Author Topic: Rakshas' Apostle Form  (Read 7524 times)

-rob-

Re: Rakshas' Apostle Form
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 07:15:24 PM »
We've seen Rakshas kill Kushans, but have we seen him kill any Bakiraka?

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 07:24:04 PM »
We've seen Rakshas kill Kushans, but have we seen him kill any Bakiraka?

Well, we don't see him killing them (he does though), but the guys that were trying to assassinate Griffith at the end of volume 23 (when Mule makes his plight) were from the Bakiraka clan.

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 07:25:22 PM »
A bit off topic, but do we ever find out if there are only 4 members in the Tapasa or are there more than that?

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 07:27:47 PM »
A bit off topic, but do we ever find out if there are only 4 members in the Tapasa or are there more than that?

It's most probably just the four of them we saw until now, but there could be more, it's not impossible.

Offline Kagami

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »
What if Rakshas was similar to Roshinu, in that he had 3 forms? She had a human one, a sort-of human one (mix), and an apostle one.

maybe Rakshas is in a "mix" form now, and has a more human form that we may see later?

Or not!
Quote: Originally Posted by Picnic Boy
awesome, now I can sing pork soda in my rap battle later tonight.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 06:30:01 PM »
She had a human one, a sort-of human one (mix), and an apostle one.

It wasn't really a "human" form.  She just removed the bug eyes, something she could do with her apostle form, too.  So it was probably just an inate ability (much like the count and his tentacles), rather than 3 forms.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 06:32:46 PM by CnC »
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 06:49:30 PM »
Yeah, she just had two "forms".

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 06:53:02 PM »
He'll be like a bad guy from DBZ, he'll have 20 forms, each stronger than the next!

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 07:22:59 PM »
He'll be like a bad guy from DBZ, he'll have 20 forms, each stronger than the next!

Only if he trains real hard, hopefully in a montage.

...even rocky had a montage.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 10:02:46 PM »
Only if he trains real hard, hopefully in a montage.

...even rocky had a montage.
He can only achieve his ultimate power if he trains in 100x Earth's gravity, then he would have to eat a Senzu bean! :troll:
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Trashcan

• Of the Interstice
  • "It is pure Potential"
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2005, 03:34:23 AM »
The first time I saw Rakshas do the creaking-bones thing, I thought, "whoa, voodoo meat puppet." It would be kinda neat if the real Rakshas was a Priest who had a falling out with the Bakiraka over his use of necromancy, and they recognized him by the use of a meat puppet, rather than personal physiognomy. Of course, this would beg the question, how could he continue using magic without the aid and consent of Ganishka?
It's always the same. Now if you had the two eyes on the same side of the nose, for instance -- or the mouth at the top -- that would be some help.'

`It wouldn't look nice,' Alice objected. But Humpty Dumpty only shut his eyes, and said `Wait till you've tried.'

Offline fuxberg

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2005, 01:06:44 PM »
i didnt knew that Rashkas were apostles...
where did you see that?  :miura:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2005, 05:24:04 PM »
It would be kinda neat if the real Rakshas was a Priest who had a falling out with the Bakiraka over his use of necromancy, and they recognized him by the use of a meat puppet, rather than personal physiognomy.

Hmm well, that seems a bit far-fetched honestly. Magic doesn't seem to be the Bakiraka's field.

Of course, this would beg the question, how could he continue using magic without the aid and consent of Ganishka?

While Ganishka's casters need him to use magic, it doesn't mean there's no independent Kushan magic user apart from them (assuming Ganishka wouldn't kill them all). Besides, the Kushan empire is composed of various clans and tribes, and the Bakiraka is a unique case among them, I doubt it would rely on Ganishka in such a way (see the Tapasa's talk with Silat in Wyndham).

i didnt knew that Rashkas were apostles...

Were? There's only a single character named Rakshas in Berserk. As for him being an apostle or not, read the thread. There's no "proof", but it's assumed he's one.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2005, 07:04:24 PM »
It would be kinda neat if the real Rakshas was a Priest who had a falling out with the Bakiraka over his use of necromancy,

Rakshas is still Rakshas, he's only transmigrated, and theres nothing to point to him knowing necromancy or any other form of magic.

Were? There's only a single character named Rakshas in Berserk. As for him being an apostle or not, read the thread. There's no "proof", but it's assumed he's one.

Lightbulb, aaz.  I'm tellin' you... :carcus:
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!