Gonna make a DS replica, suggestions

One day sitting in shop class a bolt of lightening hit my head and i said to my friend (who has no idea what berserk is) i know what i wanna make in this class (wood shop class). The DragonSlayer out of wood of course.

I want some suggestions as to the dimensions and stuff like that. I have it all planned out in my head but i dont like to over look anything. Plus it is always good to hear other peoples opinions. I know what the width is gonna be b/c the wood im using is only so wide (about a foot or something like that) but it actually looks like the perfect width for the ds. I am also gonna make it go a little shorter towards the tip b/c i think that is how Miura wants it to be like.

I plan on it being all wood with bolts put into the handle part like the ds really looks like. The handle will be detachable if you remove the bolts on the half circle like thing. Im doing this so i can turn the handle on a wood lathe and if it breaks i can make a new handle.

Im not sure to if im gonna paint it or just stain it and shalack it yet. I'll post pictures when i am done.

This little project shouldn't be to hard for me b/c this is my fourth year taking a shop class (i am a senior), i often work with wood with my father when he does projects around the house, being skilled with wood runs in my family, and i have made my own projects b4 that turned out very nice and well built in that class.

Now i just gotta convince my teacher to let me build it. The good thing is that im close to my teacher and im in his club. If not he will definately let me do it after school or i can do it at my uncles house.

Top Bottom