Berserk PS2 Game Trailer

BiQ_

" ... "
Re: Berserk PS2 Trailer

Olivier Hague said:
Could it be Samson??

Nah - just look that the first appearance of the unknown magician: it comes straight after a four-panel shot of Puck, Serpico, Schierke and Ishidoro. So it is absolutely certain that the magic nature / magic trinkets of those characters are going to cause them to melt into a single uber-wizard character that holds the Real Ultimate Power (TM) which is essential to bring down the God Hand.

;D

Heh, I am watching this over and over and listening I could say
Changing subject to the soundtrack has anybody around here listened to the "Rhapsody" group
I think it sounds like their music sometimes in the soundtrack
Do you have any info on Hirasawa's work on this?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I'm pre-ordering this first thing tomorrow. I gotta say I'm impressed.

xechnao said:

Other than, you know the info givin IN THE TRAILER stating that the opening and ending theme are done by him?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Wereallmad said:
I'm pre-ordering this first thing tomorrow. I gotta say I'm impressed.

Other than, you know the info givin IN THE TRAILER stating that the opening and ending theme are done by him?
Owned

Even if this game is just mindlessly chopping up bad guys it is going to absolutely rock. Zodd looks ridiculously frightening. Griffith looks hot. ALL of the Godhand look incredible. Caska, Corkus, Farneze, Serpico, everyone looks so right, it's great. If this game comes out here this thing is really going to take off.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask

This is going to be awesome! Hope there will be mini games like in the DC game...I want to play Puck's game part 2-the reckoning...

Wereallmad said:

Well, yes...I was asking about influences on his composing, hence I mentioned the other group "Rhapsody"
The trailer's music is his, isn't it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I don't see how it resemble Rhapsody actually, except for the general epic sounding it has... And listening to it right after Emerald Sword or Eternal Glory only makes it sound even more different to me.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent

Well xechnao, I thought it was pretty obvious that it is, but I figure you were just using sarcasm.

As for specifiic influences on this song that has just been made, I don't beleive any interviews with Hirasawa have been performed, but if you would like a Biography.  

And if you were asking about his other works, try the Discography

If this is not enough info for you, you can try e-mailing the people responsible for the site.
info@chaosunion.com

Hope this has been informative. :D

xechnao said:
Changing subject to the soundtrack has anybody around here listened to the "Rhapsody" group
I think it sounds like their music sometimes in the soundtrack
To me this really sonds as though you are saying "info on Hirasawa's work on this GAME", not what were his influences.  I'm sorry that we did not understand what you meant by these words instead we only thought of what the words meant.  

Headless Death said:
Well xechnao, I thought it was pretty obvious that it is, but I figure you were just using sarcasm.

As for specifiic influences on this song that has just been made, I don't beleive any interviews with Hirasawa have been performed, but if you would like a Biography.  

And if you were asking about his other works, try the Discography

If this is not enough info for you, you can try e-mailing the people responsible for the site.
info@chaosunion.com

Hope this has been informative. :D

To me this really sonds as though you are saying "info on Hirasawa's work on this GAME", not what were his influences.  I'm sorry that we did not understand what you meant by these words instead we only thought of what the words meant.  

Heh,
I was asking info on Hirasawa's work on this game, as you said.
This meant influences on his work on THIS GAME

I answered above to Wereallmad in a way that it might confused you but I hope its ok now

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent

I could read your post to wereallmad, but that was not the point of my saying that last part of my post, for I was speaking to have you try and understand clarity. For example:
Bad Clarification
Boy 1:"What is that?"(points toward a dog."
Boy 2:"It's a dog, and that there is a tree, any more brilliant questions?

Good Clarification
Boy 1:"What kind of dog is that?
Boy 2:"I think it's a rottweiler."

Understand, clarification can help you convey what you mean.  Just by adding sometimes only one or two words you can have a large impact on what message you get across.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!

As a starving College student, I have to say... I will buy a PS2, Import this game and pay for modding said PS2 to get this game, one way or another I will get this.

Anyway someone please make my day and give me a release date (for an English version hopefully, but Japanese I'll get anyway)

Side Note: Anyone know what language the song was in, 'cause I have to say it sounded alot like Gaelic to me (basically a forgotten language now adays)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

The release date is october 7th for the Japanese version, there's no US/English release planned.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I've been watching this trailer over and over, and i've noticed some things I missed before. Not sure if they were already brought up.

The intro and ending titles are not Japanese at all, but Korean, I believe. I noticed this the first time, but I figured I should bring it up. I didn't even know Korea got offical reales, let alone trailers specifically for that market.

0:39 What the hell is that? A regular zombie soldier or something new?

1:10 A stylistic change. SkullKnight appears to be a different color than he was in the previous game.

1:35 Guts is fighting against the Hawks. Judeau is throwing knives at him, Pippin is standing to hte side and Guts gives Caska a full of swing to the gut. I'm guessing these are either literal or personal phantoms. That probably explains her glowing in Guts' arms at 2:29.

Another stylistic change I'm sure no one missed is Guts look as he 'goes Berserk' - he now resembles the comic much more closely, though I kind of liked the old way.

Also, everyone noticed the lad in the cloak so there is no point bringing him up.

