Futurama: Bender's Big Score

It' a bit old since it came out in November. I found it pretty funny, and I specially like how it managed
the time travels
and wrapped out everything at the end. Perhaps not at the top of the game yet, but definitely a good start.

Has someone else seen it?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea I got it when it came out. It doesn't quite hit the same level of funny that the original series had (mostly, I bet, because I was hyped for it), but it managed to be very enjoyable throughout. Some really golden moments in it.

I didn't think the idea of the scammer species was introduced well (felt like a pre-dot-com crash/aol story). The whole thing took a while to get going but by the middle of it I really started liking it.

Really liked Al Gore as a cabby. :ganishka:

I'll be sure to check out the next one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I saw it when it came out and I liked it. I felt to me more like a big "Hey Futurama is back, remember this guy? And this guy? And this one? And this other one?" than anything else, but it was still good enough. Hopefully the new stuff will move on into greatness.

Yep, saw it and enjoyed.

I find Futurama is not the funniest animation series around, and I didn't really lol much while watching the movie. Something like Family Guy will often make me laugh more openly in that respect, but Family Guy was never as clever, interesting or well thought out. So for me Futurama has a longer lasting enjoyment in that sense.

I was a little apprehensive, and the Simpsons movie (ugh) didn't help ease the feeling, but I'm glad it maintained the quality of the original series. You can tell a huge amount of time and effort was put into it, I look forward to seeing the next movie whenever it's released.

I liked it, it wasn't as good as I hoped it to be but still decent. They did try hard but IMHO crammed to many things/chars. in it for it to work properly, guess the whole two year brake made it too "introductionary" (if that's even a word!). Still, here's hoping that the other movies they are planning turn out better!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Damn, I forgot to make the topic in November! I really liked it, and while not as funny as where they left off it still managed to entertain. They really managed to squeeze everyone into it, maybe the next one will be better since this movie was very "reintroductionary".
"To the manditorium!"

Top Bottom