Falcon of Light/Falcon of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Sorry to bring this thing up again, god knows there has been so much speculation in the past about it.

I was wondering who the real Hawk of Darkness is and who the real Hawk of Light is. Are their any other theories other than that Guts is the true Hawk of Light and Griffith is the Hawk of Darkness? I mean...that's alittle bland.

I want my mind blown baby, and I need you guys to blow it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith is the Falcon of Darkness and the Falcon of Light at the same time.

Guts is nothing here, the Hawk/Falcon symbolism has always been applied to Griffith only (except for his soldiers but not in the same way at all).

When Griffith was incarnated into his new body, there was a collective dream, in which he appeared as a Falcon of Light, savior of the land, bringing peace and such. The dream wasn't the same for everybody of course (ie. Zodd and the Midland king), but almost every apostle came to take his orders, and humans started to wait for him to save them (like Sonja).

However, we all know that Griffith is in fact the Falcon of Darkness, that will bring an age of darkness to the world as stated in the prophecy and quoted by the H.I.C.K. (after the sun dies five times, a red lake would appear, and the fifth angel would be born, etc, it very obviously refers to him), or observed by Schierke in volume 22.

So basically, while Griffith is disguising himself as the Falcon of Light, saving Midland from the Kushans and such, he's in fact the Falcon of Darkness.

But then here a question after he did becomes the king, how would he bring darkness to the world? Unleash all the apostles and demon from Hell to feast the human race?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
But then here a question after he did becomes the king, how would he bring darkness to the world? Unleash all the apostles and demon from Hell to feast the human race?

What do you think his army of apostles is going to do after he becomes king ? Just sit there and play Scrabble ?

And do you think Conrad's face appearing out of plague-bringing rats or Slan being able to take a physical form (in the Qliphoth for now, but who knows in the future, it could be anywhere if the layers of the world go on merging) aren't a big deal ? What about the trolls and other various astral creatures (ogre, kelpie) then ? They don't look that nice to humans from what we've seen.

Anyway, we still don't know what will happen after Griffith gets his kingdom, so if you want to speculate about it, make a thread in Speculation Nation, or even better, revive an old one that had the same topic.

Aazealhs right. Griffith wanted his dream but it came at a cost. If he becomes king then the worlds will slowly merge and eventually will lead to an apocalypse with apostles devouring citizens and trolls roaming forest and backroads. Therefore making Guts nothing in this factor. Griffith is both.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jon Schaffer said:
Griffith wanted his dream but it came at a cost. If he becomes king then the worlds will slowly merge

Actually, his sole existence as an incarnated being seems to be enough, no need for him to be king, that's why the merging has already begun.

Aazealh said:
Actually, his sole existence as an incarnated being seems to be enough, no need for him to be king, that's why the merging has already begun.
I meant it from Griffiths point of view. You are right, it didn't matter if Griffith wanted to be in the circus, the worlds would still merge.

So letting him be a king if just kinda of satisfying his desire that all?... That sound dumb and maybe he will feel how foolish he is after all...

Aazealh said:
quoted by the H.I.C.K. (after the sun dies five times, a red lake would appear, and the fifth angel would be born, etc, it very obviously refers to him)
Yes, obviously this was referred to the occultation where the Hawks were sacrificed
Only that they didn't know it had allready happened

Aazealh said:
And do you think Conrad's face appearing out of plague-bringing rats

That was before Griffith's rebirth
Another one was Slan in the smoke of the fire in the cave
so the whole "chaos" is not because of Griffith only
But yes, Griffith is the "disguised" hawk of light that will attain the people's neccessary faith

Aazealh said:
Anyway, we still don't know what will happen after Griffith gets his kingdom,

Humans (and apostles) going all to hell?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
So letting him be a king if just kinda of satisfying his desire that all?...

That has been his goal all along Smith...

xechnao said:
That was before Griffith's rebirth

Yeah, things were already setting up toward this event (ever since the Eclipse), some kind of signs of what was coming.

xechnao said:
Humans (and apostles) going all to hell?

Well, if everybody joins the Vortex of souls or something like that, there won't be a story anymore.

Aazealh said:
Well, if everybody joins the Vortex of souls or something like that, there won't be a story anymore.

Hehe, I meant that is what they want (evil's plan... :eek:)
Dunno though if Gutts stops them ;D
By the way could Guts hypothetically be the one who will be named saint Gabriel (was it this one that fought with the beast and won it?)
That is if the confront with our religious legends is made

Aazealh said:
I don't think so, the context makes it rather unlikely.

Checked it out, it is saint Michael (not Gabriel) the one I was linking to...anyway if it doesn't seem fit for Guts, it seems fit enough for Skullknight IMO

EDIT: Jesus, I guess the river has taken me...searching for the dragon and the fighter, it was saint George...so I guess I was linking Guts to Saint George

xechnao said:
Checked it out, it is saint Michael (not Gabriel) the one I was linking to...anyway if it doesn't seem fit for Guts, it seems fit enough for Skullknight IMO
Micheal the Archangel? I think he resembles Griffith more than anyone, considering he was the savior of heaven from hell. And was supposed to be one of the most beautiful angels.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Since the original question has already been answered, I'll lock this thread. Feel free to pursue this biblical discussion elsewhere if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom