The matchstick noose Guy?

What do you think the Matchstick man was?

• Moonlight Child

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judo (wishful thinking) :D

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Wandering Spirit

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • King Hanafabuku

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyosuke said:
I think with most astral projecting you need a tether in order to anchor your warward spirit to your body. Anyway like you said, this might be kind of a "fishing" thing. Summon or tear a spirit from the now not very far away spirit world toss a spiritual noose around it and throw it into the real world. So when ever you choose you can jerk that noose, and let the spirit know just how close it is to destruction.

Its just conjecture.

There is something strange in your neighbourhood...
Who do you call?!?
Ghostbusters!!!
Didiri diri dididi

I doupt it's in the real world for everybody to see there...perhaps only children can see it and serves to scare them off something (what I initially thought)...or fish them as I can think now after have seen Tiddlywinks' paedophilic suggestion...dunno though

There really is no reason for Guts mother to be showing up. I don't think Miura wants to ruin it either. Taking away a secret like that ruins someone belief. Miura didn't show her because he wanted the reader to create their own character.

I agree with the idea of it being a new character that has yet to be introduced.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
DemonX said:
Yes, I dont think we will see guts' mother for the rest of the entire series... But guts' father is a WHOLE different story  8).

Guts had a father... Gambino, I'm pretty damn sure that thats all Miura's gonna do with the whole father thing. he already focused on the "Patricide" part of Guts childhood way too much to include another father figure this late in the story. Besides I don't think Guts would really care if some guy came up and said, "Gutsy my boy I'm ya Daddy, lets play some ball and get reaquainted!"

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
But lets say theres a twist added, like guts father was a powerful apostle, and it was guts mother and the people with her who were sacrificed. So, guts was a product of a sacrifice, and he did not die because he was not sacrificed yet because he was not born yet (of course). And so guts hatred comes out and its guts vs father! :)

hmmm,

the introduction of the story part is interesting :D,

but then it goes to run of the mill, guts vs father,

that would be way non-Miura :-X,

something way unexpected would probably happen,

like there was no father, guts mother just used a potion or a spell, or a curse, and became pregnant and guts was supposed to die when he was born,

then the curse or potion or whatever would have given her power or etc,

it could be a thousand variables in there,

but good old son vs dad, future vs past would be just non Miura acceptable i think,

of course this all, as usuall, is my opinion  ;D

- c  :)

Sacrifices are usually eaten by apostles and not hung...
I have guessed it is possible that it was somebody like Mozgus that hung them there...
A church-religious thing

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Sacrifices are usually eaten by apostles and not hung...

Not every sacrifice occurs during an Occultation, so I guess most of them just join the Vortex right after getting branded.

Aazealh said:
Not every sacrifice occurs during an Occultation, so I guess most of them just join the Vortex right after getting branded.

When the Count sacrificed his wife he ate her to pieces...
Only exception to this we have seen is the egg apostle
I guess people didn't get branded directly with the mark...but they saw the dream, I guess...being doomed by the egg apostles own dream...
Dream that became reality with the egg's apostle own sacrifice to Griffith

xechnao said:

Or maybe the Count is an exception, 'cause we haven't seen that many "normal" Apostle's Sacrifice Ceremonies, so I would tend to agree with Aazealh, nothing makes it sure that all sacrificed people get eaten...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
When the Count sacrificed his wife he ate her to pieces...

Well, I always assumed it was a representation of the Vortex (the one that takes away the Count himself after he refuses to sacrifice Theresia), considering how he never appears with that kind of mouthed appendices while he fights Guts, or even during the Occultation.

But I've got to admit it's a possibility that he killed and ate her himself, though it would somehow contradict his remorse about killing her himself, which is the reason he sacrificed her in the first place (after all, he couldn't get to sacrifice his daughter even as an apostle).

And there's also to consider Roshinu's parents, she didn't eat them as far as I know.

Aazealh said:
Well, I always assumed it was a representation of the Vortex (the one that takes away the Count himself after he refuses to sacrifice Theresia),
It was the vortex indeed

Aazealh said:
But I've got to admit it's a possibility that he killed and ate her himself, though it would somehow contradict his remorse about killing her himself, which is the reason he sacrificed her in the first place (after all, he couldn't get to sacrifice his daughter even as an apostle).

It gets confusing what you are saying to me...we have a picture of the count eating his wife to pieces

Aazealh said:
And there's also to consider Roshinu's parents, she didn't eat them as far as I know.

Why? Her parents were lost and what we know about her kin is that they were eating people like flying piranha

asmer said:
Or maybe the Count is an exception, 'cause we haven't seen that many "normal" Apostle's Sacrifice Ceremonies, so I would tend to agree with Aazealh, nothing makes it sure that all sacrificed people get eaten...

Well when I said eating instead of hunging I meant more or less that they kill them with their brutal apostle powers, using them to fullfill the sacrifice...
The count was no exception I think...it makes more sense this way IMO about the sacrifices and the powers that get spawn into them, from what we' ve seen so far...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
It was the vortex indeed

I don't think you got what I meant, I wanted to say that I assumed what we saw tearing apart the Count's wife was a representation of the Vortex, like we see it taking the Count or Wyald away.

xechnao said:
we have a picture of the count eating his wife to pieces

Well, we see some tentacles with multiple faces on them holding different parts of her body, with the Count behind wearing a tormented expression.

