Author Topic: "I laughed, I cried," said the manic-depressive critic  (Read 3422 times)

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
"I laughed, I cried," said the manic-depressive critic
« on: July 26, 2004, 03:30:43 AM »
Hello,

I need more money to feed my unhealthy obsession/addiction to movies. My dream (well, one of them, anyway) is to walk over to B&N's foreign film section and say, "I'll take them all!" ;D

But alas, I cannot. :(

For I have not nearly enough money.  :'(

So, I was looking around my room, thinking of things to sell for crack money when I stubbed my toe on this cardboard box in my closest!  :o

"What's this?!" I cried (with tears rolling down my face,  :'(, it hurt so bad)! When I peaked inside, not knowing what to expect, I found that over the years I had amassed a collection of what the "orientals" in the "Far-East" like to call "mangas", totally weird, I know. :P

I thought, these are perfect to sell!  :D

What are they you ask? These sexy little beauties are the Japanese! volumes of Berserk, 22 in all, just dripping to wet your dock. ;)

So, who wants them? ???

I'll take the highest bid. And if no one wants them all, I'm sure we can negotiate some deal.

*sniff*sniff*I need my smack, who's willing to help out?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
Re: "I laughed, I cried," said the manic-depressive critic
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 03:35:06 AM »
How much for each manga?

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 03:46:43 AM »
Not sure exactly, but I'm thinking over a hundred bucks for all of them. I'm not going to sell them individually, if you want 'em, you're gonna hafta buy 'em in bulk (bulk=5 volumes at least).
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 09:05:22 AM »
condition?

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 08:00:50 PM »
They're in great condition. I'll look over them again, but to the best of my knowledge there's not a thing wrong with them. They haven't been used very much, so they're in the condition that Sasuga sent me.

Only a few pages in vol18 are stuck together. ;)

Just kidding.

Offline The_Fetus_Ninja

• Of the Interstice
  • Lets go, bub!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 11:24:49 PM »
Only a few pages in vol18 are stuck together. ;)

Just kidding.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who had that problem... with the ermm *cough* Damn crappy press release...*cough* yea. ;D

What is the condition of the spines of the books?
Women might be able to fake orgasms but I can fake an entire relationship.

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 02:14:24 AM »
What is the condition of the spines of the books?

They're in great condition. I'll look over them again, but to the best of my knowledge there's not a thing wrong with them. They haven't been used very much, so they're in the condition that Sasuga sent me.

Do I have any bids?

Offline Franz

• Of the Interstice
  • Big Pimpin' Since 1983!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 06:39:46 AM »
$138 is what jpqueen offers, this including AIR s/h.
in loving memory of the :giggity: emoticon

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 06:57:08 AM »
Nippon-Export sells the 22 new volumes for $121 (without shipping fee).

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 02:25:40 PM »
I was thinking $110 w/o shipping for all 22.

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 03:56:41 PM »
I was thinking $110 w/o shipping for all 22.

I'll buy them all for $12.

Offline Tzur

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 04:54:09 PM »
I'll give you $130.

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 01:52:59 AM »
I'll give you $130.
Going once.... ;D

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 09:57:30 PM »
Western Union Telegram

UPDATE:

I still have these(stop)

I still need money(stop)

This is a problem(stop)

Help(stop)