AOW Release - Guts: Horse Riding Sculpture

Maiku said:
In the last company I worked for they would just "sculpt down" the origonal and make a new mold. Pretty cheap because you could use a second rate sculptor. Hard to say exactly how AoW is doing it.

I definetly like the change in coloring since I still plan on picking up the bloody version of the origonal.

Thank you Maiku for the information. I will probably email Art of War to know exactly what's going on with those released models. I will let you know.

Honestly, I don't like very much the colors of the original kit : the blue mantle and grey trousers etc... (too "insipid " for me). I can't wait seeing the new colors (red cape :guts: ) through good quality pictures.

One (small) picture on Art of War's website.

topImage.jpg

It is not very good looking for this angle. Art of War have to improve their skills if they want to attrack buyers by their photographies. They, most of times, just don't do justice to the statue (Zodd II for instanse). Why don't they employ a little Derek' :serpico: ?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
That's a better picture, but you're right about the angle, Kenji. Still, I think I'll be there tonight to bid. 10pm East Coast, ne?

I think the angle is fine if they'd just:

1. Give higher res
2. Employ better lighting/don't make it so dark.

Have many angle shots/different sides so you can get an idea of what it'd look like from each side, etc.

Or have a 360degree pic like Sideshow does for their statues.

Uriel

Okay, they changed their picture. Now we can clearly see Guts' face..... it doesn't look too bad?

Stiler said:
Or have a 360degree pic like Sideshow does for their statues.

Very good idea !

Uriel, I agree. The face looks far much better (and with the helmet, it shall rock) than the original.

10pm East

You're lucky, here in France, it is 4h00 AM (I am tired)

Chiba said:
Damn, I was too late. :judo:

I am sorry for you.
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k33939425
And when I see those bastards (sorry for the expression, but they can't be called anything else), it makes me feel REALLY angry !
What a pathetic behavior !

Uriel

I'm sorry Chiba! It sold out really fast. Whilst I was fretting around trying to remember my password and ID info, the statue was going faster than hot-cakes. I was order number 97, and I ordered it maybe two minutes after it went up :miura:

Kenji-kun said:
And when I see those bastards (sorry for the expression, but they can't be called anything else), it makes me feel REALLY angry !

Ugh. 'Bastard' is the right choice of word for this kind of person.

Stiler said:
See, those are the kind of people I speak about when they only buy statues for the resale value.

....and these "collectors" are AoW's target audience right.....

*sighs*

Anyway I was sick as shit so I gave me friend my info and he ordered it for me. Pretty excited about this one.

N

Ng51386

I was able to get 10 of them :guts:

Oops, I added an extra zero, I mean only 1 :serpico:

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Well, I just checked when I got up, that was 7 hours after they put it up for order. Guess I'll have to stay up till 4am next time to get my statue. Sucks, but can't help it. :serpico:

Chiba said:
Well, I just checked when I got up, that was 7 hours after they put it up for order. Guess I'll have to stay up till 4am next time to get my statue. Sucks, but can't help it. :serpico:

I'd e-mail them and ask to be put on a wait list. It worked when i missed the Griff on Horse.

Maiku said:
....and these "collectors" are AoW's target audience right.....

*sighs*

Anyway I was sick as shit so I gave me friend my info and he ordered it for me. Pretty excited about this one.

Why not make more statues/cheaper then in-turn sell more/make more money and please the fans more then then resale collectors for this one? Woulda been nice....at least from both the buisness and fan standpoint rather then the money hungry collector's. I thought that was one of the points behind re-releasing such statues.

My guess is that they only produce what they are positive will sell. Many AOW statues have not been selling out recently. Now you could say, with a lower price they would of definitely sold out, but that isnt known for sure, since this is kind of a niche market.

Stiler said:
Why not make more statues/cheaper then in-turn sell more/make more money and please the fans more then then resale collectors for this one? Woulda been nice....at least from both the buisness and fan standpoint rather then the money hungry collector's. I thought that was one of the points behind re-releasing such statues.

N

Ng51386

If AOW really wanted money, they could make their own Yahoo Japan account and sell ALL their statues there one at a time.

Top Bottom