Back to the old style- Femto's Glare

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well, its back to my old style for me. I hate being too precise. Besides IMO, this way of coloring looks much better compared to the others. This originally is part of a project, so if I ever have time to get off my lazy ass I might start working on it...

Any crit, comments, or praises?

824266695.gif

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I really like the eyes, but something about the rest seems a little off. :-\
I think it may be the sharp peaks in the shading, but at the same time it adds a certain unique touch, so yeah, I'm unsure what it is, but something about it seems odd to me.
Besides that thing that I cannot explain, well done. ;D
What pic is this from?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I really like it, good job DemonX. Would be cool if you finished that project for sure, if that's a preview.

However, why are you guys always coloring Femto red ? He's blue. I know it wouldn't go well with the blue eyes, but then, why not make them red ? ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
*Gyom* said:
I just wonder, why has he been made red in the anime...?

Lack of blue ink at the time ? Seriously though, it's probably just a stupid error like for Griffith being king and such.

DarkBlademaster

Headless Death said:
What pic is this from?

Volume 13, ch7, top of pg 145

Headless Death said:
I really like the eyes, but something about the rest seems a little off. :-\

Yes, Im guessing it is how I shaded in the colors. I will be redoing the currently red part. To tell you the truth, that picture really only took like 20-30 min.

Aazealh said:
However, why are you guys always coloring Femto red ? He's blue. I know it wouldn't go well with the blue eyes, but then, why not make them red ? ;D

Actully, I have colored femto red and blue randomly in the past, it didnt seem to make much of a difference to me. Next time Ill post a blue version and a red verson.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
that's pretty cool man. did you draw it yourself or just color it? either way, rock on.

didnt know femto was blue either.

DarkBlademaster

Preview for next picture of project

preview1.gif

I just cant seem to get the coloring/shading right for femtos skin... (the tannish one)

I might have to redo that armor. It looks messy to me.

Pretty slick - What sort of technique are you using to achieve that smooth glossy thing, lots and lots of blur brush?

Also, I prefer the red Femto... And the blue version you did has red eyes. Should probably fix that, unless it was intentional.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
It occours to me... in the first two colors... there should be skintone... is phemto's "face" intentionaly colored the same as his "helm" or is this an oversight?

DarkBlademaster

Majin Tenshi said:
It occours to me... in the first two colors... there should be skintone... is phemto's "face" intentionaly colored the same as his "helm" or is this an oversight?

^^; after reading your post, it looks like I fucked up. Your right, there should be a skintone, ill fix it up.

Denial said:
Pretty slick - What sort of technique are you using to achieve that smooth glossy thing, lots and lots of blur brush?

Also, I prefer the red Femto... And the blue version you did has red eyes. Should probably fix that, unless it was intentional.

I used smudge and alot of wierd effects like blur and artistic paint dabs and such.

Also, the blue version does have red eye--- it was intentional.

I know it wouldn't go well with the blue eyes, but then, why not make them red ?

And THANKS ALOT! Jon. That skin color is really helpful.

I will be posting both pictures updated soon.

Top Bottom