Recent content by NCHaskew

1. N

The original cast will return for the English dub of the Memorial Edition

By and large, yes. Corkus' '97 VA retired between the series and movies, but the guy who took over for him is the guy who took over all his other roles. Slan and Ubik were recast, but with very good soundalikes. But ultimately, thank goodness. I don't know if they're reusing the dub from the...
  2. N

What Are You Playing?

Oh yeah, you'd end up spending half that time just waiting to connect to a match, in my experience so far :ganishka:
  3. N

What Are You Playing?

Anyone here playing Evil Dead: The Game? A friend of mine bought me a copy so we could play online together. So far it's been a lot of fun, if a little limited, but man, do I get my ass kicked on the daily.
  4. N

[2022] Berserk: The Golden Age MEMORIAL EDITION

God, I hope it's the OG. Kaiji Tang's Guts was so utterly grating. I don't know what people's thoughts here are on Marc Diraison, but in my opinion, he perfectly captured the balance of introspection and rage in Guts, even with the silliness of 90s anime dubbing.
  5. N

Episode 371

This and @Aazealh's summary for this episode (as well as the rest of the continuation so far) make me question how much the staff of Studio Gaga really absorbed the story while working with Miura. The impression I'm getting now is that they focused on it from a more technical standpoint...
  6. N

It's a little crazy, but not entirely out of left field. You can find bits and pieces of test footage the studio did in later parts of the story: Guts vs. the Holy Iron Chain Knights, Griffith in his Neo Band of the Hawk armor, etc. I can't imagine there's too much more than what's out there on...
  7. N

It's really bad: a flag-topped spear falls from one of the soldiers nearby, Guts grabs it and throws it at Boskone as a distraction, sidesteps and cuts through him and his horse. His sword never breaks, and they have a really awkward shot of him slamming the sword down and there's clearly...
  8. N

I will say, all those face improvements for Guts and Casca are much-appreciated. Although even with the 2D face, the Golden Age Arc films/Memorial Edition Guts looks a little off. Kinda puffier than the manga, like he's been stung by a bee. Still a fan of the trilogy, since it's what brought me...
  9. N

Episode 370

I'm happy that more people are enjoying this continuation. I'm not in that group, but it's nice to see. That said, I need to express some discontent here from my experience of this episode. The art seems to have gone from either mostly bad with occasional good moments or mostly good with...
  10. N

Episode 369

I think we're all agreed that this continuation is not a satisfactory way of continuing Miura's story. But following your comparison, I'd rather have someone describe the ending of Se7en than bring in Joss Whedon to fill in the gaps. Yes it would be "more complete," but it would be less of...
  11. N

Episode 369

Well said. I think this idea of Studio Gaga carrying on Miura's legacy will be more palatable once they move on to their own works. Whether that means they continue on as a team, or each goes on to their own individual stories. Either way, they're in a highly exclusive group of people who got...
  12. N

Episode 369

Hey man, Skull Knight sliced the hell out of those gnawers like a pro. In over 40 volumes, I've never seen such an incredible display of skill and power. I've got like 5 different reaction shots telling me so :schnoz: And we got to hear Danan's favorite lyric from Bohemian Rhapsody ("goodbye...
  13. N

Honestly, as someone who enjoys the films for what they are, I'm still excited for this. Sure, I would've liked a reduction in CGI and more content added (which there could still be), but I already see a shot or two from the original films that look a little touched up. CGI for Bonfire of Dreams...
  14. N

Uncertainty about Berserk's future

That's about all I'd want as well. Let it be a tribute to Berserk and Miura, since the two are utterly inseparable. I don't know, I don't see it being much different from when the prototype episode was included in volume 14. Unless Miura was adamantly against it being made more widely...
  15. N

Old Young Animal Magazines

Thanks for the info, and clarifying the depressing reality :ganishka: I assume the site to get digital editions of Young Animal wouldn't archive that far back, would they?
Top Bottom