Berserk Busts...post pics please

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2034.0

I found that thread, which shows Griffith and Casca, but apparently there are also AoW busts of Guts and Puck. So there are 4 busts made by AoW? Please post pics of Guts, Puck, and any other busts that AoW has made. I'd actually really like to see them in black (apparently there were 3 color variations...?) if anyone has pics of them.

Also, feel free to post any other busts. I've already seen the Zoddo and Guts busts made by Dotou (?), but I'd like to see any others.

Thank you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the Guts one and some others I found while searching for it:

Bust-Guts.jpg

Bust-Guts2.jpg

Busts.jpg

I've got others saved up somewhere but I don't have the time to search for them right now.

Thanks...anyone else have pics, too?

It's amazing the difference the angle of a picture can make. That dark Guts bust looks so much better than the lighter one above it.

I think the second set wasn't done by AoW, but I could be wrong.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
It's amazing the difference the angle of a picture can make. That dark Guts bust looks so much better than the lighter one above it.

They aren't the same, that's why it looks better. ;)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
They aren't the same, that's why it looks better. ;)
Are you sure? The folds in the cloak are the same, the hair is the same, the eye looks the same. If they are different, then all they've redone is the nose.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Are you sure? The folds in the cloak are the same, the hair is the same, the eye looks the same. If they are different, then all they've redone is the nose.

They look the same, but they aren't perfectly similar. The base is different, the hair is different, the nose of course, and I think the mouth and eyebrows slightly differ, too.

I don't remember the details, but there's actually two versions of these busts, and the finer-looking green one might simply be closer to Miura's original sculpt than the white one. That would explain the quality difference, plus the fact that each might have been hand-carved. It's also possible that the one in the ad was the prototype, again a more faithful version.

Here's another picture of the Guts bust, plus some other Casca one I found on my HDD inadvertently:

Bust-Guts3.jpg

Bust-Casca.jpg

Some other pictures I found while searching for the Hyper Maniac Mooks. :p

Busts2.jpg

Bust-Casca2.jpg

Here's a small zip with more pictures of the Puck version.

There were others but they weren't very relevant, plus I'm too tired to search for the rest now.

Top Bottom