AOW - T.J GrosNet Limited Statue - Zodd III (Monster Transformed)

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
I'm happy that you like it. :serpico:
What do you think about the snow on Zodd's feet and tail, does it look real to you? I think that they could've done a better job there or just leave that out.

Whouhooooo Chiba, really great display !
Thanks for the pics.
You have the Branded Ring :carcus:

Is it possible to make more photographies and post them in the topic "Displaying Berserk Art & Merchandise" ?

May I ask a question please ?
Do you think (consdering the sculpt, the box and package) that it would be perfectly safe to send a Zodd III by boat ? (transformed Zodd statues are strong and massives, I suppose that I wouldn't have to worry but...)

Chiba

I'll take more photos and post them. I'm just curious how you saw the ring on the Zodd photos, I can't even see it myself. Very mysterious. :guts:

I don't really dare giving a statement on sending a statue by ship, I've never tried it myself. Derek advised me in another thread not to do it, I can't remember what statue it was about. I don't know what happens to the poor packages on a ship, but from what I heard they must get tortured sometimes.
Anyway, I would never say that it's perfectly safe, not by plane and from what I heard even less on a ship.

Ok Chiba, thanks a lot for the piece of advice ;)
By boat, it takes a lot of time but for a majority of days, the box remain safely without moving one cm. A friend who sends a lot of boxes from Japan told me that boat is better than EMS concerning the risk of brokken parts.
...But the fact that EMS takes 3 days only reassures me. The less the box is on travel, the more I have confident ^^

For the branded ring, we can see few another photographies on the link you gave us (and we see it, like the Guts&Slan diorama ans the battle damage pvc statue) ;)

Chiba

Omg, you hacked my server! :isidro:

On a more serious note: I've always used EMS so far and never had a statue arrive broken. AoW's packaging skills are maxed out. :serpico:

I got mine last week and now I take some pics :casca:

My opinion:

I agree Chiba and Maiku to say that the snow effect is not perfectly recreated, in particular I don't like too much the way the tail rest on the snow (It's difficult to see it on the pics because of the white color but where the tail rest, the snow is raised), what do you think? However the base is very cool and elegant (in its circular shape) in any case. This is a masterpiece even if it's the third transormed Zodd, DYNAMIC is the right word :zodd:.

Regarding the possibility to use seamail instead EMS, I think that in this case there's no risk to receive the statue broken. Zodd is solid (except the claws) and angry more than ever. Moreover the box in box in box AOW method and polystirene covering guarantee enough safety. I think that the real problem, apart the delivery time, is that the seamail is no trackable (is it right?), I worry a lot about the possibility to lost the item. Of course the charge is rather different, in my case it was about 20.000Yen by EMS :judo:, 8.000Yen by Seamail.

Here some pics, battle damage Guts is for reference :serpico:

p.s. Hey Chiba, from what I can see on your pics you have a great collection in a wonderful display! :isidro: Congratulations!

p.p.s. Here the famous scene is recreated: Francesco Totti (AS Roma) VS Zodd Goalkeeper (Apostles FC) :guts:

Chiba

Zoddit said:
p.s. Hey Chiba, from what I can see on your pics you have a great collection in a wonderful display! :isidro: Congratulations!

Thank you very much :serpico:

I love the last pic too. :D

yesmilord

千年王国
Hey sorry for this necro, but it is really the most appropriate thread for my question.

I am thinking of purchasing a Zodd III, but I only own a Detolf display case. Despite what everyone has said, I noted that the total width of Zodd III is 51cm and the diagonal length of the Detolf is 56.72cm. I'm really, really bad at math lol, but if I'm not wrong, shouldn't he able to fit diagonally into a Detolf? I understand that his depth needs to be taken into account as well, but since he's stretched out wide and not long, shouldn't that be negated? But I guess that's where the deciding factor comes in - is if parts of him (especially his hands) are thin enough to allow him to span the full diagonal length of the case.

If anyone has a Zodd III and Detolf, could you help me out please?
I was originally going to put him on top of the case and call it a day, till I remembered that the Armored Berserk was going to be in the spot (and his 60cm depth is DEFINITELY too big for the case).

Thanks lol :???:

yesmilord

千年王国
cucu4coco said:
Will not fit at all.

Thanks for the responses, cucu4coco, Maiku, and Grovel. I didn't mean to question what you guys had already said before, but the discovery of difference in lengths had me wondering.

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
No problem and didn't have any other meaning except being simple and direct.

I was heartbroken when I couldn't even fit diagonally the Zodd III in the display case. Right now, its in my china buffet until I can find a larger case.

Kinda looking for a similiar case like DirectDK's since it can fit the Zodd n Wyald.

yesmilord

千年王国
cucu4coco said:
No problem and didn't have any other meaning except being simple and direct.

I was heartbroken when I couldn't even fit diagonally the Zodd III in the display case. Right now, its in my china buffet until I can find a larger case.

Kinda looking for a similiar case like DirectDK's since it can fit the Zodd n Wyald.

I actually saw those cases on Craiglist a few days back. If I'm not mistaken, they are the hexagonal Techno Display cases. Going direct from Techno Displays will run you over $1K, but the lady selling them on Craiglist offered $275. They look extremely spacey!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
yesmilord said:
I actually saw those cases on Craiglist a few days back. If I'm not mistaken, they are the hexagonal Techno Display cases. Going direct from Techno Displays will run you over $1K, but the lady selling them on Craiglist offered $275. They look extremely spacey!

Yup, that's it and that's super cheap! In the Bay Area, the lowest I've seen were $350. Contacted seller but missed it by 1 day. I would have no regret with $350. That case can fit anything.

yesmilord said:

Yo, you should have jumped on that deal!! AWESOME display case, worth every penny!

The shipping cost is pretty damn hefty for this statue, just exactly how much does it way :griff:

I tried checking Art of War but to bad for me my computer is going a little slow to get to the site because of my antivirus protector :sad:

yesmilord

千年王国
slan69 said:
The shipping cost is pretty damn hefty for this statue, just exactly how much does it way :griff:

I tried checking Art of War but to bad for me my computer is going a little slow to get to the site because of my antivirus protector :sad:

A few sellers on Ebay purposely put the statue at a low price but jack up the shipping really high as a way to attract potential buyers. There's currently a Zoddo III for $20...with a $280 shipping price. Honestly, $300 is still pretty awesome for a Zoddo III and the product looks legit. I would get it except, like the problem I had above, it doesn't fit in any of my cases and I don't have room anywhere else for it right now :mozgus:

yesmilord said:
A few sellers on Ebay purposely put the statue at a low price but jack up the shipping really high as a way to attract potential buyers. There's currently a Zoddo III for $20...with a $280 shipping price. Honestly, $300 is still pretty awesome for a Zoddo III and the product looks legit. I would get it except, like the problem I had above, it doesn't fit in any of my cases and I don't have room anywhere else for it right now :mozgus:

Ahahah yeah I feel you, but I would probably get it any way although I am broke as hell right now :sad:

Top Bottom