thing, right?

I agree with Olivier, I saw those translations before Yong went "proof-of-purchase" only, and it looked like all he did was photoshop Cronus' work into the scans.

Any method to keep the translations from plagiarizers is fine by me, either by private mailing list/instant messages, etc, or whatever you decide. (I lean towards to the instant messages, though).

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
i think it'd be easier to do a mailing list, wouldn't it? i mean that way you can just use your address book or whatever instead of individually messaging everyone... well, maybe you don't have to do that if you the admin. but regardless, if you use the mail system, it won't exclude people who don't frequent the bbs, so i prefer that system

Top Bottom