Why did caska cry when she tried to touch Griffith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the hawk cemetery?

just some of my thoughts
i've always thought that caska was destined to love griffith and guts, not one only. she seems to love griffith in all types of love- as a little boy who needs her love, as a man a woman admires, and as her own flesh and blood. the love caska had for guts was the most substantial- her own. by experiencing reality, she realized that guts was the one with the proudest presence. i truly think that the story of berserk is fantasy vs. reality. guts is the representative of reality and caska has to go through a life's worth of experiences to sense that reality is what her definition of love must really be. griffith embodies all the ideas of fantasy, thus she's enamored by all of his mystique. i don't think caska may hate griffith in the end. however, i think she'll possibly be the bridge between guts and griffith reconciling their friendship. in the end, i think there will be a moment of reflect, some kind of "what-could-have-been" of their old days as hawks if none of the turmoil came to be. that may be the last moment of the story, how i'd like to see it end. i went on and on, getting off the topic so i'll just leave my comment there. why did caska cry in that scene? i love berserk!

ANAZARE2 said:
in the hawk cemetery?

just some of my thoughts
i've always thought that caska was destined to love griffith and guts, not one only. she seems to love griffith in all types of love- as a little boy who needs her love, as a man a woman admires, and as her own flesh and blood. the love caska had for guts was the most substantial- her own. by experiencing reality, she realized that guts was the one with the proudest presence. i truly think that the story of berserk is fantasy vs. reality. guts is the representative of reality and caska has to go through a life's worth of experiences to sense that reality is what her definition of love must really be. griffith embodies all the ideas of fantasy, thus she's enamored by all of his mystique. i don't think caska may hate griffith in the end. however, i think she'll possibly be the bridge between guts and griffith reconciling their friendship. in the end, i think there will be a moment of reflect, some kind of "what-could-have-been" of their old days as hawks if none of the turmoil came to be. that may be the last moment of the story, how i'd like to see it end. i went on and on, getting off the topic so i'll just leave my comment there. why did caska cry in that scene? i love berserk!

Griffith to Casca was the embodiment of everything positive you could find in a human being, courageous, handsome, cunning, magnetic, ambitious and completely self aware. He gave her a lot of joy over many years. As horrible as his violation of her was there are still many fond memories that are in her somewhere. Griffith was a face that she had not seen for years (and it’s not like it’s been all roses being with Guts since the festival. Being attacked by him at times and even being dragged around by a rope like she’s an animal, not exactly fun times.) And seeing him in his newfound angelic glory must have been very emotional for her. Even in the state she’s currently in it would make sense that she would still feel something for him.

Remember even Guts himself lowered his guard and “forgot” when he saw Griffith.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Ummmmmmmmmm...

Dont forget that Griffith used her and Gutt's baby to rehencarnate, I dont think she remembers their times. Also the tears could have came from the pain of being by Zodd and Griffith, you know she has a brand too. So she probably just touched him, but cried from pain, or thought of him as her son.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
When she did that, she was most probably seeing her child, and not Griffith himself, as she's not the old Casca.

The pain (and tears) obviously comes from her Brand (you see it bleeding just before, and she's pressing her hand against it, too...), Griffith is a God Hand member, and to be near him is unbearable for the branded, Guts himself can barely move. Since she was really close and even tried to touch him, the pain must have multiplied.

P

paradise_lost

Aazealh said:
When she did that, she was most probably seeing her child, and not Griffith himself, as she's not the old Casca.

It seems to me really impossibile!!! For the first time Aazealh said something I can agree to at 100% ...

:-*

Aazealh said:
the pain must have multiplied.

If Guts could barely move, then Caska would have died from pain...

I believe being a GH reborn the pain was not as unbearable as getting close to the real GH themselves, at least i dun see blood gashing put from Caska brand

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
that and another thing to point out... from past conversations... Zodd does not react or I should say that the Brand's don't react to Zodd so he really didnt have any play in the brand's bleeding. 8)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Zodd does not react or I should say that the Brand's don't react to Zodd so he really didnt have any play in the brand's bleeding.  8)

We just didn't see it reacting clearly to Zodd alone up until now, it doesn't mean that it doesn't react to him. Anyway, this isn't really related to the topic at hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom