Author Topic: Episode 269  (Read 35880 times)

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re: Episode 269
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2006, 03:44:59 AM »
It doesn't look like he was damaged at all.
In fact, it looks like he's got some level of control of over the Armour that he didn't have before.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2006, 04:12:46 AM »
In fact, it looks like he's got some level of control of over the Armour that he didn't have before.

What gave you that impression?

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »
I got that impression due to the fact it doesn't look like it's control him entirely, it's working for him, instead of against him. That and he didn't go flying down to chop up him some Magnifico when he was done dicing up the Makara.

But hey, I could be wrong. It's mostly speculation in here anyway :carcus:

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2006, 05:50:40 AM »
I got that impression due to the fact it doesn't look like it's control him entirely, it's working for him, instead of against him. That and he didn't go flying down to chop up him some Magnifico when he was done dicing up the Makara.

But hey, I could be wrong. It's mostly speculation in here anyway :carcus:

I see nothing that supports your observation. While I myself suggested that Schierke being inside the beast was probably a plot device to make sure Guts didn't slice up his friends, there was nothing in this episode that suggested such a thing. Even after the makara and pishacha on the beach, he didn't immediately move to attack his allies.

Anyway, it's not speculation if you phrase it the way you did, it's just bunk.

Offline Mista_B

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2006, 06:27:17 AM »
Another point for seeming greater control would be the efficiency with with he killed these guys, whereas previously, when he went up against just one it almost overwhelmed him.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2006, 07:21:56 AM »
Another point for seeming greater control would be the efficiency with with he killed these guys, whereas previously, when he went up against just one it almost overwhelmed him.

The last time the beast fought a Makara was in volume 28, and he killed it the same way he killed the first of these, by leaping into it's mouth, stabbing it through the pallete and tunneling out through it's skull. So I gotta call bunk, again.

Offline The Lamb

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2006, 09:09:17 AM »
I wonder if Guts's loss of his throwing knife belt has some significance? Having grown into the armour and cast aside his knives, arm-crossbow and bombs, will we only see Guts use his sword, armour and arm-cannon now?

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2006, 09:24:29 AM »
I wonder if Guts's loss of his throwing knife belt has some significance? Having grown into the armour and cast aside his knives, arm-crossbow and bombs, will we only see Guts use his sword, armour and arm-cannon now?

It all flew off the last time he used the armor too; so that panel might just be to establish that his stuff was discarded before he jumped into the fray and therefore wasn't lost at sea. Of course, depending on where this all goes in the next few episodes, anything is possible. Miura has very unceremoniously discarded Guts' gear before, most recently his old Black Swordsman cloak when he battled Slan. Anyway, if anything, the panel suggests to me he'll likely get those things back. We'll see.

Offline Tell Me Why

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »
This is an interesting turn of events. I wonder what Schierke will find out while her astral form is inside the armor.

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »
miura found a good solution there for schierke being able to hold back guts without the appearance of the moonlight child.
but how is she going to go back to her real body? knotty situation, indeed.

i'd like to see how the troops of the holy see are dealing with the attack so far.
there are so many armies gathered in vritannis, that they can't simply be overrun... even if the number of daka is as large as we can assume for now.
especially with azan in the middle of it, this would be an intersting side-scenario to guts' party fighting their way to rodericks ship.
but most likely miura will show these things soon enough and i'm just to impatient.

i also wonder if this large amount of makara was staying at the harbour anyways or if daiba already sensed guts' group and tries to corner them(unlikely but possible).
Rock Concert Manual #237:
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Offline Razephon

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new here so I was wondering when this will be translated in english ?  :guts:

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »

hello, razephon... welcome to the sk-net board.

before you ask for a translation in your first post here, i suggest you take a closer look at the different board-sections and the faq. ;)

there's already a translation in the translation-section.
Rock Concert Manual #237:
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Offline dylec

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2006, 06:27:43 PM »
Heh, this is quite pleasant surprise. Nice ep.
Seems like the armor is the star of the episode this time. ;D

Offline QUeeN typhonblue

• SKuLL LoRD Supreme Ho
  • Of the Interstice
  • Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »
Perhaps Schierke is providing some additional power + control to Guts in his current form.

It does seem like he's doing a lot better with killing the Makara. Dispatching half a dozen so quickly and all. Seemed like the last time the beast killed a Makara it took a bit more out of him.

I wonder if Schierke will be witness to a flashback or two?

Blink, and you almost miss the yaoi in Berserk!

Who Watches that Yaoi Stuff Anyway?

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2006, 12:46:40 AM »
It does seem like he's doing a lot better with killing the Makara. Dispatching half a dozen so quickly and all. Seemed like the last time the beast killed a Makara it took a bit more out of him.

But when he fought the lone makara on the beach earlier, he hadn't recovered as much from the wounds he received from the battle at Flora's house.  I'm not saying that Schierke's astral body's presence isn't affecting Guts in a positive way, I just think the rest he got before heading out to the ball after Farnese is helping, too.

Offline C

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2006, 01:02:30 AM »
YAY! I finally got to read it. After my jig around the house, it was quite Excellent. Thank you.   :serpico:

- C

Offline Vaxillus

• Of the Interstice
  • The one and only severed head
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »
Quite an impressive episode.  Can't wait till march 10th.  At least it'll give me some time to catch up on my backlog of colorations.  God I'm lazy.

Offline Mista_B

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2006, 03:59:06 AM »
I'd also say it's significant that Schierke is shown to be in Guts' right (blind) eye.

Makes me go "hmm..." and "woah..."

Offline dylec

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2006, 07:44:58 PM »
I'd also say it's significant that Schierke is shown to be in Guts' right (blind) eye.
Heh, it can be symbolic, but I think Schierke being in Guts' blind eye is more than a coincident. ;)

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2006, 02:34:03 AM »
OMG! Pages 10-11! Some nice artwork this episode. Thank you Bakou!
Welcome to the boards Razephon!

Offline avi

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »
Only for you, from Berserk Chronicles, the preview of the episode 270. By Puccio :guts:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:24:07 PM by avi »

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
hehe... pretty funny stuff.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Rickert

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2006, 02:56:30 PM »
funny AND dope avi! :void:

on topic: I'ts a long time ago I had so much fun reading a new episode.
Some frames really posses so much power and motion, it's incredible; when you try to draw from Miura's artwork as reference you're just amazed how he gets all the detail and forms just fitting in place (100%). damn...

Once again; ... respect to  :miura: (holds minute silence)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:01:25 PM by Rickert »

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2006, 04:36:34 PM »
Only for you, from Berserk Chronicles, the preview of the episode 270. By Puccio :guts:

Awww, I was kind of hoping they messed up a few times before getting it right.  Oh well.  Who knew Gutschierke would prefer the staff to the Dragon Slayer. :void:

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
Hahaha! Nice :badbone: