Author Topic: Theoden's 3D Sculpts  (Read 42601 times)

Offline asic

Re: Theoden's 3D Sculpts
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2015, 10:17:35 AM »
Damn that's good. Amazing likeness, well done!  :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
Easily among the best merchandize ever produced. If Hakusensha weren't so finicky I'd suggest you try and become an official partner.

Offline Lithrael

• Of the Nexus
  • Remember, always hold your apple tight
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »
Agreed w/ these guys, this is top notch, looking forward to seeing it painted!

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2015, 03:31:38 PM »
Those are really great. :guts:

Offline Theoden

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2015, 01:11:24 PM »
Damn that's good. Amazing likeness, well done!  :ubik:

Thank you! It's been a very long way to reach this progress.

Easily among the best merchandize ever produced. If Hakusensha weren't so finicky I'd suggest you try and become an official partner.

I'm seriously considering it. I started working on another important character... I think people will like it.

Agreed w/ these guys, this is top notch, looking forward to seeing it painted!

Thank you! It's on the way.

Those are really great. :guts:

Thank you!

Things are a bit slow at the moment, but soon things should go very fast.

Offline Theoden

« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »
Had some time to work on this guy... Really fun to sculpt this character. Always interesting to play with the shapes.

It's amazing to see he bears similarities with Zodd and yet he's really different. Reading again the manga, and didn't remember how big he was... I wonder If he could have been a serious threat to Zodd If he hadn't been severely wounded by Guts right before his execution.

Anyways, here is another render of my Guts on the seahorse. A few things to improve but it's almost finished.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2015, 09:51:58 PM »
I wonder If he could have been a serious threat to Zodd If he hadn't been severely wounded by Guts right before his execution.

...Nah. Zodd towers above simple brutes like Wyald.

P.S. His motto is "Enjoy & Exciting".

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Of the Vortex
  • Is it future, or is it past?
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2015, 11:09:49 PM »
Had some time to work on this guy... Really fun to sculpt this character. Always interesting to play with the shapes.

Awesome work! It does look like you had a good time with it. :guts: His expression looks really natural, and his fuzzy friend's "expression" is cracking me up. :ganishka:

Anyways, here is another render of my Guts on the seahorse. A few things to improve but it's almost finished.

Looks great, I think the more atmospheric lighting you chose for this rendering does justice to all of your hard work in sculpting the details in the muscle and fabric. :carcus:

Offline Theoden

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2015, 06:04:49 AM »
...Nah. Zodd towers above simple brutes like Wyald.

P.S. His motto is "Enjoy & Exciting".

I believe you're right, I just thought that in matter of brute force wyald is probably superior (?)

I was looking for his motto, without any errors so thank you!

Awesome work! It does look like you had a good time with it. :guts: His expression looks really natural, and his fuzzy friend's "expression" is cracking me up. :ganishka:

Looks great, I think the more atmospheric lighting you chose for this rendering does justice to all of your hard work in sculpting the details in the muscle and fabric. :carcus:

Thank you Grail. His dog gave me some hard time to do since I didn't use automatic symetry, which is why it's draft like that.. But it's always good for practice. I really want to complete at least his portrait (was working on the rough I made with Guts strangling him but didn't get enough time).

About the lighting and other on Guts it's really thanks to luck  :carcus: I really need to take lessons on lighting and rendering...

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2015, 03:46:54 PM »
I believe you're right, I just thought that in matter of brute force wyald is probably superior (?)

Haha no way man, Zodd is unstoppable, he went through a stone wall in volume 22, destroying Godot's cave in the process, and that barely gave him pause. He would have ripped Wyald apart, like a tiger mangling a baboon.

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
Haha no way man, Zodd is unstoppable, he went through a stone wall in volume 22, destroying Godot's cave in the process, and that barely gave him pause. He would have ripped Wyald apart, like a tiger mangling a baboon.

Did I hear baboon?  :ganishka:  :slan:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »
Did I hear baboon?  :ganishka:  :slan:

I knew that would get to you! :zodd:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2015, 07:08:04 PM »
I knew that would get to you! :zodd:

Well the door was wide open for me... now to see Rakshas sloth form soon...  :ganishka:

But seriously good work Theoden! I myself could never be good with computer graphics. Keep up the good work.

Offline JMP

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »
I just can't get over the level of detail you're able to get on these, even down to the grain of the wood on the beams of the ship. They look awesome!  :ubik:
A good sword, even if it rusts and dulls, has good steel that never rusts left over in the wick. That steel's the ultimate steel. Even if it cracks, if you return it to the fire, it's sure to be reborn. - Godot

Offline Theoden

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »

You're actually right, I didn't think about that. But still, just what Wyald did with the trunks... I'm not sure about the baboon, isn't Wyald closer to a gorilla? If Zodd is a tiger, a gorilla should be a good match for him. But I think the main difference is the ferocity of Zodd and pure rage, while using refined warrior skills ( at least when he's not transformed ). Wyald doesn't seem to care about such things ( fighting with a wooden branch...  :ganishka: )
Plus, a Golden Age Guts wounded to death an apostle Wyald, while I'm not sure Guts could have harmed the same way Zodd...

Well the door was wide open for me... now to see Rakshas sloth form soon...  :ganishka:

But seriously good work Theoden! I myself could never be good with computer graphics. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! Well it's like everything, we all suck and then by spending countless hours we improve...

