AOW re-release: Griffith [Hawks Soldiers] - Horse Riding Sculpture

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
hmm. It might just be that shot (I agree, better shots of Judeau would be wonderfull) but he doesn't look blond! His hair looks brown-ish.

of course, that could be because of the lighting or just the pic. Overall, lookin' nice!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow, a darn sight better than the pictures I saw before! Beautiful figure!!

Edit -- Does the helmet look a little high on his face or is it just me?

Griffith-Horse02.jpg

Just ordered mine too, thought it was still an hour away though, just happened to check and it was up. Oh well its mine mine mine mine heheheh

:miura:

God DAMMIT!

I was reading my book and lost track of time. A friend called me to ask if I ordered it I figured I was still okay......10:15 it was already sold out.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Boy that sure didnt take long to sell out...but I guess that's no surprise. I'm still working on my recast of the original (it's been put on hold until I get out of school in the spring i think) I'll just have to settle with that.

Got mine within the first 10 seconds. =P. I wonder what order number I was. Well I'll find out when I get my official confirmation.

I wanted to stick by the computer to check how long it'll take to sell out, but does anyone know when exactly? I know it was still up 40 minutes after, but according to Maiku (I"M SOO SORRY TO HEAR THAT) it was sold out by 1 hour and 15 minutes after. So I guess it has to be somewhere in between that (which was a lot longer than I thought it would take).

So far, Armored Berserker 1 still has the fastest record of selling out.

PS, and what do people think of the Judo bust? I actually think it's pretty good. It's eons better than the Judo statue that AOW released a few years ago.

N

Ng51386

Got mine also, I slept while Masato did all the work for me :guts:

I wonder how many people from this site alone got one of the 300 possible....? Right now about 5 give or take has reserved the statue that's announced, so who else!?!?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Maiku said:

God DAMMIT!

I was reading my book and lost track of time. A friend called me to ask if I ordered it I figured I was still okay......10:15 it was already sold out.

Sorry to hear about that, Maiku.  I'm sure it will turn up on eBay or YJ auctions sometime in the future, so you'll eventually get your hands on it.  Like Bleak Harvest said, there's always the Guts statue to turn that frown upside down. :serpico:

grendelrt said:
Just ordered mine too, thought it was still an hour away though, just happened to check and it was up. Oh well its mine mine mine mine heheheh

Actually, this was the case for many US buyers. USUALLY, for the past several times I've ordered from AOW, the equivalent time of 11am Japan time is the night before at 7pm Pacific time, and 10pm Eastern time. For some odd reason, when I checked last night on www.worldtimeserver.com , the converted time said 6pm Pacific time....

At first, I was like "huh??? I could have sworn it's always been 7pm for me", but then I just brushed it off and followed the time converter.

Well it seems, that there was some daylight savings in Japan or something, because I've talked to quite a few people and all of them remembered the same converted US time as I originally stated.

Meaning, I guess it's ALWAYS best to do a time conversion, just to be SURE. If I didn't bother to do a time check yesterday, and just followed what I've done in the past (which of course is the most logical thing to do), I would have missed out on this statue.

My condolences for all those that missed out.

N

Ng51386

Maybe I'll go buy a couple of those Guts on Horse statues and see if I can sell them on Ebay or something, see how much they'll go for :guts:

Or I'll buy 10 of them then see what happens... I dont tihnk that they'd make more than the re-released Griffith, would they?

Yeah its usually 13hours ahead of us. Sneaky suckers, they just want all those AOW statues to themeselves :serpico: Funny thing is I finally got my bill for both the bust set and Falconia last night too. And I have that one project being painted soon, man i am going to be poor :judo: <---but at least I get him!!!

DirectDK said:
Actually, this was the case for many US buyers.  USUALLY, for the past several times I've ordered from AOW, the equivalent time of 11am Japan time is the night before at 7pm Pacific time, and 10pm Eastern time.  For some odd reason, when I checked last night on www.worldtimeserver.com , the converted time said 6pm Pacific time....

At first, I was like "huh???  I could have sworn it's always been 7pm for me", but then I just brushed it off and followed the time converter.

Well it seems, that there was some daylight savings in Japan or something, because I've talked to quite a few people and all of them remembered the same converted US time as I originally stated.

Meaning, I guess it's ALWAYS best to do a time conversion, just to be SURE.  If I didn't bother to do a time check yesterday, and just followed what I've done in the past (which of course is the most logical thing to do), I would have missed out on this statue.

My condolences for all those that missed out.

Ng51386 said:
Maybe I'll go buy a couple of those Guts on Horse statues and see if I can sell them on Ebay or something, see how much they'll go for :guts:

Or I'll buy 10 of them then see what happens... I dont tihnk that they'd make more than the re-released Griffith, would they?

Don't turn into a bottom feeder man.

The Guts statue will make me happy but since I am a completist I still have to get the Griff. Still going to get the larger bloody version of the Guts so it isn't quite as exciting for me. :troll:

I woke up this night in the purpose of ordering it but when I saw more pics of it in complete, I have retreat myself.

The statue of Griffith sure is beautiful but have you seen the base ?!!! It took half of the statue.
It remains a "little" 20 cm high real statue 1/15 scale in which the horse takes all the space.
Paying $450 is not a mere action for me (I am a highschool student and I work to pay my stuff) so I decided to concentrate on the Guts on horse which I hope, will be less expensive.

I see that they precise "exclusive version with Judeau". So I expect them to release a regular edition of this statue don't you think ? It would be good for those who couldn't afford it in time.

I dont think there will be a regular version. They have had exclusive versions in the past that never had a regular version later. Usually if they have more than one version they all show up the same night.

