AOW - Guts & Zodd: "Desperate Attack"

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
It looks incredible. I could never afford this in the first place, but that quote of 48,000 is just crazy. Good luck to anyone going for this one.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Looks great. Completely outside my current budget, but congrats to all you soon-to-be-owners. It looks like a winner.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The price when buying from AOW directly will be the same than for Guts & Farnese, meaning 38,000円 ($314) without shipping.

20cm x 40.5cm x 24cm
that's the size of the "Guts & Zodd: Desperate Attack" statue..
let's take into consideration the size of Zodd II 37.5 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm, and that's 1/15..
so i'm guessing it's 'prolly a 1/18 scale? maybe? or a little bigger?
of course, i'm guessing.. but it's deffinately smaller than 1/15..
i'm guessing if that's the scale, Guts must be the size of one of those plastic green army men =|

Got mine!

I like this pic...

OP31172282335_3.jpg

=)

Guts' face looks pretty small. It's definitely no larger than 1/15 scale.

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
Got mine!

I like this pic...

OP31172282335_3.jpg

=)

Guts' face looks pretty small.  It's definitely no larger than 1/15 scale.

Hi,

Faster than me to post a message but I also got mine... only 2 minutes after opening. Are we crazy ? :serpico:

One bad point I will say is the design of the right arm of Guts. Just hope the "final" version wil be better on this part. And yes the picture you pasted is great.

See you.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Congrats to those who purchased this! It does look mighty... and I rarely use such a word! :badbone:

Skull Knight would still be incredible......

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
By the way guys, I forgot to post about this, but AOW definitely took that title (Desperate Attack) from us. The translation for it was tailor-made by puella because the original is difficult to convey without sounding weird, and there's just about no way a literal translation would sound like it. Basically it's impossible they came up with it on their own, because we paraphrased the the title to fit the original meaning.

Now, I'm not saying AOW did wrong, better take information from reliable sources. :badbone: In the end it's kind of flattering.

PS: I demand a discount!! :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Now, I'm not saying AOW did wrong, better take information from reliable sources. :badbone: In the end it's kind of flattering.

haha. Thats kind of cool. AOW has joined the rest of the internet in stealing SK.net's translations. :troll:

This statue would look fantastico on my desk....I must have it.

Aazealh said:

Now if only other companies would follow suit. Knight of Skeleton...pfshhh. :schierke:

I am really really not convinced by this statue.
Considering the size, Guts is very small (it is a good thing -look at his awful face-) and I bet it is 1/18 or even 1/20 scalled.
I don't like how Zodd is flying and neither his bad sculpt.

Wait to see the final version or better pics...

Aazealh : just the mega 8) 8) 8)
:carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Kenji-kun said:
it is a good thing -look at his awful face-

well nothing really new there. I'd be more concerned by how his arms seem to be noodle like appendages, with extra length given to the forearm.

Overall I still like the statue (I think mostly because its a very cool scene to sculpt from), and I think Zodd's done well enough.

Well I was away on my trip for work and then got stuck in Chicago for a few extra days.....still was able to get home today and order it.

Man it's sad that edition sizes as small as we've had in the last year or two rarely sell out.

Maiku said:
Man it's sad that edition sizes as small as we've had in the last year or two rarely sell out.

Too true - I stayed up til 1.00am to order this thinking it would sell out straight away.

Might be a different matter though with the new 1/10 Skully on horseback. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Good Stuff. I want you to know the work you put into these great works really shows. Down right Kick Ass! Keep it up! :guts:

Hmm, what are you talking about? This isn't AOW's feedback page.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Death May Die said:
Good Stuff. I want you to know the work you put into these great works really shows. Down right Kick Ass! Keep it up! :guts:

Somebody's drunk-posting again. :carcus:

Berserk-KW said:
20cm x 40.5cm x 24cm
that's the size of the "Guts & Zodd: Desperate Attack" statue..
let's take into consideration the size of Zodd II 37.5 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm, and that's 1/15..
so i'm guessing it's 'prolly a 1/18 scale? maybe? or a little bigger?
of course, i'm guessing.. but it's deffinately smaller than 1/15..
i'm guessing if that's the scale, Guts must be the size of one of those plastic green army men =|

Well, I got mine last week, and it's definitely smaller than 1/15 scale. 1/18 - 1/20 is pretty accurate. Hard to say. I took a picture so y'all can see. It's a really shitty picture, sorry! Just thought I'd share so you can see the size. Battery is there for reference!

zoddgutsattack.jpg

To be honest, I was a little bit disappointed in the size of the statue, but other than that, it's a really beautiful piece, of a really awesome scene! Guts's face is super tiny so the detailing on it isn't too great (to be expected though). Zodd is as sexy as ever, of course!

Anyone else get theirs? What are your thoughts?

DirectDK said:

Mine should have arrived last week but I was on holiday. Have got to contact customs on Monday to pay for it's release ($100!!!) so should hopefully get it Tuesday. Looks smaller than I thought but can't wait to get it!

I'm glad i didnt get this statue. It seems like aow is getting more expensive for less. The gatts and farnese was sortof a let down for me considering the size and how the ghosts didnt fit into gatts' cape well. Looking at the release shots that aow posted, it looks like gatts arm is misshapen, and the way they connected zodd's wings bothers me. I'm usually not one to nitpick statues, but considering aow's rapid-fire releases i've had to curb my urge to buy every statue they put out.

DirectDK said:

Mine arrived yesterday. First impression was that it was too small, even with Dereks pic with the battery to illustrate the scale, I still thought it would be bigger. It is about the same scale as the pvc flying Zodd figure. Once I had got over that, I think it is a really excellent piece, there is a hell of a lot of detail in there for its size. All who have seen it so far (my family - who couldn't usually care less about Berserk statues) have rated it as one of the best in my collection.

Top Bottom