I just can't get over the level of detail you're able to get on these, even down to the grain of the wood on the beams of the ship. They look awesome!  :ubik:

Thank you! I'm glad there are other detail freaks here  :SK: and as you probably saw some of the wood grain and other parts need some rework (hand & knots bandages ) ... I'm on it.
Talking about the Ship, I originally had in mind sculpting some pieces on the outside of the wooden planks but I have no Idea what they are and I'm lacking reference material...

Anyways, I made two more 3D renders, close ups for details lovers like me  :serpico: who knows, it can also serve as wallpaper  :carcus:
Enjoy!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »
You're actually right, I didn't think about that. But still, just what Wyald did with the trunks... I'm not sure about the baboon, isn't Wyald closer to a gorilla? If Zodd is a tiger, a gorilla should be a good match for him.  But I think the main difference is the ferocity of Zodd and pure rage, while using refined warrior skills ( at least when he's not transformed ). Wyald doesn't seem to care about such things ( fighting with a wooden branch...)
Plus, a Golden Age Guts wounded to death an apostle Wyald, while I'm not sure Guts could have harmed the same way Zodd...

Really, all I meant was that Zodd would slaughter Wyald, I wasn't trying to pinpoint what ape he's most similar to. There are many reasons for Zodd's superiority, be it his fighting skills, his brute strength, his regenerative abilities or his ferocity in battle. I don't want to dwell on this, but I think the portrayal of both characters in the series makes it abundantly clear how big of a gap there is between them.

Offline JMP

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »
Anyways, I made two more 3D renders, close ups for details lovers like me  :serpico: who knows, it can also serve as wallpaper  :carcus:
Enjoy!
Thanks! I definitely appreciate the attention to detail! On that subject, I like what you did with the texture on Guts' cloak, too.  :serpico:
A good sword, even if it rusts and dulls, has good steel that never rusts left over in the wick. That steel's the ultimate steel. Even if it cracks, if you return it to the fire, it's sure to be reborn. - Godot

Offline Blade of the Berserker

« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2015, 09:11:25 PM »
Any chance you'd want to see these in bronze or aluminum? I'm into casting metal and I think these would be very easy to make molds with.

Offline Theoden

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2015, 04:46:53 PM »
Thanks! I definitely appreciate the attention to detail! On that subject, I like what you did with the texture on Guts' cloak, too.  :serpico:

Thank you. I think that's the kind of detail which makes a difference. I also believe it would be a crime not to do this kind of thing since it's inspired by such detailed artworks as well.

Any chance you'd want to see these in bronze or aluminum? I'm into casting metal and I think these would be very easy to make molds with.

That's a nice Idea and I've been also thinking about it myself. I will release my first statue and I will see for everything else. Tomorrow will be a big day regarding this matter!

Anyway, reading the last 2 episodes I couldn't help myself but to start a Tarpasa... They are so badass.... !!!  :guts:

Offline Rezin

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »
Looks great so far!
Have you thought about making Silat as well?
It would be really cool to see scenes like this recreated.
http://imgur.com/oqXVnHE

Offline Theoden

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
Looks great so far!
Have you thought about making Silat as well?
It would be really cool to see scenes like this recreated.
http://imgur.com/oqXVnHE

Thank you Rezin. Yes I've thought about it  :serpico: but... At first it was supposed to be a speed sketch, of the head.. Then I wanted to make the full body...So I will stop for now on this since I got way too many things I must finish first..
I'm currently working on my second bust. It's still very draft and this will be the most challenging character for me.

Offline JMP

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »
The Tapasa looks great! Now can you make one that's smiling? Just joking.  :slan: Also I think you managed to make Griffith look quite predatory and sinister. Wonderful job!  :ubik:

Offline Rezin

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »
Thank you Rezin. Yes I've thought about it  :serpico: but... At first it was supposed to be a speed sketch, of the head.. Then I wanted to make the full body...So I will stop for now on this since I got way too many things I must finish first..
I'm currently working on my second bust. It's still very draft and this will be the most challenging character for me.
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, looking forward to seeing what other characters you decide to create.
Good luck with Griffith, I'm sure crafting that armor of his will be a worthy challenge!  :griffnotevil:

Offline Theoden

« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »
The Tapasa looks great! Now can you make one that's smiling? Just joking.  :slan: Also I think you managed to make Griffith look quite predatory and sinister. Wonderful job!  :ubik:

Haha don't tempt me !! But that wouldn't take too long to make.. Why not, in the next few days  :ganishka:
Yes, you're right. Probably too much predatory and too much sinister. I will correct that.
Thank you!!  :slan:

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, looking forward to seeing what other characters you decide to create.
Good luck with Griffith, I'm sure crafting that armor of his will be a worthy challenge!  :griffnotevil:

Oh yes... Got more than 10 sculptures to finish and print... Still a lot of work to do with very few free time.
The armor isn't the problem, I think his face is the hardest part, and his hair... My god they will take so much time haha. But that's what makes him such a great character too !  :guts:

I almost forgot, probably the emotion... I've been waiting for a VERY LONG time this prototype v2 of my bust... Here it is !!
Ta-dam !!  :carcus:

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
That's incredible, man.

You would make so much money if you were able to sell that Guts bust...  :beast:
:femto: :slan: :ubik: