MBR Volumes

I was wondering if anyone bought the new republication volumes. I am missing most of the early Berserk books and I think of buying the new release. I wanted to know whether the rumors about the color pages from volume 1 were confirmed in the actual thing and your general impressions about the releases before I spent my hard earned cash on them.

In case of 'lurk more':
I read all the info posted by Aazealh in the 285 thread, used the forum search and checked the YA site (but I wouldn't trust my Japanese skills).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I'm buying them all. There were no "rumors" about color pages, it was always official information and it happened exactly like I said it would the first time. Not all the original color pages are reproduced (unfortunately), but those I mentioned in my posts are. Other than that there are some pretty cool color illustrations in each volume (usually a few pages at the beginning). The general quality is fairly decent as far as I'm concerned, but the covers are magazine-quality, so far below the tankoubon's. I also think they require more careful handling than the standard volumes if one expects them to stand the test of time.

Additionally, you have to keep in mind that this edition will likely not be reprinted and that the first volumes are already hard to find, not to mention that they're only available through convenience stores and aren't sold in libraries. So if you want them, hurry up.

Aaaargh! And I already spent so much this month on comics.
Well, I guess I don't have to eat that much anyway. :chomp:
Thanks for the information Aazealh.

Top Bottom