Recent content by Nabeshin

1. N

The definition of causality

You could probably say that the astral realm arises from the conscious thoughts of humans (imagination being one part of that) and that the ideal realm is the offspring of the human subconscious. After all, it's unlikely that humans consciously wished for something like Idea to come into...
  2. N

Future animated Berserk: what would you like included (or excluded)?

It'd probably be best to make a movie based on Lost Children, since it's a self-contained saga that doesn't depend much on outside storylines for its meaning. That and it has some of the most interesting and fun characters in the series (I did it! I nailed the black swordsman!). They'd have...
  3. N

Griffith/Guts

Re:Grifith/Gutts Are there any other examples you can think of? Sure, that scene was drawn out in the anime, but that's the nature of anime compared to manga. They have to stretch out the material from the manga, and in some cases add entirely new stuff (the two extra battles with Adon) to...
  4. N

Griffith...why does he stab through the eye?

The eye is a soft spot, it doesn't spray blood when stabbed, and piercing it will destroy important parts of the brain. I saw a documentary once explaining that hitmen are trained to shoot their victims in the eyes, because it's highly lethal and because there's less blood spray than if you...
  5. N

A fan's opinion of the Universe of Berserk

To put it bluntly, I think Miura's effort to create a coherent fantasy world has been a huge success. The alternate medieval universe in which the story is set strikes a near-perfect balance between the real and the imagined. The mainstream society of Midland looks and feels real, from Jill's...
  6. N

Berserk... it's fun for the whole family!

I think the deal with Eva, Lain and similar series, at least for me, is that they're not substantial enough to pull a person in to the extent that Berserk does. Eva is 26 eps and two movies, and it has neat characters and goes through a lot of cool, interesting concepts, but after those...
  7. N

Cult of Berserk??

Well, if Berserk led him to re-evaluate his beliefs, I can respect it. Back in the 60s, loads of flower children were leaving their traditional Christian trappings behind and getting into communal free love because of Stranger in a Strange Land, and Berserk is at least as good, if not better...
  8. N

God Hand ramblings

Ubik: booya Ubik: AARGH!! Slann: booya to you too! Ubik: bitch you were camping Slann: was not fatass Ubik: u saw didnt u conrad Ubik: second time she killed me by the spawn point Conrad: Ho ho ho Slann: AGH! Ubik: UUGH! Conrad: u faggets Ubik: dickweed, how d u always get to that flak gun...
  9. N

Guts and fate... a question

I don't think the Idea's power is godlike or omnipotent, I was just explaining that viewpoint as part of the case I was making. The Idea's power is subtle and its plans are carried out over ages -- Chapter 83 made that clear -- but it is not to be underestimated. I think the Idea and the God...
  10. N

God Hand ramblings

I was just thinking... has anyone wondered about the symbolism behind the positioning of the God Hands during the Eclipse? Each one takes a different finger on the hand, and I think their placements might reflect on their character. Let's start with... Void: He stands on the thumb, which is...
  11. N

This would be cool, but as you say, there's a lot to keep you from fully believing it. If the Idea is truly all-powerful, all it would have had to do is pull a few subconscious strings and drag Gambino past the tree. And if the God Hand wanted to kill him as the Black Swordsman, they'd only...
  12. N

Okay, everyone says and the characters' comments seem to imply that Guts is fateless, existing outside of human destiny. It's a reasonable thing to think, seeing as escaped the Eclipse, killed many apostles and generally survived what no man should ever have been able to. But is he really in...
  13. N

who is the most realistic character

Figure this is as good a thread as any for my 1st post. Well, from among the options given, I'd have to say Zepec. I was thinking Corkus, but Corkus had a considerable amount of spine -- he may have been cynical, but he was able to withstand a lot during his days in the Hawks and he was pretty...
Top Bottom