Secret life of Miura

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone had information on the mysterious Miura. It seems like his life is lead in total secrecy, which, while somewhat bothersome seems to add even more flare to Berserk. I was just curious to if anyone had some real info on his general life? This is all the stuff I've been able to gather (which isn't very much..)

Kentarou Miura created his first comic series in 1976. This series, called 'Miuranger', appeared in about 40 volumes. From 1979 to 1985, he studied at an artistic grammar school. At the same time, he began to work for a fanzine. After his studies, he drew the 50 page comic book 'Futatabi'. He then briefly drew for Shonen Magazine, but his collaboration limited itself to the comic 'Noa'. From 1985 to 1989, Miura hardly drew comics, with an exception of 'Berserk Prototype' in 1988. He returned to the scene in 1989, working for Animal House, Oh-Roh, and Oh-Rohden. From the early 1990s, Miura took on 'Berserk' again.

Just wondering if there is any more info on this great and mysterious man :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
I was just wondering if anyone had information on the mysterious Miura. It seems like his life is lead in total secrecy

He doesn't live in total secrecy, he just prefers to keep his private life, well private. I certainly can't blame him for it, and I respect his choice. And actually, he often talks about his current life in Young Animal or in interviews, he's just not a movie star and people don't pay enough attention to what he says. You'll find some information about him on this board, you just have to search for it in detail in old threads (that includes him getting sick, moving, going to the spa, buying stuff, etc).

Otherwise, part of what you summarized here isn't complete and therefore not accurate, you might want to check this well documented post by ZKK on the subject, which has been copied/pasted all over the Internet in the past couple of years (more often than not without credit to him or his sources).

CnC

Ad Oculos
There really isn't any need to know anything more about his private life that he hasn't already divulged.

"Like Aaz said", he's not a major celebrity. I don't see the need for a thread to treat him as such.

CnC said:
There really isn't any need to know anything more about his private life that he hasn't already divulged.

"Like Aaz said", he's not a major celebrity.  I don't see the need for a thread to treat him as such.

Heh I still dont get what the big deal is with Brad and Angelina having a baby, but then again that's me.

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Heh I still dont get what the big deal is with Brad and Angelina having a baby, but then again that's me.

You don't care about the anti-christ being born!? of course its a big deal!! :chomp:

Esquire saves!

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Many thanks for the link, Aazealh. Don't get me wrong, I know Miura isn't a huge celebrity, and I can understand why he wishes to keep his private life private :) but whenever I read a book or hear some music or see some artwork that I really enjoy (in this case, Berserk) I always feel a need to sort of find some information on the creator. It just adds more depth to the content for me, but of course I can respect Miura for not explaining his whole life story to us Berserk fanatics.

thanks again.

Top Bottom