Another one passes me by..

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I know I shouldn't cause myself this kind of pain, but...

Femto Statue w/Behelit

After finding out the figures my friend were going to sell me weren't all that great.. Thus, I felt the urge to hit up Yahoo! Japan.. I'm such a fool. But anyway, while I'm on the subject.. did they make a Black and a Blue Femto statue.. because I found another auction and it looks like they did -- although it could just be bad lighting..

Take a look and see... I think it's the lighting

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There is a black Femto action figure done by AOW, it was their exclusive (normal is dark blue, like in the manga).

As for statues, as far as I know there is one version of the exclusive Femto statue that came with a green beherit and a custom base and that was also black. They could be customized, but I've seen several statues like this so...

Picture courtesy of JIN:

Comparison between 2 versions of Femto.

Femtostatueblack.jpg

Aazealh said:
There is a black Femto action figure done by AOW, it was their exclusive (normal is dark blue, like in the manga).

As for statues, as far as I know there is one version of the exclusive Femto statue that came with a green beherit and a custom base and that was also black. They could be customized, but I've seen several statues like this so...

Picture courtesy of JIN:

Comparison between 2 versions of Femto.

Aaz, on the contrary, I've emailed Art of War about this, they never released a Black Femto statue. The one that JIN has is custom painted, as well as the Beherit.

BillyBudd said:
Whoops...I guess this means DirectDK has some editing to do.

Nope, no editing to do =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Aaz, on the contrary, I've emailed Art of War about this, they never released a Black Femto statue. The one that JIN has is custom painted, as well as the Behelit.

Well, I know you mailed them about this, but I've seen a demi-dozen of those like I said, and they weren't all the same statue & beherit while they still were painted the same... The picture that is shown and not in a link isn't from JIN, for example. So I guess someone chain painted them in a similar fashion, that's the only logical explanation left to me. As for the price Uriel, I'm sorry but I can't help you. There was one on Yahoo Japan auctions not too long ago, but I didn't really pay attention to it. It's safe to say that it's expensive (rarity), in any case.

Aazealh said:
Well, I know you mailed them about this, but I've seen a demi-dozen of those like I said, and they weren't all the same statue & beherit while they still were painted the same... The picture that is shown and not in a link isn't from JIN, for example. So I guess someone chain painted them in a similar fashion, that's the only logical explanation left to me.

Well I agree that there are some Black Femto's out there, but I personally have only seen 2 on YJ.  One of them didn't come with the green behelit, and the other one was the one that Lady Charlotte won.  That is the same one that JIN has (I believe he bought it from her when she sold off her collection).  Also, on this site:

http://www9.plala.or.jp/gri-guts/femg.htm

there is a Black Femto, but it's painted differently.  It's not flat black like the one you pictured. It's more shiny...

fem01.jpg

fem03.jpg

However, you do say that the above picture you linked is not JIN's, but I guesss it could also be possible that whoever took that picture was the owner of the statue before it was sold on YJ (and thus ended up with JIN).  Just a wild speculation though.

I think I also asked JIN if there was a limited edition sticker on the box (like all AOW's exclusive stuff) and I believe he told me there wasn't.  One rule of thumb, I think, is that if it doesn't have that sticker, then it's not official.

Anyways, everything you said seems perfectly logical though (and of course it could be possible somewhat painted a whole bunch in a similar way), which is why I've always been unsure about the matter for a long time. But after I emailed AOW about it a while back, I think it's safe to say there is no official black version.

Just my thoughts...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
That is the same one that JIN has

Yeah.

DirectDK said:
there is a Black Femto, but it's painted differently. It's not flat black like the one you pictured. It's more shiny...

Yup, kind of hard to say for sure given the lighting, but yes it looks more glossy.

DirectDK said:
However, you do say that the above picture you linked is not JIN's, but I guesss it could also be possible that whoever took that picture was the owner of the statue before it was sold on YJ

Yes, it's a possibility. I saw that one twice before in 2003 so why not. I remember seeing others though (not all with a green beherit), but that's not hard facts.

DirectDK said:
Anyways, everything you said seems perfectly logical though (and of course it could be possible somewhat painted a whole bunch in a similar way), which is why I've always been unsure about the matter for a long time. But after I emailed AOW about it a while back, I think it's safe to say there is no official black version.

You had told me about the email you sent them before, and of course they're supposed to know what they're talking about (or are they? They can't calculate an invoice properly :puck:), but I still felt like bringing this on since seeing several statues being colored alike seems odd to me. :beast: Actually, even as unofficial they're still pretty nice IMHO (I prefer the dark blue version though, faithful to the manga!). :guts:

This reminds of the violet Femto statue LG talked about long ago, a supposedly very rare one that had been distributed to only a handful of people. I've even got some picture of it somewhere I think, but whether it's official or not... Bah, things would be easier if AOW had all their products listed on their site.

Aazealh said:
This reminds of the violet Femto statue LG talked about long ago, a supposedly very rare one that had been distributed to only a handful of people. I've even got some picture of it somewhere I think, but whether it's official or not... Bah, things would be easier if AOW had all their products listed on their site.

Violet? Wow, now that one I haven't seen. And yeah, AOW should put up more information on their older statues, but I guess all the mystery helps add to the mystique of collecting :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Violet? Wow, now that one I haven't seen.

Yup, I'm not certifying anything though.

SexyCharlotte said:
2. Extremely Rare: Metallic purple Femto w/fiery red metallic behelit. Given out as one of 6 drawing prizes for YA: price: 1800.00 US dollars

3. Cream/Bone colored Skullknight Statue: 1500.00 US Dollars

Speaking of rare repaints. There is a repaint Grunbeld out there that there are only three of. It was some sort of giveaway. (I forget what the difference was)

Top Bottom