Postcard Book

gaetano125

Kookoo-kachoo
I can't apologize enough if this discussion has already arisen, but...

Is it just me, or did most of the best illustrations from the War Cry postcard book get skipped over for cover designs? I mean, looking through it, the art on pages 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, 16, 20, 22, and 25 are all FAR superior to some of the ones that made the tankobon covers...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Postcard book doesn't have numbered pages, since they're... postcards. Describing them would have been more helpful. Apart from that, I like some of these illustrations enough to think they would have made good covers, but a good amount of those you listed are unsuitable to my eyes. And I don't think they're "the best" or "far superior" to some others. So overall I can't say I agree with you.

Also, you seem to be mistaken about the creation process for these illustrations. The War Cry postcard book was released at the end of August 1998, the cover illustrations that are featured in it were created before its publication, years earlier in some cases. The only volume for which the cover could have possibly been changed at the time is 16.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I like the Wary Cry Postcard book a lot! Totally worth the twenty dollars I spent on it, but I think they went with the right choices as far as the Manga volumes are concerned,

Top Bottom