We never see the Count producing that kind of tentacles, not when he eats various people (which we see him doing quite alot), not when he fights with Guts, even while getting despaired, not during the Occultation.

He usually just uses his mouth. You get what I was talking about now ?

xechnao said:
Why? Her parents were lost and what we know about her kin is that they were eating people like flying piranha

Some of them eat people, but we never saw Roshinu do it, and she was a kid when she sacrificed them. Plus she refers to them as she dies, and there's no indication of her killing them. She actually even doesn't really have a mouth in her apostle form...

And in fact, we don't really get to see any "apostle" ceremony, just the Count's chance to be regenerated, and he had a tendency to eat people anyway...

So I'm not convinced every sacrifice gets eaten by the rising apostle, or it to be common.

Aazealh said:
I don't think you got what I meant, I wanted to say that I assumed what we saw tearing apart the Count's wife was a representation of the Vortex, like we see it taking the Count or Wyald away.
Well, we see some tentacles with multiple faces on them holding different parts of her body, with the Count behind wearing a tormented expression.
We never see the Count producing that kind of tentacles, not when he eats various people (which we see him doing quite alot), not when he fights with Guts, even while getting despaired, not during the Occultation.
He usually just uses his mouth. You get what I was talking about now ?

Well there was a pair of small tentacles around Pippin, if I recall well, and also that commander he possesed at some point has his arm made into a tentacle
Now, the vortex doesn't seem to me that projects eating tentacles...and it's possible that the count can do it IMO judging from his strange apostolic-form body...

Aazealh said:
Some of them eat people, but we never saw Roshinu do it, and she was a kid when she sacrificed them. Plus she refers to them as she dies, and there's no indication of her killing them. She actually even doesn't really have a mouth in her apostle form...

And in fact, we don't really get to see any "apostle" ceremony, just the Count's chance to be regenerated, and he had a tendency to eat people anyway...

So I'm not convinced every sacrifice gets eaten by the rising apostle, or it to be common.

Well I' ll repeat it here what I said before:
when I said eat I meant more or less that they kill them with their given apostle powers, using them to fullfill the sacrifice...
I always conected the sacrifice of the one to become apostle with their new inhuman nature, on a practical level too
This is why I don't ever think that an apostle should merely hung his sacrifices
To me he would use his apostolic body to consume them (be it eat them or destroy them in a different manner)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Well there was a pair of small tentacles around Pippin, if I recall well, and also that commander he possesed at some point has his arm made into a tentacle

Yep, he's always got these, even while attacking the hawks' camp or fighting Guts, but they're different, much more simple. The same goes for Zondark, though the more he gets wounded the more awful his "mutation" goes...

xechnao said:
Now, the vortex doesn't seem to me that projects eating tentacles...and it's possible that the count can do it IMO judging from his strange apostolic-form body...

Well, it's just the many faces that make me think so, there's no clear way to tell that I can see anyway.

xechnao said:
when I said eat I meant more or less that they kill them with their given apostle powers, using them to fullfill the sacrifice...
I always conected the sacrifice of the one to become apostle with their new inhuman nature, on a practical level too

Well, by offering a sacrifice they basically just agree for the God Hand to brand what they love the most, I don't know, I just feel like it'd be cool if the victims went directly into the Vortex, like when it tries to get hold of Guts in volume 3.

xechnao said:
This is why I don't ever think that an apostle should merely hung his sacrifices
To me he would use his apostolic body to consume them (be it eat them or destroy them in a different manner)

I think it's clear they don't get hanged, it's not even necessary to mention it...

Now I'd rather think of the sacrifice as a kind of "payment" for the power apostles receive, and don't particularly associate the "consuming" of the sacrificed people to their elevation as apostles.

Anyway, as I said before I don't think we really have any definite info on all of this, so let it just be speculation and to each their preferred "way of execution" ;D.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I would have to go with xechnao, apostles eat, not hang. Just think of the eclipes, the only hawk that didnt die from being eaten was judo (and other guy who I forgot his name, but his head exploded while talking to guts) . The rest were sliced, diced and eaten.

Ah! Maybe guts father is the leader of the holy see?! And is as fanatic, if not more, then moz!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
(and other guy who I forgot his name, but his head exploded while talking to guts)

It was Gaston.

DemonX said:
Ah! Maybe guts father is the leader of the holy see?! And is as fanatic, if not more, then moz!

Yeah, and maybe it's Zodd, they have the same hair!! :eek:

DemonX said:

If this is the case there is a good chance Guts could also be Serpicko's and Farnese's cousin or something :eek:

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
It's Skull Knight.

Stop flaming and listen. He dropped major plot points two or three chapters ago(drunk now, don't recall exact count) and left. But now, he has to come back all of a sudden to warn them. He hasn't had the time to replenish his astral energies so the stickman manifestation is all he's currently capable of creating. And its not a noose. Its Skully's cape; that got skinny, too.

But I'm definately drunk and probably wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom