Recent content by PENumber2

1. PENumber2

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

That would make a great outtake. Remember how the 1997 series had outtakes. I wonder if this new series had any, or if they just left them in.
  2. PENumber2

A youtuber, I forget which, pointed out that it seems like they're fully animating these scenes first and then deciding where to put the camera afterward. And that's such a huge mistake. Everyone thinks comic books and manga are easy to adapt into movies because "it's already story boarded" but...
  3. PENumber2

Perhaps I did, but it seems like Kentaro creates an awful lot just so he can destroy it. This fairy tree village they're at in the current manga is going up on flames. I will be shocked if it doesn't. It might take 5 years worth of issues but it's going to happen. Also I agree that genera...
  4. PENumber2

Our hero Guts is found as a baby laying in the mud under his dead mother who was hung by the neck from a tree. He is later rapped as a boy because his foster dad "sold" him for that purpose. (Kudos to Kentaro Miura for NOT drawing 19 pages of that.) Fast forward to the Golden Age Arc, Guts...
  5. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 12

Why is Zod blue? Prior to this episode all interpretations of him have depicted him as either a brown or a rich red tone... which would be more fitting considering he's supposed to be a demon. Also he should have hair. There's this static scene when he's taking off with Griffith on his back...
  6. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 11

The fight with Mozgus was incoherent. I didn't understand how Guts was able to move let alone swing his sword when Mozgus is basically standing in front of him. Those stone punches look like they would hurt a lot, or kill a man, especially if you're hit in the head. I feel like a normal man...
  7. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 8

Animation aside, the main issues with the series seem to have stemmed from the fact they skipped some rather huge sections and had to make changes to accommodate that. Now that we're mostly back on track we seem to be getting better episodes that are paced out appropriately, and they're even...
  8. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 6

Why do they roll the credits at 19 minutes of a 24 minute episode? There's a whole scene vital to two of the characters after it. Just once I want the credits to roll and it's Guts, Griffith, Zod, Skull Knight, Casca, and everyone sitting down enjoying Shawarma like at the end of "The Avengers."
  9. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 5

I liked this episode just as much as the last episode. During the tent scene though it was really annoying how they switched between 3D models and regular animation, because they both look identical with one major difference. When the computer animation models talk their jaws physically move...
  10. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 4

Finally, something passable as an episode of a show on television! ... though Casca was a bit more brain dead than I was expecting her to be. From the manga I always got the impression that she was absent minded ... not drooling at the mouth.
  11. PENumber2

What kind of Berserk adaptation would interest you the most?

I would prefer a series of feature length movies. (In theory the quality would go up with each installment.) The manga is great but it's not written to be anything else. Issues are not paced or story boarded out like television episodes. They don't plan for commercial breaks, and sizable...
  12. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 3

Last episode I joked and feared we might get to see if the animators can draw the reproductive parts of a horse... That whole episode .... and in such vivid detail! This was the worst kind of filler episode. Did we need two minutes of that pig-man apostle saying the word "meat" "meat" "meat"...
  13. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 2

This was such an improvement over the first episode! The only real cringe worthy animation moment for me was when Guts was escaping in Farnese's tent. Some very poorly animated guard opens the tent to tell her Guts has escaped and the way Guts hits him and he falls back... it was a face palm...
  14. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 1

I wonder if they chose to start with an episode that featured that tree monster, which is wooden because of their own ability (time and funding?) to animate it. I imagine had they done the Barron or that girl who turns into the moth might be harder to animate properly.
  15. PENumber2

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 1

Hopefully this series can some day look as good as Sailor Moon Crystal. :sad: It's not so much the look as the animation. It's like they've never seen someone walk. Also the first half of the episode and even the opening intro has a lot of extreme close ups where I just wish they'd have "pulled...
Top Bottom