Any fighting game fans out there??

Huge fighting game fan. Big time into the Neo Geo. Last Blades, Samurai Shodwons, KoFs and Fatal Furies all get alot of play in my house. I also enjoy Guilty Gear and Soul Caliber.

man, oh man! fatal fury/kof, samurai showdowns(2d), SSF2 T, SFA 3, tekken 1-3, tag and i hear the t3 crew did 5, so i want to play that. soul blade/caliber, any of the 1 on 1 marvel/capcom(i seem to do poor at the 2 on 2 versions), KI, and probably others i am forgetting.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I've been playing a lot of Snk vs. Capcom 2 Millionaire Fighting on the Dreamcast lately. Great game, even (kinda) rivals Guilty Gear in the fun department. But nothing will ever beat Guilty Gear in my mind, maybe until March when Hokuto No Ken comes out! Seriously, a Fist of the North Star fighting game using the Guilty Gear engine is like a dream come true for me. I've been waiting for this a long time now, hope they throw in some more characters for the console version!

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
I'm a big fan of the King Of Fighters series, i play KOF since kof 97', Between friends we does many tournaments with English and Spanish players.
i love tekken 5 too (feng wei you rock), and guilty gear, for now I'm waiting Hokuto no Ken on PS2 for some big big training hiiiiii :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Pesmerga said:
I'm a big fan of the King Of Fighters series, i play KOF since kof 97', Between friends we does many tournaments with English and Spanish players.
i love tekken 5 too (feng wei you rock), and guilty gear, for now I'm waiting Hokuto no Ken on PS2 for some big big training hiiiiii :guts:
Shit, I saw Dragonball Z Neo Sparkling for the fucking Wii in a store yesterday! I just about broke down and bought one right there and there. Although I ended buying a new video camera.... Uggghhh... I want to get a Wii just for that fucking game! :judo:

C

Crucades

am into all the KoF and tekken games in particular, nobody liked tekken 4 but i did!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
handsome rakshas said:
But nothing will ever beat Guilty Gear in my mind, maybe until March when Hokuto No Ken comes out! Seriously, a Fist of the North Star fighting game using the Guilty Gear engine is like a dream come true for me. I've been waiting for this a long time now, hope they throw in some more characters for the console version!
! ! !
Never heard about this, seems like it could be supremely awesome. They better have some truly rediculous and over the top death animations though, if I don't see someone's head explode at the end of every match I will be supremely disapointed. Perhaps they'll be Destroy moves?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserker88 said:
Tekken 5 DR is coming to PS3 in HD!!!! YEAH this is the best news for a fighting game fan in a while

It's just a port for the PS3 downloading service of the PSP port of the PS2 game... That may be just me but I fail to see what's so great about this. Rather, a new game specifically developed for the PS3 and fully exploiting its capacities would be nice.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Vaxillus said:
! ! !
Never heard about this, seems like it could be supremely awesome.  They better have some truly rediculous and over the top death animations though, if I don't see someone's head explode at the end of every match I will be supremely disapointed.  Perhaps they'll be Destroy moves?

Sorry Vax,I was also expecting a few gruesome death animations myself, but there is nothing really violent in the game.The folks who make the Guilty Gear games never really put anything extremely gory in their instant death moves. I have a youtube link to a collection of all the "fatal k.o" moves from HnK. I'm stuck at work so I can't browse youtube, I'll put it up later. Some of fatal k.o moves are neat and some are downright lame. I love Shin's Southern Cross suicide dive!

It's just a port for the PS3 downloading service of the PSP port of the PS2 game... That may be just me but I fail to see what's so great about this. Rather, a new game specifically developed for the PS3 and fully exploiting its capacities would be nice.

No, it's an arcade port with HD capabilities. Still nothing spectacular.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
No, it's an arcade port with HD capabilities. Still nothing spectacular.

You're right, it'd be more correct to say that it's a mostly equivalent port of the arcade game. It remains a Playstation Store game in the end though, with the limitations that implies.

Hokuto no Ken isn't that good at all, unfortunately. Busted, stiff gameplay, and as someone already mentioned, not bloody as one would expect from a game based on this series. If Sammy decides on making a sequel they've got their work cut out for them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Though this really makes me regret buying a PSP :judo:

I didn't want to say it, but yeah, to me the main consequence of this game being released for $16 on PS3 is the dismay of those that bought it on PSP, especially if they bought the PSP just for it.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
NTSC-J said:
Hokuto no Ken isn't that good at all, unfortunately. Busted, stiff gameplay, and as someone already mentioned, not bloody as one would expect from a game based on this series. If Sammy decides on making a sequel they've got their work cut out for them.

But for the first time there is a good game for this manga, and the moves of the characters are the same as the manga.
maybe there is only 10 characters but 8 of them are incredible ^^. and surely for the next HNK the number will grow.
i prefer to say : stiff characters than stiff gameplay, but it's exactly like the manga :griff:

The arcade punching game, Punch Mania, was pretty sweet. The PSone beat-em-up with the long title (Hokuto no Ken : Seikimatsu Kyuseishu Densetsu) was also quite good. I've also heard the SMS game was decent...but yea, the Sammy fighter is closer to the top of the FotNS gaming library than at the bottom with the shitty Famicom games.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
NTSC-J said:
After looking at some of the videos on youtoob, it seemed like most of the battle was spent with one character in the air defenseless and the other beating the crap out of them. GGX2 at least had burst to break stuff up. Oh well, maybe they can fix it up in the future.

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
Soul Calibur 3 is a great fighting game. I like to use Mitsurugi and Raphael when I play. Also the create your own character is cool; I created Guts and it really looks like him (golden age version); I also greated Griffith(golden age version), Griffith came out so-so.
Another fighting game I like is Mortal Kombat. I can not wait until the new one comes out.

I'm curious could you provide a lin to how griffith and guts looked when you created them?

Oh, and anyone like powerstone 2/1 that fighting game was pretty fun.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
dwarfkicker said:
I'm still looking forward to it though.  Finally get to take Jinpachi out for a spin.  Though this really makes me regret buying a PSP :judo:

Heh its all about Armor King!!! My fav character to play with and now I can with out having to waste 50 cents at the arcade or play with him on a small ass PSP screen, 61" HD TV here I come!!

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
Soul Calibur 3 is a great fighting game. I like to use Mitsurugi and Raphael when I play. Also the create your own character is cool; I created Guts and it really looks like him (golden age version); I also greated Griffith(golden age version), Griffith came out so-so.
Another fighting game I like is Mortal Kombat. I can not wait until the new one comes out.

I'm curious could you provide a link to how griffith and guts looked when you created them?

Oh, and anyone like powerstone 2/1 that fighting game was pretty fun.

noone has a picture of a created griffith or guts for soul calibur 3?

handsome rakshas said:
I've been playing a lot of Snk vs. Capcom 2 Millionaire Fighting on the Dreamcast lately. Great game, even (kinda) rivals Guilty Gear in the fun department. But nothing will ever beat Guilty Gear in my mind, maybe until March when Hokuto No Ken comes out! Seriously, a Fist of the North Star fighting game using the Guilty Gear engine is like a dream come true for me. I've been waiting for this a long time now, hope they throw in some more characters for the console version!

HNK is developed by Arc Systems the people that made GG. I believe (I could be wrong) that it is an entirely new engine. I have played the game and certain aspects feel like GG it does not feel like the same engine.

I am also looking forward to the PS2 release.

Top Bottom