Jiniyas' Fanarts & master studies

Hey, guys, long time no see.
I just wanted to drop by and share this Berserk x Deadspace crossover fanart i did recently. The berserker armor and isac's suit seem so similar and cool to me that i just had to draw it.
347419503_276951031565400_1490962642797392827_n.jpg

Slan seranading Gutts with a song.
I dont know why i made this. But I did. And so it is here.
439253989_467661245827710_324874021655914843_n.jpg
slan-singing-song-for-gutts.jpg

Last edited:
WIP
Guess who and who?
Quick question - Do you buy berserk fanarts/merch? And if you do, what do you look for in the merch/fanart and the one selling it?
I'm thinking of doing some high quality original berserk inked fanarts and stuff, and wanted to guess what the interest of the fandom is in those kinds of things.

jda-artTEMPLATE.jpg

Quick question - Do you buy berserk fanarts/merch? And if you do, what do you look for in the merch/fanart and the one selling it?
I'm thinking of doing some high quality original berserk inked fanarts and stuff, and wanted to guess what the interest of the fandom is in those kinds of things.

I buy some merchandise, but I would never buy any Berserk artwork that is not from Kentarou Miura, I just don't see the point.

I buy some merchandise, but I would never buy any Berserk artwork that is not from Kentarou Miura, I just don't see the point.
That is very interesting. Just one more question. Can you elaborate on you why you aren't interested in buying berserk illustrations that aren't from miura? What if they were just as well rendered?

That is very interesting. Just one more question. Can you elaborate on you why you aren't interested in buying berserk illustrations that aren't from miura? What if they were just as well rendered?

Isn't it obvious? He's the author. "Berserk" is simply Kentarou Miura's ideas put on the page through Kentarou Miura's artwork.

It seems strange having to explain this, but the connection of the artist to the material matters. Whatever Miura drew of Berserk was inherently authentic, whereas anything else is just an interpretation, and therefore of lesser value. And that goes beyond the style and technique. If I went to someone's place and saw an illustration of Guts smirking while grabbing Slan's ass (your recent WIP), I would genuinely ask them whether they've read the series, because it's not at all faithful to its spirit.

And to be clear, this isn't exclusive to Berserk. A drawing of Monkey D. Luffy by Eiichirō Oda is inherently more valuable to me than one by somebody else. Of course, there are exceptions and nuances to this (e.g. another great artist doing an homage), but as a rule of thumb it's not really debatable.

As @Aazealh mentioned, I probably wouldn't buy any art aside from Miura's—keyword being "probably." If a piece of art or an image resonates with me deeply, I'd consider it, but that's quite unlikely. Not impossible, though. I imagine many people here on this forum feel similarly, so don't be discouraged.

Also (again, please don't be discouraged): the last thing I'd ever buy is art of Guts holding someone's ass. For me personally, that really misses the mark. More than that actually.

Edit: We actually had a small chat a few days back about fanart, specifically this one here: https://www.sandrarush.com/product/fantasia/
To sum up the general consense: "It's nice" - but noone bought it. I too thought it was very well made, yet I'd never buy it.

Last edited:
As @Aazealh mentioned, I probably wouldn't buy any art aside from Miura's—keyword being "probably." If a piece of art or an image resonates with me deeply, I'd consider it, but that's quite unlikely. Not impossible, though. I imagine many people here on this forum feel similarly, so don't be discouraged.

Also (again, please don't be discouraged): the last thing I'd ever buy is art of Guts holding someone's ass. For me personally, that really misses the mark. More than that actually.

Edit: We actually had a small chat a few days back about fanart, specifically this one here: https://www.sandrarush.com/product/fantasia/
To sum up the general consense: "It's nice" - but noone bought it. I too thought it was very well made, yet I'd never buy it.
- If i got discouraged this easily, i wouldnt make it in the business. lol So no worries. Hard truths are preferrable to a false reality.
I've seen artists like Maya Panda, Annatofinnastark, Sandrarush, and some others sell berserk illustrations. I've been asked for originals and prints of what i've made in the past, but I didnt have anything setup for it, so it went nowhere. I'm figuring it out now.

- Oh that ass belongs to Slan. lol
I'm doing a "what if gutts accepted Slan's offer to use the behelit" illustration - he never would, but I was just messing around and that idea came to me - and it has potential to look very visually impressive(if i dont mess it up). There's no ill intent towards our favorite struggler.

- I'm in the fb group where Sandra's illusrations are commissioned, and I've seen the opposite. Lots of interest in buying them. Though with bots these days, you can never tell if it is all being orchestrated to create a perception of interest for the potential buyers. No shade towards her, in fact as an artist i hope people are interested in these kind of things.

Thanks for the feedback. It is valuable.

Isn't it obvious? He's the author. "Berserk" is simply Kentarou Miura's ideas put on the page through Kentarou Miura's artwork.

It seems strange having to explain this, but the connection of the artist to the material matters. Whatever Miura drew of Berserk was inherently authentic, whereas anything else is just an interpretation, and therefore of lesser value. And that goes beyond the style and technique. If I went to someone's place and saw an illustration of Guts smirking while grabbing Slan's ass (your recent WIP), I would genuinely ask them whether they've read the series, because it's not at all faithful to its spirit.

And to be clear, this isn't exclusive to Berserk. A drawing of Monkey D. Luffy by Eiichirō Oda is inherently more valuable to me than one by somebody else. Of course, there are exceptions and nuances to this (e.g. another great artist doing an homage), but as a rule of thumb it's not really debatable.
- True that is obvious. I was wondering if there was more to it than that. The interest in merch was valuable info.
- The illustration is a what if kind of thing, as i stated in my previous comment. Gutts is not that kind of person, but the beast of the darkness verision of him could go down that route - though he would kill Slan too, not grab her butt.
- True, that whole authentic drawing from the original artist or a famous artist has plenty of value compared to an unknown one.
Thanks for the feedback. And again, no ill intent towards our boy Gutts here.

You guys have temporarily and partially cured me of horny posting. So I removed the hand on Slan's glorious booty, and while crying copious amount of horny tears, I put a dragonslayer in place. And a little head ornamament named Griffith in Gutts' left hand.
Jokes aside, this feels like a more developed idea than before.
Screenshot 06-03-2024 19.24.58.png

Back