The Ring 2

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  Overall, I ave to admit that the movie was entertaining.  As we know it doesn't follow the same pattern as Ringu 2; but still entertaining.  Nothing really spooky IMHO.

I do have a question though.  I heard there's a movie called "Rings".  Weather if it's out on DVD or just a future project, it's suposed to be a "in between" storyline between Ring & Ring 2.  Does anyone here has any info?

EDIT: Nevermind
http://www.buzztone.com/theringdvd/static.asp

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
There is Ringu 0:Birthday. Its supposed to tell you what happens to sadako... alos there is another one which I think you are talking about... its supposed to show something strange happen when they take the chicks boyfriend to the morgue. Thats about all I know, also mind you this is for the Japanese version.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

The unveiling of secrets wasn't as shocking as it could have been. I thought it was going to be a better movie.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
There is Ringu 0:Birthday. Its supposed to tell you what happens to sadako... alos there is another one which I think you are talking about... its supposed to show something strange happen when they take the chicks boyfriend to the morgue. Thats about all I know, also mind you this is for the Japanese version.
I know witch one you are talking about...I also heard the same thing, although this "Rings" is for the american version.  It's on the link that I posted.
[quote author=ELEKTROFUNKlink=topic=4305.msg88861#msg88861 date=1111245240]
The unveiling of secrets wasn't as shocking as it could have been. I thought it was going to be a better movie.
[/quote]
  Then again, the Japanese version's explanation of Sadako having being born by an "evil presense" from the ocean isn't really a big shocker either  ;)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

would have rather have George W Bush being the real father of samara, that would have been a great plot twist

E

ELEKTROFUNK

"Griffith No More!" said:
Or J. Lo, LOL!

maybe Griffith raped J Lo while she was pregnat with Ben Afflecks child and thus samara was born.

tan tan tannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

elektrofunk; hehe!

I've just seen the ring 2 (the original I GUESS-!---it was packed with some more movies in a 'hardcore japanese box').

It was the worst movie ever. Bad acting(pure japanese, but in this case really bad). And not one scary moment at all(the scariest moment was turning the tv out and shockingly staring at the 'snow' image on my screen hehe -hey ring 1 was cool that's why I was still scared). Oh well, maybe the remake will be worth watching??

It's a waste of time, believe me.

Rickert said:
elektrofunk; hehe!
don't encourage him

It was the worst movie ever. Bad acting(pure japanese, but in this case really bad).
You're going to have to explain exactly what you mean.
Japanese = bad acting???
I don't understand.

Oh well, maybe the remake will be worth watching??

No, the remake is ROTTEN.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Rickert said:
elektrofunk; hehe!

I've just seen the ring 2 (the original I GUESS-!---it was packed with some more movies in a 'hardcore japanese box').

It was the worst movie ever. Bad acting(pure japanese, but in this case really bad). And not one scary moment at all(the scariest moment was turning the tv out and shockingly staring at the 'snow' image on my screen hehe -hey ring 1 was cool that's why I was still scared). Oh well, maybe the remake will be worth watching??

you do know that there were 2 versions of a "sequal" right. One was absolutly horrible and the other was good. Ringu 2:Spiral was the shit one and Ringu:Rasen was the better one... or maybe it was reversed... oh well.... just look up on it some more.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Ringu 2:Spiral was the shit one and Ringu:Rasen was the better one... or maybe it was reversed... oh well.... just look up on it some more.

reversed ;)

ranemaka13, of course 'japanse acting in general' isn't bad at all. But in the movie it was (ring 2:spiral I think..?). -posts above-
:)

Rickert said:
ranemaka13, of course 'japanse acting in general' isn't bad at all. But in the movie it was (ring 2:spiral I think..?). -posts above-
:)
ah, okay, good to know. you threw me off with the "bad acting(pure japanese...) line.
thanks for clearing up my confusion.

So, those of you have been "lucky" enough to see both ring sequels, which one is the remake based off of, or is it a combination of both or a somewhat "original" sequel.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
ranemaka13 said:
So, those of you have been "lucky" enough to see both ring sequels, which one is the remake based off of, or is it a combination of both or a somewhat "original" sequel.
none, basically.  There are some aspects here and there that can be recognized on both versions, but believe me, If you liked the Japanese version, don't even bother watching the american sequel.  Just a suggestion  ;)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
The trailer for Ring 2 ruined every part of the movie that might have been surprising for me. If anyone decides not to see it, you're not missing much. Both Ringu and The Ring were better movies that should've been left alone, IMHO.

the ring 2 was total garbage from begining to end... that frickin kid! omg that frickin kid! i pray that his career is as over as the first anikan' is... please!!!

im locking this topic
images

This was a REAL disappointment, after The Ring which I thought almost equalled the japanese version and not too much shabbier this was pretty lame.

Firstly, the reason for me why the Ring was so good was that they really built, held the tension and delivery without disappointment at the end, when you just keep seeing Samura in The ring 2, it just ruins the wow or horror factor. It's one of the reasons why I didn't think Ju-on series were that scary either.

I have to say havoing read Ring and Sprial, the books are better than any of the ring films (haven't seen any korean version) because they are, mostly, more disturbing IMO.

And yes, the kid were annoying, he fitted the role with big eyes and eyebags, but his dialouge lacked some punch and were pretty stiff without being scary.

Top Bottom