Theoden's 3D Sculpts

Hi everyone.
Since I raise my skills of 3D digital imaging, I always wanted to do some 3D sculpts about berserk characters, and so I finally began to do it. I do not seek to do only a sculpt, but an animation of these character ( that's why all my sculpts are prepared for animations, just the setup must be done and texturing ). It is a project that will surely take severals years but be sure i'll make it.

no more talk, there my first character, work in progress of zodd the immortal.

1223656490_zodd01 copy.jpg

1223657003_zodd02 copy.jpg

1223657030_zodd03 copy.jpg

1223657054_zodd05 copy.jpg

1223657070_zodd04 copy.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 3D Zodd sculpt and other stuff

Hey man, I have to say this looks quite good so far. Please keep us posted! :serpico:

I'm still on it... anyway, I'll put other stuff, berserk or not related...
see you

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start

Look good! You got a really good start to go with. Looks like you got a firm grasp on anatomy and what "works". What other characters are you going to create?

Other than that, I'd suggest that before you go about refining all shapes that you look at some of the pinching you got going on. The muscles and flesh that connect from the cheek bone to the mouth area, the separating area in the trapezius muscles, brows, as well as the edge of the latissimus dorsi are good places to start I think (just examples to get across what I'm trying to say I guess). The biceps could flow a bit better over the arm. Also, the overlaying support muscles over the latissimus almost seem non-extinct/deflated, next to the trapezius as it is now. The definition around the abs, external obliques and pectorals might be a bit much, as they clash with the more softer built parts of his body.

Overall, I guess you could say that the mesh would benefit from having more flow in it's structure, rather than being overly tightened up. Naturally, pinching is good, in the right places, such as around the serratus muscles, fore arms, lower legs and neck for example, where a lot tendons are visible.

Looking forward to seeing more. Would be awesome to see someone model Serpico, or maybe Griffith (HINT HINT!).

thanks.
Anyway, I have to say I globally see what you means, but since i'm french I did not understood all what you mean, sorry :???:...

I'm gonna post here other stuff i did or WIP, berserk or not related...

a barman research character for example :
1223813008_ZBrush Document copy.jpg

1223813031_ZBrush Document3 copy.jpg

1223813061_ZBrush Document4 copy.jpg

G

Gangstap

Fuckin ridiculous, I love it! Way to go, i so envy you. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Pretty good stuff you've got there. You seem to be a talented drawer/painter. Did you actually color the horse's musculature with chalk?

Hey guyz ! thanks to your kind comments :serpico:
Actually, Aazealh, it is not chalk on right horse, just added some more contrast on photoshop because as you can see on the left drawing we don't see many details and contrast :miura: .

Anyway, other stuff, still work in progress ( only the ratman and troll, the " poilu " is finished )

http://fr.youtube.com/v/A09dwWsJGTo
http://www.wideo.fr/p/fr/iLyROoafYDym.html

For the troll I want to make my own troll from the lord of the rings universe, I think this is actually the best trolls of all universes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

showguynie said:
Actually, Aazealh, it is not chalk on right horse, just added some more contrast on photoshop because as you can see on the left drawing we don't see many details and contrast

Ah, alright. I was wondering. :serpico:

showguynie said:
For the troll I want to make my own troll from the lord of the rings universe, I think this is actually the best trolls of all universes.

I respectfully disagree. :p Besides, the trolls in the LOTR movies aren't that faithful to Tolkien's depiction.

Proj2501 said:
Very, very nicely done pieces! Do you do any freelance work on this side?

deathbybears : thank you :void:

Proj2501 : thanks too ^^ :carcus: For now I am still in my school of digital imaging, so i'm not in freelance yet, it is just the way I like to spend my time ( I know it's weird lol )...

Anyway, I began a new zodd cause I had some trouble with the previous mesh.
here it is, still work in progress :

I think I will do setup during the next month, so maybe in one month I am gonna have some animation ( actually it's quite sure ), but I don't know if I will get the simulation of real system muscle that I am learning, but it would be great, because it really adds incredible realism in the animation.

A little update, after remaking 10 000 versions of Zodd... Here is a work in progress, this time I'm sure it will be the final model lol

so, tell me you think :

1245108295_01 copy.jpg

1245108470_02 copy.jpg

nice work on the zodd model and paintings showguynie
I''m curious, what software did you use to model zodd? is it poly modeled or sculpted in zbrush/mudbox? doesent look poly modeled
hope to see more updates on your work :carcus:

cryo said:
nice work on the zodd model and paintings showguynie
I''m curious, what software did you use to model zodd? is it poly modeled or sculpted in zbrush/mudbox? doesent look poly modeled
hope to see more updates on your work :carcus:

Thanks cryo. Actually the Zodd model was done in maya and Zbrush, low poly in maya ( better control of topology mesh to my opinion than Zbrush ) and High poly in Zbrush.
It's a very simple software, need some times to adapt but it changed totally the way I work with CG models...
Mudbox isn't as cool, except for rendering options ( and if you work on maya so it's easier ), but in August, new release of Zbrush that will make Mudbox totally useless lol.

I am spending my full free time to Zodd, so I should finish him very soon.
CSS : Thanks man.

I'm really impressed by your work, you must be professional! Amongst all that refined work, I loved the comic-booky sketch of Guts you did the most for some reason. It looks like an American comic (style) artist took a crack at drawing him, and it's a nice look in my opinion.

Thanks spineylamb.

Actually I'm not a professionnal yet, I am just finishing my CG studies :carcus:.

Anyway, I just finished my Zodd. Tell me what you think about it.

ps : am I able to get the aaz stamp too ? x)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

showguynie said:
ps : am I able to get the aaz stamp too ? x)

Well, his head looks a bit small, doesn't it? :zodd:

Ah well, here you go anyway:

Seal_of_Approval.gif

You've posted some great works in this thread, so you've earned it. :SK:

still needs a bit more work though, on the loincloth especially, looks like it's floating,and legs look a bit funny too otherwise, nice work man!

Top Bottom