The Godhand Members' Roles

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Simply put I think they somehow represent sins or something like that, even though there is only 5 of them and not 7.

Void- Wrath...?

Femto- Greed, Pride

Slan- Lust, Envy

Conrad-Gluttony, Slothfullness

Ubik- Homosexuality... haha just kidding. Wait, no... really... Actually Ubik is very mysterious to me.

What does anyone else think? Any ideas? Also, while we get some sort of background (sort of) to Void, we have so far got nothing on Slan, Ubik, and Conrad?

Any decent theories on those 3?

They each represent one finger on the hand of god, or something like that...
dunno if they have special "areas" of expertise though...

Hmmm, I think that Mirua doesnt give much information on them for a reason, so we are left to wonder about them, since they are these strange beings of another exsitence that seem divine, I think that the mystery and wondering of them adds to the effect of that.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
I think that Conrad, for one, symbolizes disease and pestilence. I remember a scene where Raban is leaving a castle that had been destroyed by the plague, and after he leaves, the rats pile up and form the face of Conrad. I thought this was pretty interesting.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Triggormortis said:
I think that Conrad, for one, symbolizes disease and pestilence. I remember a scene where Raban is leaving a castle that had been destroyed by the plague, and after he leaves, the rats pile up and form the face of Conrad. I thought this was pretty interesting.

Pestilence... thats an interesting thought, maybe they are something like the four horsemen of apocolypse?

Also, I have seen this as a joke, but there is often said to be a 5th horsemen, Chaos (or Kaos), who left before the horsement got real famous. (Similar idea to the "5th Beatle" theory).

Tristram said:
Simply put I think they somehow represent sins or something like that, even though there is only 5 of them and not 7.

Void- Wrath...?

Femto- Greed, Pride

Slan- Lust, Envy

Conrad-Gluttony, Slothfullness

Ubik- Homosexuality... haha just kidding. Wait, no... really... Actually Ubik is very mysterious to me.

What does anyone else think? Any ideas? Also, while we get some sort of background (sort of) to Void, we have so far got nothing on Slan, Ubik, and Conrad?

Any decent theories on those 3?

I think that though they may have roles they don't really represent anything specific to me.  They seem to be five apostles with more power than any "normal" apostles and serve as the executive branch of the Idea.  I guess I just feel that Femto at least is much more complicated that a representative for a specific emotion or sin (like Guts=rage).

But then what will they do once the God hand is fully completed? Until i dun seem to get it :p

The only thing i realised is the changing of the world when Griffith was reborn as a saviour...

Yea, isnt it Femto that completed them? But really I have no idea what the roles of each member would be or why they would have it, they all seem to do their own thing, especialy Slann, but ya I do think they all have a common goal, whattever it may be, I guess to follow the will of Idea and Griffith, among other things.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Yea, isnt it Femto that completed them?

He did.

Zelz said:
But really I have no idea what the roles of each member would be or why they would have it, they all seem to do their own thing, especialy Slann

Her or the others, they all do their own stuff, Conrad spreading the plague or Slan twisting people's mind so they would form heretic cults. Ubik and Void are probably scheming things too, we just didn't get to see them yet.

Zelz said:
but ya I do think they all have a common goal, whattever it may be, I guess to follow the will of Idea and Griffith, among other things.

The will of the Idea of Evil, yes, their own will too, but not Griffith's in particular as far as we know.

Aazealh said:
Her or the others, they all do their own stuff, Conrad spreading the plague or Slan twisting people's mind so they would form heretic cults. Ubik and Void are probably scheming things too, we just didn't get to see them yet.

So is it your opinion that they do have roles?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
So is it your opinion that they do have roles?

Obviously, yes.

EDIT:
Oh, you mean specific roles? Well then I'd still say yes, but for now it's still kind of vague. They seem to have their speciality though from what the manga shows us thus far, it has been elicited in older threads, and it's been brought up in this one too.

Aazealh said:
As for what they're doing between summonings, in Vol. 17 there's an episode about a town ravaged by plague, rats brought it, and we see rats gathering to form Conrad's face. IMO that means that the God Hand is bringing death and despair to humans in subtle ways like disease, etc when they've got nothing else to do, each of them could have his own ability, wars may be initiated by Void's manipulation for example.

We'll probably get to learn more about all of this later.

Aazealh said:
Oh, you mean specific roles? Well then I'd still say yes, but for now it's still kind of vague. They seem to have their speciality though thus far.

This is what I meant. I know it is vague but I just wanted to listen to the opinion of someone much more knowlageable about Berserk. What makes you think this? I'm just curious.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
This is what I meant. I know it is vague

No problem, it's just late here. ;D

Rage Incarnate said:
What makes you think this? I'm just curious.

Well, there isn't so much as a definite proof of this, it's just my take on it, but I think that we've got several clues from the manga. There's that scene of Conrad bringing the plague, for instance. Then there's the strong relation between Slan and lust/carnal desires/instincts, with the heretics, the trolls' raping scene (and her appearance there, as well as what she said concerning the Qliphoth), and the way she always comments about human emotions and such.

You also have Ubik's peculiar power of displaying people's past, inner feelings, or just creating illusions, he seems to be good at playing with people's minds (and his very name could be an indication in itself). Lastly you have Void and Femto, one is assumed to be the leader of the God Hand, is the one that issues the Brand and mostly stays mysterious to us, and the other is their "representative" in the material world in a way, being incarnated in a charismatic being of flesh and conquering the world with an army of apostles.

That doesn't mean that they are restricted to a specific domain of activities or anything though.

Tristram said:
What does anyone else think? Any ideas?  Also, while we get some sort of background (sort of) to Void, we have so far got nothing on Slan, Ubik, and Conrad?

My take on Godhand is that they manifest in an isolated manner the following traits:

Void would be that of "forbidden wisdom" : selective use of information for personal gain and manipolation and exploitation of others

Slan, that of manipolation through provocation of sexual and procreative instincts for personal pleasure.

Conrad, manipolation and exploitation of negative effects that human abuse and not preservation could have, for personal scope.

Griffith, manipolation and exploitation of peoples desires for personal gain.

Ubik, manipolation and expoitation of others based on burreocracy.

Am i right to assume the GH top priority now is let Griffith conquer the world? What he or the rest gonna do after achieving that?

With GH complete does it mean the destruction of the world? It seem to take some time for that to happen...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Am i right to assume the GH top priority now is let Griffith conquer the world?

Well, to let him conquer the world or help him conquer it, what's sure is that the others aren't going to thwart him.

Smith said:
What he or the rest gonna do after achieving that?

Who knows? Rule the world?

I remember hearing/reading something like "Idea wants what Griffith wants" That is the reason I said what I said eariler.... so Im assuming that Godhand does the will of Idea with their own twists thrown in, which ultimately would be Griffiths will/dream/desire, and as being reincarnated into the world, I think that is because he wanted it and that It would be easier to acheive his "dream". Now I dont think they have any special roles or anything but it seems that they each represent, mans desires/sins/evil in their own ways, so basically they seem as other wordly beings that manipulate the desires of men, why?, well in that "lost episode" which is a chat between The Idea of Evil, and Griffith, he/she/it explains it.....dunno if this is a spoiler or not.soooo..he basically says( from what I remember) "I exist because man desired to have a governed fate/destiny, and that he/she is the incarnation, of desires,feelings,dreams and desire of a god. So they manipulate man, because that is what they wanted... thats my tkae on the whole thing....

Top Bottom