Art of War Ideas for NEW items

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Congratulations, DirectDK! I wondered if someone from SK.net won when I got the e-mail from AOW the other day. You lucky bastard. :guts:

yesmilord

千年王国
I drafted an entire pitch document, but I guess like it wasn't good enough lol. But congrats DereK! At least someone here made it!

Congratulations, Derek!

I think "The Reunion" was their best pick. I submitted Casca holding her demon child before it disappeared on the hill from volume 14, and her with the moonlight child from volume 28. Both in 6th scale. Then a few days later that picture of her sitting came up, and there went my chances :schierke:

I requested a 15th scale Griffith on Zodd's back heading for Ganishka, too. I think the Desperate Attack statue would have sold better if it wasn't so tiny. People want a giant Zodd! :zodd:

I don't know how I feel about their picks though. It's like, you REALLY needed an ideas campaign to decided to make the cover of 13? Really?...........

The Skull Knight head and Zodd head feel a little disappointing to me too.

I felt like they implied they were looking for creative suggestions. and then didn't pick any.

That Schierke with the seagulls is brilliant! They could easily make 50-100 of that and sell them. Their production lines aren't that big anymore, so they should be taking more chances. Look how fast their Houma exclusive set sold out, and that was for about $1500.

They just made some underwhelming and obvious picks. AOW has given me Stockholm Syndrome though..........

turkitage

ターク
DirectDK said:
It's probably one of the most famous scenes in the entire story, and fans that have only watched the anime can still enjoy this too.

Anyhow, I wonder how they are going to design the base.

I'm actually surprised they are going to FINALLY make this. I figured they were not going to make this statue because they had a smaller one of it already (but I should know better with the 89089021 repaints, versions, etc.. of other statues that AOW does.)

But I'm excited for this one and will most likely buy it. They really need a beast of darkness statue too, I've been wanting one for a while now.

DirectDK said:
Hey ddiaz. Awww man, sorry to hear that. :sad: I have a feeling that probably a good amount of people submitted this idea. It really is a good one, and a no-brainer for customers to buy. It's probably one of the most famous scenes in the entire story, and fans that have only watched the anime can still enjoy this too.

Anyhow, I wonder how they are going to design the base.

Yes i have submitted the T13 cover too :ganishka:. Lucky! But i'm happy to see that the statue will be made. Beautiful statue in forecast :badbone:

I think the base will be like Guts & Slan base :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations Derek! Can't hurt to get one for free once in a while. :void:

DirectDK said:
It's probably one of the most famous scenes in the entire story

That particular scene actually isn't in the story though. :iva:

Nirvana said:
I don't know how I feel about their picks though. It's like, you REALLY needed an ideas campaign to decided to make the cover of 13? Really?...........

I hear you. I also thought they wanted more creative ideas, and I was also disappointed with the results. But I can't say I was surprised.

As for my suggestions, I'd sent some for all characters: Schierke summoning a spirit, Isidro in an action scene, Farnese in her ball dress while using the Serpents of Thorns (with a cute Casca sucking on her finger after prickling it as an exclusive bonus), Guts in Godot's cave in volume 17 with the Beast of Darkness breathing behind him, Serpico slashing at Daiba while standing on the mast of a sinking ship in Vritannis, Irvine playing his instrument by his lonely campfire, Guts holding Casca in volume 21 (same thing Derek submitted), the Slug Count standing triumphant over an unconscious Guts (last page of volume 2), Mozgus after his transformation, a glass rectangle (like they did with the beherit) of Schierke's astral form, plus some more stuff including a statue of Rochine and various non-statue products. Not posting pictures because there's a lot.

Nirvana said:
That Schierke with the doves is brilliant!

They're seagulls.

yesmilord said:
I drafted an entire pitch document, but I guess like it wasn't good enough lol. But congrats DereK! At least someone here made it!

Hey bud! Can we see it??? Would love to read it!

Nirvana said:
I submitted Casca holding her demon child before it disappeared on the hill from volume 14, and her with the moonlight child from volume 28. Both in 6th scale. Then a few days later that picture of her sitting came up, and there went my chances :schierke:

Oh those are GREAT ideas! I definitely would like to see more Casca represented. It's cool that we got two on the horizon too.

Armored_Berserk said:
Yes i have submitted the T13 cover too :ganishka:. Lucky!

Hehehe, I will think of you when I unbox mine. :griffnotevil:

Aazealh said:
As for my suggestions, I'd sent some for all characters: Schierke summoning a spirit, Isidro in an action scene, Farnese in her ball dress while using the Serpents of Thorns (with a cute Casca sucking on her finger after prickling it as an exclusive bonus), Guts in Godot's cave in volume 17 with the Beast of Darkness breathing behind him, Serpico slashing at Daiba while standing on the mast of a sinking ship in Vritannis, Irvine playing his instrument by his lonely campfire, Guts holding Casca in volume 21 (same thing Derek submitted), the Slug Count standing triumphant over an unconscious Guts (last page of volume 2), Mozgus after his transformation, a glass rectangle (like they did with the beherit) of Schierke's astral form, plus some more stuff including a statue of Rochine and various non-statue products. Not posting pictures because there's a lot.

That Farnese piece would have been awesome! So would the Serpico / Daiba dio. There really is so much potential. And after reading yours, a statue of Godot himself, working on a sword would be wicked.

Aazealh said:
...a glass rectangle (like they did with the beherit) of Schierke's astral form

I WOULD BUY THIS IN A HEARTBEAT.

Nirvana said:
I felt like they implied they were looking for creative suggestions. and then didn't pick any.

They just made some underwhelming and obvious picks.

I think they definitely went for the safer picks, and went for the central characters. And yeah, the volume 13 cover is certainly not the most creative suggestion out of all the ones mentioned. I'm sure they have thought about this dio before (I assume so anyways). But yeah, there was certainly a lot of potential for this project. Hopefully they are still taking into consideration all these wonderful ideas and will release these products in the future anyways. One can dream!

Congrats Derek! :carcus:
I've also submitted the cover from volume 13, so I think it's cool to see that they will make it in the future.
I just cross fingers in hope they will make something good and accurate for once!

yesmilord

千年王国
DirectDK said:
Hey bud! Can we see it??? Would love to read it!

:SK: Sure! :SK:

Sorry for the cheesiness of the writing, I was trying to romance it a bit lol. In the end I suppose practicality dominated the idea of producing something completely awesome, which is completely understandable - I do it all the time at my current job haha.

Anyways, this scene is one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) in Berserk. One reason is that it's where the anime left off - it left such a big impression on me, and the second is: talk about grand entrances!!

For some reason Photobucket really shrunk this thing - click on the Google Doc link if you'd like a more clear view

SKProposalcopy.jpg

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_l0QcZ-3c0VM2RmZDM5MTEtNzIxYy00MzczLWJkNTQtMmQ1Y2I4MTViODM2&hl=en&authkey=CLjVn-IK

DirectDK said:
But yeah, there was certainly a lot of potential for this project. Hopefully they are still taking into consideration all these wonderful ideas and will release these products in the future anyways. One can dream!

I'll definitely be getting the vol. 13 cover and The Reunion. I don't know about a Zodd wall decoration though. I'm picturing like a hunters lodge with deer heads mounted to wood hung all over the walls, and then a zodd head in the middle. I'm not sure I need that in real life. Just a big poly stone head.........

Hopefully if they make all 4 of these and they all sell out pretty quick they'll do this again next year and make some "riskier" (to them) decisions.

I would have rathered any of Aaz's submissions to the Skully and Zodd heads. They were all really good ideas.

I wrote AOW last night, I figure it's too early though, but I asked them if they had any scale's or limitations or variants in mind for their choices. If they write me back with an answer that has some substance I'll let you guys know.

yesmilord

千年王国
The Beast of Darkness said:
That sure is an awesome idea that you got here, yesmilord!
I would see it very well in the form of a wall decoration.

Wows! I never thought of it as a wall decoration, but that would be perfect!
I'm going to write AoW again soon with the idea - maybe there's a chance they'll produce that!

Whoa! Congrats DirectDK! I'm equally excited about seeing how they replicate that particular scene, and what scale they choose for it. I'd love to see it made with the background as if you're watching it in 3D with each individual figure (or the prominent ones) versus a flat panel with the backdrop colored like a poster/ background - that's IF they decide to include the backdrop. What do you guys think? Also, how long do you expect this to take by AOW before it comes out?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nirvana said:
I'll definitely be getting the vol. 13 cover and The Reunion. I don't know about a Zodd wall decoration though.

Are we sure they'll actually produce the "Special Prize Winners" though? It was never mentioned anywhere, and in their original email they mention there would be an unlimited number of winners for that prize, which leads me to believe they aren't going to create them, or at least aren't guaranteeing anything.

Nirvana said:
I would have rathered any of Aaz's submissions to the Skully and Zodd heads. They were all really good ideas.

Thanks! I think we all had some pretty good suggestions. I'd have vastly preferred your ideas for Casca over what they're doing for example.

IncantatioN said:
that's IF they decide to include the backdrop. What do you guys think?

I highly doubt they'll do that.

IncantatioN said:
Also, how long do you expect this to take by AOW before it comes out?

About a year. That being said, let me point everyone to the small print in their email:

AOW said:
Please note:
(1) New items will not be exactly the same as customers’ proposals. ART OF WAR will decide details when developing new items.
(2) ART OF WAR will have the copyright of new items.
(3) New projects may be stopped due to unavoidable reasons.

So AOW sent me a response to my email asking if they had any idea yet of the scale, limitation or variants for the ideas they chose. Their answer was:

Thank you for your continued support to ART OF WAR.

We are glad that you liked those great ideas :D

However, we are not sure how we are going to present those new items; probably, they will be 1/10 scale

Aazealh said:
Are we sure they'll actually produce the "Special Prize Winners" though? It was never mentioned anywhere, and in their original email they mention there would be an unlimited number of winners for that prize, which leads me to believe they aren't going to create them, or at least aren't guaranteeing anything.

Their response makes me think, that at least as of now anyway, they're planning to make all 4. Since they said "they will be 1/10". And I doubt they mean the Skully and Zodd heads. Which would be hilarious! If they made a 1/10 scale Skully head with a behelit in it, they probably would still charge 50,000 yen :ganishka:

So I replied to them by saying I think they should do the volume 13 cover in 1/6th scale. Everyone who plans to buy it should bombard them with emails trying to get it made in 1/6th scale!

I'm looking at YOU Derek! :rakshas: I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have the winner throw their enthusiasm for it contact them ;D

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Wow that's great that members from the forum won! : D I'm not jealous at all. NOT AT ALL. :schierke:

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the new statues AOW puts out. The ideas seem really awesome. Good job everyone.

Top Bottom