What interests you the most in Berserk?

What currently interests you the most?

• Total voters

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
After years of reading this story I still think the original story (first 16 volumes or so) was the best part of what's happened so far, but what keeps me reading is not so much the end of the story, but the begining that we have only glimpsed at. I want to know more about the history of Midland. The trip to elfhelm is dragging IMO.

Any other opinions?

nir085

Horse and Armor
Hmmm...

Among the choices you listed in the poll, I can't really choose one because, I don't know, you pretty much have to love all four to love the series. Now when it comes to arcs/volumes, that's a different issue.

I can't say I disliked any of the volumes, but I can say that the Chapter of the Lost Children was boring in comparison to anything else, that volumes 22-27 were the most satisfying in terms of violence (if nothing else), and that aside from 22-27, 3, 10, and 13 were the best.

When it comes to characters, the "old story" had awesome good guys and lame bad guys. Conversely, once M.F. starts, the last of Guts' cool allies (Godo, Rickert) are gone, in comes incredibly cool and intriguing villains (Rakshas, Locus, Grunbeld, etc.), and none of Guts' new allies are anywhere as badass as the BOTH members. When I say "lame", I don't mean that I didn't find them interesting or that I didn't like them. Those characters were meant to be lame. If they weren't, the BERSERK environment would be far less realistic. I don't find Serpico/Farneze/Puck/Schierke to be "cool", but they're still good in their own way - them being around Guts adds depth to his character, showing how he can be (as the Black Swordsman) when he's not around monsters. They're essential. They're funny. They're interesting. They're just not "badass".

my favorite part is anticipating the future,

whats gonna happen! ???,

we speculate and think so much,

then somehting comes and sometimes blows us away :D,

thats just what i like  8)

- c  ;D

BiQ_

" ... "
Even if I answered that the present story interests me the most, I do think that the story was at its strongest during the original BotH time. Somehow, when all the demonity and magicthingyness were added into the mix, methinks Berserk became a bit less interesting.

If someone knows any other good low-fantasy setting medieval mangas/animes with political scheming and gritty look on humanity, please do tell me.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I like them all of course, but I am looking forward to seeing it when/if the group ever gets to Elfhelm.

Currently I too am looking forward to the future more then everything else. It's not that I like it anymore than the other arcs any better or worse, it just means I already know what happens in the rest of the story, so it is natural to be interested in that that is anticipated to happen.

Having said that I liked it all fairly equal as well to be honest. Each part was different enough to have something to appreciate.

The original Black swordsman story was the great start, the Hawk times were the classic golden years that will probably stand out the most by the end of the story despite being the reason for the story to continue.
The whole lost children part was one of the most indepth Apostle hunts, and the others had something different and great about them also as well so like others I have no real favourites.

Right now, I would say that the part that I liked the most during the 27 volumes (I don't considerate the 28th: it's not over yet) was, and I think that I might be in minority, was the Lost Children...
I just liked how Miura showed it.
Showing the Black Swordman fighting an Apostle/Slut, the Snake and the Count, we have the "Golden Age", finishing off with the Eclipse...
How does Miura now goes back to the Black Swordman storyline, he comes with the Lost Children, what I think is the most emotional fight for Guts...
Even more than the Eclipse...
This time, Guts has to kill children... And he kills those "elfs/children" by hundreds of them... I think that, before the Berserker's Armor, never Guts has been so close to the point of no-return...
Of course, physically, he is hurt like, lots of times, but we saw it a lot of times too (the Count, the 100-slaughter night, the Eclipse, Lord Mozgus, jus to name a few), but to kill these children, even if he killed them in their demon forms, he saw them reverse back to human...
And when he is attacked by their "souls" (if anyone knows a better term, please tell me) who seem to be burning, and he faces te one saying: "Mommy... where?..."

So, that's why I personally like that part a lot... Not to say that it is the best in my opinion, but it's a pretty darn special one!
And I also like this image of Guts, followed just after by the scream of Rishinu: "What the hell are you!"
Damm, I like this scene!

Opie

The Sex Icon
I'm gonna have to agree with BiQ on this one, I was REALLY gettin into that whole low-level, period drama phase Berserk was in for awhile. Guess it's just my thing.

Well, in my honest opinion, and to put it short........

When I first seen Berserk(anime), it is a story that has like every enthralling element in it, from action, suspense, drama, some comedy,romance, etc. The fine story between Gutt's and Griffith's friendship/betrayal. The manga/ poster includes, is fine artwork that I would pay a professional painter to paint a huge canvas of.

In summary great storyline, jaw-dropping artwork!

youre the madman anyways,

i made a new video, check it out,

i have premeire and dvd software comin in so i will have a billion times better quality and super extra effects  ;D,

i must thank you again for mentioning the program,

now since youre mad all the time, go take it out on like malf, everybody else does,

or give demonx a challenge :D,

i might one day myself,

i used to do that back in the day,

but ill tell that to my grandchildren 8)

- c

Top Bottom