Transformers the movie in 2006

Dreamworks and Paramount Pictures are combining forces with Hasbro to bring the live-action Transformers movie to the world in 2006. Steven Speilberg is attached as Executive Producer, with Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("Constantine"), Tom Desanto (X-Men & X2), and Don Murphy ("League of Extrodinary Gentlemen") as producers.

More info available at TFW2005 and Transfandom

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Now that'll be interesting... I wonder if they're gonna go for the oldschool "looks like real vehicles" or if there gonna make them just resemble real stuff like in the more recent shows.

The old transformers were only "believable" cause the vehicles they were based on lost detail as they were drawn. Go look at a semi, the part that you attach the trailer to, and tell me that would look decent if "transformed" into legs...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I'ved been reading about this quite some time now... I must say I am intrigued...
although I really can't imagine transformers on a live action movie :-\

I've seen enough good fan made 3D Transformers and shorts to think that this has a lot of potential. Although I'm really skeptical about some of the people involved.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
If you don't like A.I. the you don't like your mother!!!! ;D :p

seriously...Spielberg was the pioneer of film making...yet I think he's been overrated for the past few years...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Sorry if digging this back up 'causes heartburn for our mods...

I don't see why it would, since it's justified. :guts: The test footage looks Ok anyway, definitely not too bad.

Ahhh got the link working so forget what I said before. Anyways the footage looks pretty decent but honestly it could look like Optimus Prime was gonna step out of the screen and was gonna beat me up but it doesnt negate the fact that Michael Bay is directing this. I wonder how many tinted views of a slow motion American flag are going to be in this flick? I say 3.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
HawaiianStallion said:
Ahhh got the link working so forget what I said before. Anyways the footage looks pretty decent but honestly it could look like Optimus Prime was gonna step out of the screen and was gonna beat me up but it doesnt negate the fact that Michael Bay is directing this. I wonder how many tinted views of a slow motion American flag are going to be in this flick? I say 3.

Displaying the American flag in films was not an option back in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Michael Bay had to pay a fee for showing the flag filled with bullet holes in Pearl Harbor. Along side with those movies that showed anything negative that had to do with the flag, including burnings or even touching the ground.

Ah yes. TFTM Live action version, I am a loyal Transformers fan and I will definetly look forward to this movie.

as long as this movie stays true and loyal to the G1 story and dosnt fuck it up

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
TRANSFORMERS! hey, I'm really excited about this, I was a huge fan of transformers as a kid. A couple years ago I rewatched the movie with a couple buddies of mine for old times sake. This movie has the potential to be pretty cool. Yeah, but I want it to stay true to the G1 storyline as well. . . well at least for the most part.

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Oh just so everyone knows, the footage is fake.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22178

Well if Michael Bay says so... :schierke:

For an amatuer level vid its pretty good, not to mention they did a lot to make it look like a test shot.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
What he say his name was?

20.jpg

Top Bottom