Recent content by SKplag

1. S

Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Looking forward to that, but ... Let's hope the next episode comes up before season 4 of Game of Thrones
  2. S

Yes, noob mistake ^^ They often bulk episodes. After the last break I was expecting a stream of new epsiodes but then we only got a single one followed by this record-hiatius. At least I'm positive there must be some material for a longer phase of constant publications after this break.
  3. S

Well, it's not unusal for manga artists to burn out a bit when they get older, the slow down and take off time for other stuff in their lifes. That happens a lot. With the unmatched high quality art of berserk these slow downs result in huge breaks between releases. Personally the current pace...
  4. S

Berserk Saga Project News

Thanks for the pictures! I'm more interested in Mikan and Yami now :carcus:
  5. S

While it still sucks as the adaption of my favourite manga, I enjoyed the second movie a lot more than the first one. It starts of a bit like the first one, with stupid pacing that makes you feel like you are watching the movie on fast-forward but after the 100 men fighting, the story-telling is...
  6. S

I feel so "verarscht" I think I might not even watch the sequels. That's really what you get for choosing a studio that's known for having difficulties getting funding in Japan because their work is infamously unconventional. Above all they hired a total noob crew showing us the expexted...
  7. S

Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler [Review]

Watched it today with my brother and a friend. While we are all familiar with the manga, I told them beforehand that the animation will probably suck and is full of CGI and the runtime is too short. But then I'm positively surprised that I was satisfied with the animation. Visible CGI stuff was...
  8. S

Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler [Review]

I recently read in an interview with the director that Miura requested quite some changes. He didn't give that many examples, but he mentioned design changes like clothes, dresses (feathers maybe? lol) and the previously much discussed assassination attempt. I don't think he was involved in even...
  9. S

Confirmed: Berserk first movie sales are doing poor :magni:
  10. S

Berserk and the state of the anime industry

I didn't imply any of that! Makes me wonder if my post was really that disrespectful or you're just reading into it? Ok, allthough I mentioned ecchi, I also gave 2 other examples which don't relate to perversion. To begin with, while manga is big in Japan anime is pretty niche (with...
  11. S

Berserk and the state of the anime industry

When you look back at past anime seasons you have to realize that a lot of anime today is aimed directly at japanese otaku. Hence the moe, ecchi and otaku humour shows sell in Japan while heavy action/or dark fantasy shows and movies flop regularly. The genere is pretty popular outside of Japan...
  12. S

6-12 months
  13. S

I can't imagine this to stay "true" with those runtimes.
  14. S

Maybe they wanted to tone down violence and make it look more accident-like with the small sword instead impaling an innocent child with the real deal.
  15. S

Berserk TV series Bluray BOX Set (Japan)

Re: Rumor: Berserk TV series Bluray BOX Set (Japan) Pretty sure an upscale of a '97 low budget show isn't worth it :slan: As for remastered and reanimated material, I doubt it.
Top Bottom