Need help with an image

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to your work, Th3Branded0ne, but I could not stand seeing this pic with this horrible line between up and down parts.

So I tried to give back the original image aspect.

Here it is, sorry for the picture weight. (about 170 ko)

berserkillucleaned1fz.jpg

I re painted details and shadows, adjusted contrast/lighting and sharpen aspect. Took about 45 min.
edit : mh, I may change the little casca part, I think it's quite different (more compact)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Grorum said:
No offense to your work, Th3Branded0ne, but I could not stand seeing this pic with this horrible line between up and down parts.

So I tried to give back the original image aspect.

Here it is, sorry for the picture weight. (about 170 ko)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4796/berserkillucleaned1fz.jpg

I re painted details and shadows, adjusted contrast/lighting and sharpen aspect. Took about 45 min.
edit : mh, I may change the little casca part, I think it's quite different (more compact)

No offense to YOUR work, Grorum, but I could not stand seeing such imperfection.

So I redrew the entire thing myself:
grorum_fixed.jpg

I took the liberty of adjusting the contrast to pure red and white and fixing the original line work. You guys are welcome.

But seriously, there is still a big white line at the top left of the page. And you've changed the original painting (a big no no in image fixing) on places like Casca's hood. The contrast is way too high now.

I tried to help, man.
I know there are some major skill in so many fuckers anywhere in the world, but heh, I do not mind.
Help another guy, instead of lose your time saying stupid things. that's the clue, dude.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Grorum said:
I tried to help, man.
I know there are some major skill in so many fuckers anywhere in the world, but heh, I do not mind.
Help another guy, instead of lose your time saying stupid things. that's the clue, dude.

Not a big fan of sarcasm, are we?

But we digress, lets get back to what I said in my post:

CnC said:
But seriously, there is still a big white line at the top left of the page. And you've changed the original painting (a big no no in image fixing) on places like Casca's hood. The contrast is way too high now.

The first two points are a criticism of both yours and Th3BrandedOne's attempts at fixing the image. The third point was all yours.

If you're having problems comprehending the conversation or accepting criticism, please refrain from posting altogether. Thanks.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Yeah, accepting criticism is how you manage to become better, since you cannot see everything in a picture. Cnc thank you for your help, I guess other people have a hard time with it......

blahblahblah
I post If I want to, regarding the net posting rules, not the CnC posting rules.

I accept criticism when It's a personnal work, in this case it was to help somebody to obtain a better result. Yes I changed the contrast because it's really better like that, I think you know, master, that's a color scanned is like a pullover red washed ten time (so, orange).

It is NOT professionnal work, but as a fan I take the time to make something better.

N.B : my english is really bad, guess I may misunderstood some argue.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Grorum said:
blahblahblah
I post If I want to, regarding the net posting rules, not the CnC posting rules.

You'll post in accordance to Forum Rules, or not post at all. And when you post you'll do so in a civil and constructive way, please.

Grorum said:
I accept criticism when It's a personnal work, in this case it was to help somebody to obtain a better result. Yes I changed the contrast because it's really better like that, I think you know, master, that's a color scanned is like a pullover red washed ten time (so, orange).

Had to think about your analogy (it isn't exactly coherant) a bit, but if I read you right you're comparing the act of scanning to washing clothes repeatedly?
If so, it depends on the scanner. Theres a difference between compensating for for a loss of contrast (there was a little) and crushing the blacks ('cause from my calibrated monitor thats what you did - in darker areas like around Guts' eye, his cape, etc.) is going too far with it.

Grorum said:
It is NOT professionnal work, but as a fan I take the time to make something better.

I'm well aware how unprofessional your contributions thus far have been.
And its on that claim that you made the picture better you'll be critiqued. Like what was already stated, my main problems consist of:
-crushing the blacks when you boosted the contrast too much.
-repainting areas not in the original painting (Casca's hood and knot)
-theres still a very noticeable white line going through the top left corner of the painting

You've dragged this subject on long enough, Chiba's original request has been filled. Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom