Recent content by Sammoniac

1. S

Anti-clichés in Berserk

For me, the most unique thing in Berserk is the way Casca was handled post-eclipse. What other fantasy series brings along a severely handicapped, mute love interest for 10+ volumes? I would have never guessed that happening. And yet, it is handled with such grace and practicality, and ties in...
  2. S

Episode 375

Hey what's up everybody? I rarely post here, but I feel like I should give my take on the current chapters and their reception in general. Let me start by making this clear; I do not enjoy the new episodes, broadly speaking. Apart from the art that I find extremely surprising, I think they have...
  3. S

Episode 369

I am surprised to see people's reaction to this new episode. I agreed with people's sentiment on the other continuation episodes but I actually found 369 to have better paneling, pacing and art than what we got so far. Same for the reaction shots. Maybe I'm so amazed by the turn of events that...
  4. S

SkullKast 107 - Gorge (Ep 361)

Ah yes! I knew you guys would make another episode this weekend. Can't wait to hear your insights about 361 :ubik:
  5. S

Episode 361 (July 22)

I'll resurrect my profile and make a bold supposition here; the reason for this delay might be because they plan on releasing a string of episodes in the following months and they want to synchronize the releases all nicely? Wishful thinking, I know... :shrug:
  6. S

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 1

You spoke loudly what I've been thinking quietly. Miura is clearly exploited in all this, despite the fact that he'll be making a few more "quick bucks" in the process. And you made me want to watch Mushishi. I saw like 2-3 episodes back in the days and found it really interesting. Thank you!
  7. S

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 1

The most positive thing I can say about the episode is the *CLANG sound effects of the DS.
  8. S

New Berserk Anime for 2016

Nope didn't know. But I tried to get the default 14 days trial and had an error message saying I already had one in the past, which is not the case. Hell, the credit card I used just arrived here 2 days ago so its impossible and it was obviously a bug. Anyways, I found a way to get around that...
  9. S

In my opinion, the visuals aren't bad at all considering this is a series and not movies. Like all the others, I am a bit puzzled as to why they left out Lost Children. Especialy considering that its a fan favorite segment. But hey, I guess we'll see what this is all about soon enough. I paid my...
  10. S

Silent Observer with a slight worry...

It might sound funny, but I wouldn't mind if the manga stopped somewhere near the end (intentionaly or not). Having an uncomplete story would leave people speculating forever on it, giving it even more power and mystery. I don't say this because I'm afraid that the end won't be satisfying (we...
  11. S

It sure looks a little stiff, but overall I think its way better than the previous style. It has a really gritty feel, I like that. As for the music, I always thought that it was a bit ridiculous to associate Berserk with heavy metal, but for this trailer the industrial sound fits strangely...
  12. S

We shouldn't start making assumptions after seeing a single picture. Its clearly a test image and doesn't reveal anything. Sure, Guts will have a 3D model for the fancier scenes, that's pretty much a given. But I'd realy be surprised if it was all CG. In fact, the only stuff that I'm sure this...
  13. S

I wouldn't be surprised that since the Lost Children arc deals a lot with "elves" *hum*, they just tack on a Puck and Guts meeting somewhere inside the story. It would have the level of suckage expected from these adaptations.
  14. S

The FloraCast: Women's Berserk discussion

This is a tremendous podcast! Very enjoyable, especially for a first time.. so kudos to you girls! :ubik: I know some of these subjects were brought up in the forums before, but I'd like to hear your opinion about them in future podcasts ; - What do you think about the fact that most naked...
  15. S

Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 49

I think you don't need to go out of your way to make things more "entertaining". People are here to listen to you guys talk about Berserk and I'm sure that's good enough for most of us. If you were in our shoes, I'm certain you'd really be glad to have people that have such a huge understanding...
Top Bottom