Wonder Festival 2008 [03.08.2008]

Hi dear Berserk Fans,

Just saw that this summers Wonder Festival is coming soon on 03.08.2008 : http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/index.html

But how can i see what products [Berserk but also other kits] are available for sale there?

I would love to get some kits, hope you guys can help me out!

thanks very much!

HITReza said:
Just saw that this summers Wonder Festival is coming soon on 03.08.2008 : http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/index.html

But how can i see what products [Berserk but also other kits] are available for sale there?

I would love to get some kits, hope you guys can help me out!

Hey there, HIT. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to see what Berserk kits (or other kits for that matter) will be at WF, at least not that I know of. The only way really is if you go to the list of vendors, and then look up their own personal website to see what they have.

IF ONLY WE LIVED IN JAPAN! ~sigh~

DirectDK said:
Hey there, HIT. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to see what Berserk kits (or other kits for that matter) will be at WF, at least not that I know of. The only way really is if you go to the list of vendors, and then look up their own personal website to see what they have.

IF ONLY WE LIVED IN JAPAN! ~sigh~

thanks!!

havent found anything on their homepage :(

Do you think there will be some kits from Wonderfest on sale on Yahoo.jp?

Best thing to do HIT is to keep an eye on the galleries that flood the net after each festival. . . . . Wonderfest and Hobby Complex are the main festivals and keep in mind they hold more than one per year. Dannychoo keeps great galleries. Berserk isn't as popular on the kit front as it used to be . . . . . I saw the beautiful Headlong Grunbeld bust when I was at the last WHF held earlier this year and since then I've only seen a Pinky style Guts.

a171002tt8.jpg

fiathriel said:
Berserk isn't as popular on the kit front as it used to be . . . . . I saw the beautiful Headlong Grunbeld bust when I was at the last WHF held earlier this year and since then I've only seen a Pinky style Guts.

Hey there fiathriel! I should visit the HF forums again. It's been a while =P. Anyhow, thanks for the pic of the Pinky style Guts. It's pretty cute. I don't think I've ever seen a Pinky style figure covered in blood though. :guts: Haha, nice! I would pick one of those up for sure if I saw it on YJ.

And, unfortunately, it's very true what you say about Berserk and kits. I remember 3-4 years ago, after every Wonder Festival, or World Hobby Festival, I would always see a handful of new kits pop up on YJ. It was always so apparent that some Festival must have just passed simply by browsing YJ's Berserk auctions. But now, maybe 2-3 new Berserk kits pop up each year! SO SAD!! At this last WF, the only new Berserk kit I saw was a really cool Griffith MF Bust (a different one than the Megatech one from a few years ago). But yet, I still haven't seen it on YJ more than once, and that one time I saw it the auction ended early and I didn't get a chance to even bid.

Do you have any idea why the Berserk market has fell over there in Japan? I mean, has Berserk lost popularity? Because the manga's been running for years, it wouldn't make sense that now it's started to lose popularity. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the PS2 game 3-4 years back gave Berserk a bump in interest / awareness, but that's it. Even a handful of AOW resin statues seem to be selling for less on YJ nowadays.

Of course, I'm not saying the Berserk figure / merchandise world is directly related to how well the manga is selling, but it's definitely something I noticed...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
The only thing that I can think of is maybe the PS2 game 3-4 years back gave Berserk a bump in interest / awareness, but that's it.

It certainly didn't sell enough for that. To me it's simply that after a few years of focus on it some artists have decided to do other things.

Top Bottom