I find the stylistic changes, no matter how small and insignifigant, somewhat interesting. I know the game has a completly different publisher, but I thought the same team was working on it.

Kyosuke said:
As a starving College student, I have to say... I will buy a PS2, Import this game and pay for modding said PS2 to get this game, one way or another I will get this.

Anyway someone please make my day and give me a release date (for an English version hopefully, but Japanese I'll get anyway)

Side Note: Anyone know what language the song was in, 'cause I have to say it sounded alot like Gaelic to me (basically a forgotten language now adays)

Uh, that sounds unmisakably Japanese to me.

I'm not exactly sure what Gaelic sounds like, but I don't hear anything remotely celtc/european sounding at all. Then again, Hirasawa has been known to use other languages in his songs, and it wouldn't be the first time I've misheard sonic lyrics, so who knows.

xechnao said:
Well, yes...I was asking about influences on his composing, hence I mentioned the other group "Rhapsody"
The trailer's music is his, isn't it?

I suppose that makes sense. I've never heard this other group, so I can't comment on any similarities there may be, but a name like 'Rhapsody' doesn't sound like something I'd expect from a techno band.

Either way, based on previous experience, it's safe to wager that your observation was a stupid one. I'll try and find something of theirs before I finalize that judgement though.

Wereallmad said:
Either way, based on previous experience, it's safe to wager that your observation was a stupid one.

I don't like your comment over here, but hey, I won't throw back to you that flame ball, buddy.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

back on topic... is it just me or is anyone curious if we actually get to use Guts new armor? Or for that matter... what kind of "abilities" will enhance or produce???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Wereallmad said:
The intro and ending titles are not Japanese at all, but Korean, I believe. I noticed this the first time, but I figured I should bring it up. I didn't even know Korea got offical reales, let alone trailers specifically for that market.

It's Korean yeah, I guess you didn't see this thread...

You might want to know that the Korean version will be out in late october (yeah, not even a month after the Japanese release), and that they'll have their own specific Limited Edition box, different from the Japanese one because Sammy insisted.

Volume 27 is probably already out in Korea btw.

Wereallmad said:
0:39 What the hell is that? A regular zombie soldier or something new?

I guess it's a zombie yeah, but it strongly reminds me of the mandragorans with its 2/3 small faces in the torso.

Wereallmad said:
1:10 A stylistic change. SkullKnight appears to be a different color than he was in the previous game.

Well, he's more silver/white and he was more blue/metallic in the DC game, but the change isn't that shocking imho, and I prefer him that way.

Wereallmad said:
1:35 Guts is fighting against the Hawks. Judeau is throwing knives at him, Pippin is standing to hte side and Guts gives Casca a full of swing to the gut. I'm guessing these are either literal or personal phantoms. That probably explains her glowing in Guts' arms at 2:29.

Yeah, a "nightmare level" is what most of people are thinking about.

Wereallmad said:
Another stylistic change I'm sure no one missed is Guts look as he 'goes Berserk' - he now resembles the comic much more closely, though I kind of liked the old way.

I don't know if you've played the demo or not, but the whole game is definitely much closer to the manga than the previous was in terms of gameplay/fighting style.

Wereallmad said:
Also, everyone noticed the lad in the cloak so there is no point bringing him up.

Yeah, and I think you probably noticed than in some scenes after the Slan encounter (Grunbeld, in the Qliphoth, etc), he's got no armor.

Wereallmad said:
I find the stylistic changes, no matter how small and insignifigant, somewhat interesting. I know the game has a completly different publisher, but I thought the same team was working on it.

It's the same developer: Yukes.

Wereallmad said:
I've never heard this other group, so I can't comment on any similarities there may be, but a name like 'Rhapsody' doesn't sound like something I'd expect from a techno band.

It's what you could call a "symphonic progressive metal" band.

Nomad said:
is it just me or is anyone curious if we actually get to use Guts new armor? Or for that matter... what kind of "abilities" will enhance or produce???

Well, from the cinematics and the subname of the game, my guess is that you may wear it for the final battle against Grunbeld in his apostle-form. What a grandiose ending it would be! :D

Aazealh said:
You might want to know that the Korean version will be out in late october (yeah, not even a month after the Japanese release), and that they'll have their own specific Limited Edition box, different from the Japanese one because Sammy insisted.

I came accross that, maybe it's the Korean Limited Edition Box?

berserk_all.jpg

(Source: http://shop.ybmsisa.com/product/product_Detail_Frm.asp?productCode=9978013980974)

But the "statue" seems to be the same as the japanese Branded Box?! :-\

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

asmer said:
Yes, that's what I did, but except the blood stains, I didn't see any big difference between the 2. :-\

You're aware that bloodstains are a good enough difference for Art of War to double the price of a statue, aren't you ?

Because anyway, the Branded Box "special figure" is basically just the average $10 Guts figure with blood on it...

Besides, as I said in my previous post, the limited edition shouldn't just be the game plus a figure, there are other items that probably won't be in the Korean release.

xechnao said:
So let me get this clear...
the trailer's theme music we have is Hirasawa's or not?

Yes it is, he's singing himself... What was unclear about it anyway ?

Top Bottom