Uriel

DirectDK said:
Got mine within the first 10 seconds. =P.  I wonder what order number I was.  Well I'll find out when I get my official confirmation.
I'm so glad I pre-registered. It went by much faster that way -- so I'm hoping for a real low number. Less than 20'd be just dandy :guts: I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks for them to throw up confirmations?

N

Ng51386

If they do do a "normal" version it'll most likely just not have that bust and be the same price. It's the same thing when it's bloody or not and so on, same price, just exclusive or not..

Bottom feed. chomp chomp :chomp:

The base is what makes it even better, it's unique even more so... What other statue even has that huge of a base? It gives the thought that Griffith is above the others, which is what it should be. It's meant to be majestic.

Bleak Harvest said:
I'm so glad I pre-registered. It went by much faster that way -- so I'm hoping for a real low number. Less than 20'd be just dandy :guts: I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks for them to throw up confirmations?

Hey Bleak, actually, the serial number won't have anything to do with how fast you ordered (it would be cool if it did). I think it's dependent on how fast you pay them after your invoice has been sent, but I can't be sure. In the past, my order number has been less than 10, but then I usually get serial #100+. I think it's because they bill/ship Japanese customers before anyone else.

Kenji-kun said:
I woke up this night in the purpose of ordering it but when I saw more pics of it in complete, I have retreat myself.

The statue of Griffith sure is beautiful but have you seen the base ?!!! It took half of the statue.
It remains a "little" 20 cm high real statue 1/15 scale in which the horse takes all the space.
Paying $450 is not a mere action for me (I am a highschool student and I work to pay my stuff) so I decided to concentrate on the Guts on horse which I hope, will be less expensive.

I see that they precise "exclusive version with Judeau". So I expect them to release a regular edition of this statue don't you think ? It would be good for those who couldn't afford it in time.

You have some valid points about the base being really tall, but that was to be expected. And, in comparison to the other 1/15 scale statues (except for Zoddo and Grunbeld), this Griffith statue will "tower" over the others, while still remaining in scale with everything else. I think that's pretty cool, IMO.

And unfortunately, in the past, they always specify "exclusive" edition, like for the Guts/Slan, Femto Rebirth, and as you can see, there haven't been any normal release of those statues.

Anyhow, it'll be nice if the Guts statue will be cheaper, but if it is, it'll probably be only 5,000 yen or so. Let's hope! =)

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that the statue didn't meet your expectations.

Ng51386 said:

I don't know if you were joking or not, but I don't think you should do that. I did something like that when the Xbox 360 came out (hehehe), but I have sympathy for Berserk collectors. After all, we all should be looking out for each other, not trying to make a fast buck.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
I don't know if you were joking or not, but I don't think you should do that.  I did something like that when the Xbox 360 came out (hehehe), but I have sympathy for Berserk collectors.  After all, we all should be looking out for each other, not trying to make a fast buck.

I agree. You'll just be taking away the opportunity for other fans of Berserk, many of whom are members of this site. As for the Xbox 360, Derek, I'm very disappointed in you. :beast:

I see for the exclusive versions, you're totally right. There is no hope... or just 2% chance (the way Judeau is quoted looks strange)

As for the base, yes, I have gessed the purpose of such a huge one. Nevertheless, I thought (and still think) that the statue does definately not value this price because, without this base, it remains a little 1/15 character model (the most important and valuable part according to me).
But it is my personal point of view, as a student who work hard, I want to pay for something that really worth the price etc... (yes, of course, the value of a statue is subjective : some of them can have no price due to passion but not for me... poor little student :guts: )

Guts riding on horse... I hope that the price will be at least 15 000 yens less expansive than that Guts on horse. The original 1/10 scaled one (painted and assembled) cost near 30 000 yens... for a 1/15 release, I expect something like 22 000 yens. If not, Art of War would be very disrespectful on their customers.

Uriel

DirectDK said:
I don't know if you were joking or not, but I don't think you should do that.  I did something like that when the Xbox 360 came out (hehehe), but I have sympathy for Berserk collectors.  After all, we all should be looking out for each other, not trying to make a fast buck.
That's pretty weak dude :miura: But you're right. Snatching up all the Guts statues isn't cool at all. I won't be able to get one, but if I did and I was robbed of it... I'd be extremely pissed :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
USUALLY, for the past several times I've ordered from AOW, the equivalent time of 11am Japan time is the night before at 7pm Pacific time, and 10pm Eastern time. For some odd reason, when I checked last night on www.worldtimeserver.com , the converted time said 6pm Pacific time...

Time was the same as usual for me, I saw the statue come up and all. There's no daylight savings in Japan. You guys might have been confused by the daylight savings in the USA.

Kenji-kun said:

You'd better not hold your breath on that one because like the others said I don't think it'll happen. Same for the price, you shouldn't expect it to be significantly less expensive when this Griffith on Horse reproduction was almost the same price than the original. As for AOW being disrespectful with their customers... These models are rare and very prized, they're sure to sell no matter the price. And it's not like their other products are cheap either, I don't know why you'd complain about this specifically.

DirectDK said:
actually, the serial number won't have anything to do with how fast you ordered (it would be cool if it did). I think it's dependent on how fast you pay them after your invoice has been sent, but I can't be sure. In the past, my order number has been less than 10, but then I usually get serial #100+. I think it's because they bill/ship Japanese customers before anyone else.

Yeah, that's how it works as far as I know. You can be order n°1, you'll never get the serial number 0001 on the statue. The faster you pay the lowest number you get, so most Japanese customers get their order before foreigners, and I imagine that the first numbers are reserved anyway.

Top Bottom